Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 08:43 PM

52,202 posts, read 52,636,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
Hey I have no problem w/ women who want the men with everything except I have a problem when women go after men for money and success. Women either build success w/ their men or stand by them as they earn it or they build their fortunes together. I take great issue when women marry for money! Glad my husband and I had built together!
That sounds refreshing. Sounds like your husband married a good woman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 08:49 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,618,066 times
Quote:
Hey I have no problem w/ women who want the men with everything except I have a problem when women go after men for money and success. Women either build success w/ their men or stand by them as they earn it or they build their fortunes together. I take great issue when women marry for money! Glad my husband and I had built together!
I'll join with Chowhound in congratulating you and your husband, but what of the women that ride the train DOWN with their mate? Are they to be any less honored? Or should that be a new thread?

Old 06-22-2008, 08:51 PM

812 posts, read 2,306,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That sounds refreshing. Sounds like your husband married a good woman
Thanks Chow. I think the only way to feel good about yourself in this life is to earn what you have. Too many out there not willing to work for what they have. It's not right. Then you also have the situation w/ divorce and women unable to take care of themselves if they rely on a man too much. Women and men have to be very careful and make sure both people are able to be self sufficient.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I'll join with Chowhound in congratulating you and your husband, but what of the women that ride the train DOWN with their mate? Are they to be any less honored? Or should that be a new thread?
That would depend on why the train rides down.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That would depend on why the train rides down.
True - which is why it probably needs a thread of its own. Oh, well...

Old 06-22-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, what do you mean ride the train down? like go broke? You stick it out. If you have all the qualities you wanted to begin with, then money isn't the issue to begin with. Money can come and go. Love is the ultimate and not the important factor in the relationship. That is why I am happy we got married and had our lean times. Mind you our struggles weren't bad but we were renting when we got married. If you go broke, you build it back up, but it shouldn't destroy a relationship either. We live like we do now like we did when we were first married. We have more but we are just as frugal. We never forgot how we scrimped and don't want to forget. We celebrate our love nothing else. If that makes sense. Then I guess you look at your spouse and they look better to you, you grow and more sensitivity and all the other stuff as you evolve. If that makes sense.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:58 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,011,368 times
I think it's all about confidence. I love men who are confident, yet not cocky. Also, someone with a great sense of humor. My dad is the "macho" type, and my hubby is confident and self assured..love a man who takes charge!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
True - which is why it probably needs a thread of its own. Oh, well...

Sierra and sifu sorry I rambled, whoops

I guess what I was trying to say is when you love someone the love you share makes them macho and look good etc etc etc. I'll quit now!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, what do you mean ride the train down? like go broke? You stick it out. If you have all the qualities you wanted to begin with, then money isn't the issue to begin with. Money can come and go. Love is the ultimate and not the important factor in the relationship. That is why I am happy we got married and had our lean times. Mind you our struggles weren't bad but we were renting when we got married. If you go broke, you build it back up, but it shouldn't destroy a relationship either. We live like we do now like we did when we were first married. We have more but we are just as frugal. We never forgot how we scrimped and don't want to forget. We celebrate our love nothing else. If that makes sense. Then I guess you look at your spouse and they look better to you, you grow and more sensitivity and all the other stuff as you evolve. If that makes sense.
A wonderful response, and yes it does make sense...

...except that I seem to recall the stats saying most domestic disagreements take place over money. I'd think that would in many cases lead to divorce...

Personally, I've always been of the opinion that it's hard to pay the rent or buy food with love, but that might be because I'm such a grouch.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Personally, I've always been of the opinion that it's hard to pay the rent or buy food with love, but that might be because I'm such a grouch.
If it's any consolation, you're certainly not the only grouch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships