Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 10:34 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times

Advertisements

My daughter has a friend who is the same age she is, 11 and about to go into the 5th grade.
My daughters friend's Mom is divorced from the kids Father and is about to remarry. They were all together the other day and my daughters friend, Ashley asked her future step Dad if he had special glasses for watching TV because he had made the comment earlier that he needed his reading glasses (he has bifocals I guess). It was an honest question on the part of the child, no one in her family wears glasses so she was not familiar with the whole process.

His reply was "did you expect them to have penis all over them?"

This man said that right in front of the her Mother. I have to say that would have been the LAST thing he said in front of my 11 year old daughter. I was pretty astonished that she didn't say anything to him.

Personally that would be a red flag for me that his behavior isn't appropriate to be around children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 10:35 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
WTF?????????????

I'd worry.

Keep your and, if possible, all children far, far away.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:40 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
WTF?????????????

I'd worry.

Keep your and, if possible, all children far, far away.
NO kidding, I thought it was out there. Totally NOT RIGHT.

This will be her THIRD marriage, I have to wonder if she isn't the kind of woman who HAS to have a man, to the point where she isn't paying attention to how the man is with her children.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:03 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times
I don't even get how a comment like that can be a response to what the kid asked!! I'm totally not putting the two statements together. What the heck?!

Very inappropriate behavior if you ask me.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:13 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times
Wow, what was going through that man's mind when he answered that question?? Pedophile alert!!!! Keep your daughter far away from him!

And was for what I'd say, I think I'd drag him off by his ear, and then proceed to grill him. From that point on, I'd be extremely watchful for anything else inappropriate, and at the same time, I'd be preparing to take my daughter and leave. I have a very low tolerance for this kind of behavior.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:46 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
really weird and stupid thing to say.Total lack of good judgement and taste.Yeah Id be mad about that also.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:47 AM

308 posts, read 1,616,898 times
I am also somewhat confused as to how that was a response to the friend's question. It makes absolutely no sense. Yes, it may certainly be a warning sign that the guy is into some hinky (illegal) stuff, or it could also be that they completely misheard what he said or that he has problems saying certain words. (Trying to give the dude some benefit of a doubt here.)

Old 06-15-2008, 11:49 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
I agree with paramour. That doesn't make sense.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Maybe the child misheard -? Do you know what her verbatim question was -?

I dont get the connection between "penis" and "reading glasses."

Old 06-15-2008, 12:24 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
My daughter has a friend who is the same age she is, 11 and about to go into the 5th grade.
My daughters friend's Mom is divorced from the kids Father and is about to remarry. They were all together the other day and my daughters friend, Ashley asked her future step Dad if he had special glasses for watching TV because he had made the comment earlier that he needed his reading glasses (he has bifocals I guess). It was an honest question on the part of the child, no one in her family wears glasses so she was not familiar with the whole process.

His reply was "did you expect them to have penis all over them?"

This man said that right in front of the her Mother. I have to say that would have been the LAST thing he said in front of my 11 year old daughter. I was pretty astonished that she didn't say anything to him.

Personally that would be a red flag for me that his behavior isn't appropriate to be around children.
Can you spell PERVERT?

What prompted THAT comment? That was totally inappropriate. What does tv watching and glasses have to do with male anatomy?

That reminds me. I believe the odds of a girl being sexually abused goes up something like 45 times when mom dates/remarries. Great pick for a step father there mom.

I'd keep my daughter home and make no secret as to why. I'd tel lhim to his face his comment was unacceptable and my child will not be gracing any house he lives in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships