Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 01:13 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
...(as is the case with most people who still have feelings for "their first" when "their first" wasn't "their last".
And in an amazing coincidence - my first wasn't my last, and my last won't be my first!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 09:31 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Maybe the poster reacted that way because it appeared that you assumed all the guys on the forum lost their virginity to girls. :shrugs:
maybe she didn't assume anything, but simply was talking to the guys that lost their virginity to girls

Old 06-14-2008, 09:32 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
All-in-all I don't wish I had waited longer per se, I just wish I had waited for a different person. Make sense?
Yep, makes sense.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:44 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
Do I have a connection?

Heck, I can't even remember who she was nor the motel we were at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie_downs View Post
this goes to the guys...do you tend to have a bond or some type of connection to the girl you lost your virginity to orrr will always have feelings for her, and what kind of 'feelings'? i know many girls can, but am wondering how it is for the guys. as in a relationship were at one time you thought you loved the girl then you realized that you didnt when you found the love of your life...

Old 06-14-2008, 10:16 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
Someone posted this message to me in the form of REPS:

If that is true I feel very sorry for you - sex without love starves your soul - it's so unhealthy.

If you can't identify yourself, no need to post to me. It's not like I can come through the screen and "beat you down".

But thanks for the REPS. Next time use direct message. Maybe that's why you used REPS, becuase you do not have to identify yourself.

Also, I lost my virginity when I was a teen, I'm 34 years old now. Do you really think my soul is starved? That was over 15 years ago. Also, sex is not some "spiritual" process. Sex is what it is, sex!

Old 06-14-2008, 10:24 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
The girl I lost my virginity to... She was always that person I had a different kind of connection with. She used to call me her blanket. For example, if she broke up with a boyfriend she would call me, cry on my shoulder and we would have incredible sex for a few weeks before striking out on our own again. The reverse was also true. We did that for over 10 years. The only thing that stopped it was my marriage. She still calls when she breaks up with a boyfriend, just no sex. The answer to your question is yes, there is a weird connection with your first. It seems to be more pronounced if you and your first both took the first step out of innocence together. In other words, if you lost your virginity to a street-walkin' ho, no connection. The girl next door, connection.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:27 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
And in an amazing coincidence - my first wasn't my last, and my last won't be my first!
And ladies, keep in mind:

You can't be first, but you can be next.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:09 PM

539 posts, read 1,804,644 times
It depends. When I first had sex, I had very little idea of what was going on. I enjoyed it and kept doing it throughout the summer but it just seemed like something enjoyable. I was eight and the girl next door (she was 13) to my aunt's house would come and get me most mornings throughout the summer. I remember her, I remember the hard concrete of the garage floor, I remember the smell of her hair-care products but little else.
The first time that I could no longer resist the temptation and had more consentual sex (I had sworn to wait until I got married - didn't make it) ... yeah, I have more fond memories of her and the situation. But she isn't the best memory. That would have to go to one of the three girls that I was "whipped" (hey...it happens sometimes) over.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:09 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Someone posted this message to me in the form of REPS:

If that is true I feel very sorry for you - sex without love starves your soul - it's so unhealthy.

If you can't identify yourself, no need to post to me. It's not like I can come through the screen and "beat you down".

But thanks for the REPS. Next time use direct message. Maybe that's why you used REPS, becuase you do not have to identify yourself.

Also, I lost my virginity when I was a teen, I'm 34 years old now. Do you really think my soul is starved? That was over 15 years ago. Also, sex is not some "spiritual" process. Sex is what it is, sex!
you know,you may see me as immoral for the way I lost it or other people also,or even some subsequent flings I had but "being" with someone even for a short term doesn't mean there is no affection.I mean some of my past girlfriends I didn't know if it would last or not but I went with the flow.I mean what if I hold off 10 years after meeting someone to know if they are "right" then 10 years latter it falls apart anyway?

And I don't think I was "cold" because I said up front what the deal was regarding my one night stand as a youngin' loosing my virginity.

I have been with women in flings and while I didn't love them as "in love" I treated them as "right" as I could with affection and caring.

Hey,if some of you can hold out through the best years of your life waiting for that special someone to come along that just grabs your heart then do what you think is right.I will take it as it comes,and hold the people I have known in my own memories of life.

meh,whatever............

Old 06-15-2008, 01:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
you know,you may see me as immoral for the way I lost it or other people also,or even some subsequent encounters I had but "being" with someone even for a short term doesn't mean there is no affection.

And I don't think I was "cold" because I said up front what the deal was.

I have been with women in flings and while I didn't love them as "in love" I treated them as "right" as I could with affection and caring.

Hey,if some of you can hold out through the best years of your life waiting for that special someone to come along that just grabs your heart then do what you think is right.I will take it as it comes,and hold the people I have known in my own memories of life.

meh,whatever............

Affection cannot compare to real love - and it would not be enough for me personally.

I guess I'm just old school - sex without love it like food without salt or any seasonings, just bland and boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships