Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 10:15 AM

4,893 posts, read 14,108,967 times

Advertisements

Gotta vent here..

#1 I get a call from my xbf of 8 years....(who by the way went to Pearl Jam last night with his "current" girlfriend...."Can you pay my car insurance for me...I have the $ but I can't ________ (fill in the blank appropriately)....I said, "you have a girlfriend, her name is X....ask her to pay it for you.....no response...I said, I'm very sorry but I can't help you....

#2 new bf wants to borrow my car.....I'm at work, his friend will fill up the tank with gas.....so ....I say, "borrow your friend, X's car." bf: "he won't let me." I say why? you can only imagine the rest....me: It's Friday the 13th, you are not on my insurance. As much as I'd love to help you out...this is not the day, nor the time. If someone hits you in my car. It's all over, you're not on my insurance and it is what it is...

I put my freaking foot down on both of them....

ESPECIALLY TODAY!

I do not need two men getting on my last nerve!!!!

Tell me I did the right thing with both of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 10:20 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,938,100 times
Well... let's leave the man-bashing out of it... "last thing I need is two men..." It could have been two anybody... deal with the situation, not the sex of the people.

That said, to answer your question... "yes."

Your first boyfriend was a moron for even asking. If it was an ex of mine, she would have gotten to: "Can I borrow some $ for..." *click* Especially if they are seeing someone else.

The second case is fine regardless of who it is. If they are not on the insurance, they shouldn't drive your car... man, woman, child, dog. You were right in doing that.

Put your mind at ease, as far as I'm concerned. You made the right choices. Just make them for the right reasons, not because they are guys, but because the situation was wrong.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:21 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,024,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Tell me I did the right thing with both of them?
You certainly did. What IS wrong is your apparently consistent taste for that type...

Old 06-13-2008, 10:23 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,243,534 times
1) that's some nerve of your ex to call to ask if you could front him some money. Why would he think you would be willing to do that? And after 8 years no less?

2) I thought you could give permission to a licensed driver to drive your car and be covered. Do you have a clause in your policy that doesn't permit you from allowing someone to drive your car for you?

Old 06-13-2008, 10:26 AM

3,080 posts, read 11,044,174 times
Right on the second wrong on the first.

You should have loaned him the money on the precondition that he tell his current GF she is too fat compared to his ex (you). Maybe via an email with her BCC'ed, so you can verify she got the message.

You just can't buy that kind of revenge... usually.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post

You should have loaned him the money on the precondition that he tell his current GF she is too fat compared to his ex (you). Maybe via an email with her BCC'ed, so you can verify she got the message.

What a sinister mind, sponger! I like your idea! That would be money well spent.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:33 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,895,108 times
You go, girlfriend! Yeah, put your foot down on them, esp. #1.

Who else gets a little paranoid on Fri. the 13th. Of course I don't.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:41 AM

8,307 posts, read 38,711,553 times
#1: Absolutely right. Tell that guy to EAT SH|T & DIE!! I know I would, and I would love every minute of it. Make it hurt.

#2: I can understand if he's a poor driver and you are concerned that he may break someone's neck, but, if you don't think he would be responsible for his, well, responsibilities to you, is he really your boyfriend?

Old 06-13-2008, 10:41 AM

4,893 posts, read 14,108,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post

FYI, I did help him out 2 months ago with this situation....put his payment on my card....he still owes me 1/2 on that payment....i.e. reason why this is a no go for me today.

His parents live in the next town, where his car insurance is due...I figure, let him call them and ask this favor....why me?

Old 06-13-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
You go, girlfriend! Yeah, put your foot down on them, esp. #1.

Who else gets a little paranoid on Fri. the 13th. Of course I don't.
Probably enough , even though it happens quite often. Traffic was pretty light this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships