Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:40 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times

Advertisements

Tell him you became a lesbian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 12:42 PM

542 posts, read 1,684,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I like the job interview question...Where do you see yourself in five years...use that and move on and you will be right on.
I agree with this...do you want to be here in 5yrs posting the same post? Or worse...

Old 06-20-2008, 02:38 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
I've heard that one really works and is believable. People these days are confused about their sexual orientation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Tell him you became a lesbian.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:54 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,252 times
I don't think the OP really has to worry about hurting his feelings, and I doubt the guy will care if she "breaks up with him", because there is really no relationship to end. Just stop accepting his calls and excuses, and find activities to occupy your time. Perhaps give volunteering a shot, that way you are active occupied and do not need his attention to keep you happy.

You must get something out of him continuing this cycle, otherwise you would change your number and make sure that he never got your new number, and would not break down and call him. There are other, better ways to feel needed (see above re: volunteering)

Old 06-20-2008, 04:34 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Don't know if this is the proper way to say this but I will: You need to get pounded by someone else and you'll never look back at this loser again. Good luck

Old 06-20-2008, 04:44 PM

522 posts, read 963,152 times
Default If you look at the cycle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmama27 View Post
I need all the advice I can get thanks in advace! I have been with the same guy off and on for a year. We are both 27, but have know each other since 8th grade. He lies and cheats all the time but always sweet talks his way out of it and I fall for it again then again then I find myself crying and all sad and emotional, then he talks his way to me again. I have changed my number 4 times only to call him back with it I have tried so many times to walk away but it seems impossible. I am a cute girl and could find someone else but I always run back to him. So what the heck is wrong with me?

This guy is actively lying? Cheating?
Do you know that this is Abuse in one of it's highest forms.??
There is not much more painfull than that..
So here is what I did.
I lived with an abuser for several YEARS.
It took several years of counseling, several nightmares AFTER I left him, including 5 PFA's, (I used to call him boomarang, because he kept coming back)
You are an intelligent and perceptive woman, who knows that this is not right, there-fore you were brave enough to come out and reach out for a hand.
Well, I know all the advice in the world won't help, you have got to make YOUR mind up.
It is the fear that keeps us, the only question that you have to answer is What is that fear for you?
Are you afraid that you aren't good enough by yourself?
Are you afraid that you won't find anyone to compare to him in some way?
Are you feeling guilty about hurting his feelings..(remember he is the one who is lying and cheating on YOU)
Nay Nay Nay...
Nay.
Do Not ALLOW him (aka enable ..) him to cheat on you again!
How?
Leave, how?
One day at a time, the same way that you leave a drug , you leave a guy like my x.
I moved, a couple of times..
Changed careers, changed my address to a post office box..
Changed my hair
Changed my car..immediately.
Changed my contact list ( all of HIS friends , were nolonger my friends , and that was a hard one)..I tried it and even though they PROMISED that they had no contact with him, one of them let it slip one day and I realized the TRUTH.
(That slip can cause you alot of trouble too)
The hard truth was that even though I really had an attatchment with some of these people, it was that they were all headed in the same direction that he was (a party party crowd) ..well I wasn't.
So you make new friends, or you find out who your friends really are.
I also started to go to church , and do other things such as learning to paint(remember love always inspires..)
I got to a point in my life where I knew that even though I was not in the least a bad looking girl, that I had to have many other attributes, just like you do.
I mean what if I was burned in a fire or disfigured?
Well , I actually sold quite a few of those paintings and many people liked them.
Prior to that I was in modeling and show business.
Then I went ahead and went back to school..knowing I was going to leave him, I had to have a plan.
(That helps too).
Anyway, I am telling you my story in the hopes that it will save you years of grief , like I had.
Is he possessive? Jealous?
Says he is sorry over and over ?
Don't buy it.
I hope this helps.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:56 PM

12 posts, read 37,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen570 View Post
So here is what I did.
It took several years of counseling, several nightmares AFTER I left him, including 5 PFA's, (I used to call him boomarang, because he kept coming back)
You are an intelligent and perceptive woman, who knows that this is not right, there-fore you were brave enough to come out and reach out for a hand.
Well, I know all the advice in the world won't help, you have got to make YOUR mind up.
It is the fear that keeps us, the only question that you have to answer is What is that fear for you?
Are you feeling guilty about hurting his feelings..(remember he is the one who is lying and cheating on YOU)
Nay Nay Nay...
Nay.
How?
Leave, how?
One day at a time, the same way that you leave a drug , you leave a guy like my x.
Changed my hair
Changed my contact list ( all of HIS friends , were nolonger my friends , and that was a hard one)..I tried it and even though they PROMISED that they had no contact with him, one of them let it slip one day and I realized the TRUTH.
The hard truth was that even though I really had an attatchment with some of these people, it was that they were all headed in the same direction that he was (a party party crowd) ..well I wasn't.
I also started to go to church , and do other things such as learning to paint(remember love always inspires..)
I got to a point in my life where I knew that even though I was not in the least a bad looking girl, that I had to have many other attributes, just like you do.
Well , I actually sold quite a few of those paintings and many people liked them.
Then I went ahead and went back to school..knowing I was going to leave him, I had to have a plan.
(That helps too).
Anyway, I am telling you my story in the hopes that it will save you years of grief , like I had.
Don't buy it.
I hope this helps.
Finally, someone who understands! I knew there had to be someone out there. Your right on about having a plan in motion. I have a close friend who lives in Tampa Bay, and she is more than thrilled to have me give that a shot. I have no kids yet, so Im going to give it a try in 6 weeks. Life is to short to be miserable!!! In the meantime, I have alot of planning, packing and saying good-bye to family and close friends Thanks for your feedback and understanding!

Old 06-20-2008, 10:09 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmama27 View Post
I need all the advice I can get thanks in advace! I have been with the same guy off and on for a year. We are both 27, but have know each other since 8th grade. He lies and cheats all the time but always sweet talks his way out of it and I fall for it again then again then I find myself crying and all sad and emotional, then he talks his way to me again. I have changed my number 4 times only to call him back with it I have tried so many times to walk away but it seems impossible. I am a cute girl and could find someone else but I always run back to him. So what the heck is wrong with me?
Three words....

Low self-esteem.

Grow a backbone....it's a marvelous thing.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:18 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen570 View Post
So here is what I did.
Nay Nay Nay...
Nay.
How?
Leave, how?
Changed my hair
(That helps too).
Don't buy it.
I hope this helps.
BTDT - make a clean break and get on with your life. You can do better than this. . . let's face it being alone is better than this. Once you leave never look back and never contact him again. He is like an anchor, he's holding you down. As long as he is in your life you won't have the opportunity to meet a guy who will love you and treat you with respect. I'm not saying it'll be easy, but it is the right thing to do if you really want a future with a nice guy.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:19 PM

598 posts, read 2,074,550 times
Become a black or white thinker. No contact. Ever. For any reason.

"Hey baby, what's up? Hit me back."

<ignore>

"Hey, we need to talk."

<ignore>

"I really love you."

<ignore>

"PLEASE CALL ME BACK"

<ignore>

Comes by to see you, "open the door, we need to talk!!!"

<ignore>

"Baby. I need to talk to you. It's not about us. I'm feeling really...bad. Think I'm going to hurt myself/relapse/drink and drive"

<call police and then ignore>

Get what I'm saying, hon? Give it 30 days, he'll back off. Do not speak to him for any reason. ANY reason. This guy obviously knows you and knows how to manipulate you. Let him find someone else to treat like cr-p.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships