Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 08:21 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times

Advertisements

sounds like she has experience being turned down ROTFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlchick View Post
Become a black or white thinker. No contact. Ever. For any reason.

"Hey baby, what's up? Hit me back."

<ignore>

"Hey, we need to talk."

<ignore>

"I really love you."

<ignore>

"PLEASE CALL ME BACK"

<ignore>

Comes by to see you, "open the door, we need to talk!!!"

<ignore>

"Baby. I need to talk to you. It's not about us. I'm feeling really...bad. Think I'm going to hurt myself/relapse/drink and drive"

<call police and then ignore>

Get what I'm saying, hon? Give it 30 days, he'll back off. Do not speak to him for any reason. ANY reason. This guy obviously knows you and knows how to manipulate you. Let him find someone else to treat like cr-p.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 08:51 PM

522 posts, read 963,152 times
I happen to know a few people in Tampa bay area, but be careful there !!!

Oldsmar is nice, clearwater is nice, just north of that area too!!
You will be in my prayers let me know how you make out.
You can make it down there, morrisons seafood is a wonderful place to eat!
(In clearwater!)
Best to you ...

Old 06-21-2008, 08:55 PM

PS
I found that it helps to spend some time with people who are going forward with positive things going on.But I also found that it helps to spend some time alone and in the quiet where you can gather your thoughts.
It helps to keep a journal too..
If you want to find a place of your own, I actually helped a very good friend to find her house down there for an enth of the market value!
Like I said , I know a couple of people.
I would be more than happy to help you , and hey, maybe we could get to be friends!

Old 06-21-2008, 08:59 PM

i find it helps to spend quality time with oneself in a dark closet ...rotfl just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen570 View Post
PS
I found that it helps to spend some time with people who are going forward with positive things going on.But I also found that it helps to spend some time alone and in the quiet where you can gather your thoughts.
It helps to keep a journal too..
If you want to find a place of your own, I actually helped a very good friend to find her house down there for an enth of the market value!
Like I said , I know a couple of people.
I would be more than happy to help you , and hey, maybe we could get to be friends!

Old 06-22-2008, 12:09 AM

598 posts, read 2,074,550 times
My point was just that he interprets any communication from you as meaning that you still like him/he's still "got you".

The only thing you can do is ignore the guy. He'll move on.

(and if he doesn't, consider a protective order or charging him with "telephone misuse" etc. Stalking is illegal.)

Old 06-22-2008, 12:40 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmama27 View Post
I need all the advice I can get thanks in advace! I have been with the same guy off and on for a year. We are both 27, but have know each other since 8th grade. He lies and cheats all the time but always sweet talks his way out of it and I fall for it again then again then I find myself crying and all sad and emotional, then he talks his way to me again. I have changed my number 4 times only to call him back with it I have tried so many times to walk away but it seems impossible. I am a cute girl and could find someone else but I always run back to him. So what the heck is wrong with me?
Why? Because he's familiar and comfortable...that's why.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:50 AM

how is telephone misuse stalking? I was thinking it was more of harassment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlchick View Post
My point was just that he interprets any communication from you as meaning that you still like him/he's still "got you".

The only thing you can do is ignore the guy. He'll move on.

(and if he doesn't, consider a protective order or charging him with "telephone misuse" etc. Stalking is illegal.)

Old 06-22-2008, 10:17 AM

874 posts, read 3,679,414 times
Self Love or Self Hate? You need to figure out what is it about yourself that you hate so much that makes you feel that you deserve to be crapped on or simply disrespected. You are of selfworth and you should NEVER EVER allow ANYONE dictate how you think or feel.

As a people, we know what we can and cannot get away with. Your boyfriend is abusive..and loves it! You need to look in the mirror and fall in love with yourself. Once you realize the queen you are, you will never allow this jerk to use you like this. Remember..you are a gem, priceless.

If the above advice doesnt help..just put this into perspective...STDs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN STILL WALK!!

Old 06-22-2008, 12:23 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmama27 View Post
I need all the advice I can get thanks in advace! I have been with the same guy off and on for a year. We are both 27, but have know each other since 8th grade. He lies and cheats all the time but always sweet talks his way out of it and I fall for it again then again then I find myself crying and all sad and emotional, then he talks his way to me again. I have changed my number 4 times only to call him back with it I have tried so many times to walk away but it seems impossible. I am a cute girl and could find someone else but I always run back to him. So what the heck is wrong with me?

Have you seen that film "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" - really funny! Why don't you try all the tricks out on this guy!!! He'll think you've gone insane and run so fast you won't see him for dust......

Old 06-22-2008, 03:32 PM

I personally like the direct approach with someone sensible, it sounds like he would not do anymore than try to manipulate his way back in however, so in this case a last letter may be appropriate, not only to let him know you are absolutely through, but to , at the same time, give yourself time to read it over and feel comfortable with said letter, and if you don't ...you can always burn it, and just go!
It is with these letters that I was abled to look at my own perspective too.

There is an old woman that I know, she spent years with a man who treated her so..
now she lay twisted and contorted of her dreams
All forsaken for what she would not esteem
and
I know a woman who reached and found
A love through God who showed her how
A respect for herself
Never to return
Going then forward
Free of the burn
A man came years later who loved her so
Opened doors
and windows for her life to breathe and grow
And now as she is older and gazing through the looking glass
remembering days and years gone past
The reflection it smiles back at her.

No amount of money, sweet talk or promises is worth staying with a cheater!!!!
You don't deserve that !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships