U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-22-2008, 04:22 PM
 
Location: So Cal
43,716 posts, read 42,865,699 times
Reputation: 44829

Advertisements

I was wondering what women really think of sensitive guys. You hear about how women like men to show emotions etc etc
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-22-2008, 04:24 PM
 
25,163 posts, read 49,834,304 times
Reputation: 6981
Women have contradicted themselves since the dawn of time. They can be real control freaks. For example: Trying to get a macho man to feel his feelings and express emotions. Trying to get a macho to talk. Trying to get a nerdy nice guy to be more macho. Women get over yourselves already! You are not perfect or that special to control a person's persona
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2008, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Whoville....
25,387 posts, read 32,094,239 times
Reputation: 14636
Depends on what we're in the mood for.

Dating: a macho guy. Marrying: a sensitive guy. Macho guys are fun to play with but, eventually, you have to throw them back.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2008, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,835 posts, read 81,498,328 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was wondering what women really think of sensitive guys. You hear about how women like men to show emotions etc etc
LOL, Chowhound, have you been under a rock? That's one of the core topics keeping this war zone alive! It's been chewed so many times in different versions and under different titles, it's not even funny.

Hate to say this, but artsy gave ya the essence. We want it all (those of us that care to admit it, that is). The problem is "all" is hardly ever found in the same type of person, which is the reason the qualities looked for in a lover and a husband are quite different (OK! for many - angels, please accept my apologies in advance). When you try to make a husband out of a lover is when disaster strikes. You tell me how often that happens based on the divorce rate...

OK, OK, just my 4 cents (inflation, ya know).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2008, 04:56 PM
 
25,163 posts, read 49,834,304 times
Reputation: 6981
so if I want a long term partner what should I look for? A less attractive man? A sensitive nerd? Where can I find one? tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
We want it all (those of us that care to admit it, that is). The problem is "all" is hardly ever found in the same type of person, which is the reason the qualities looked for in a lover and a husband are quite different (OK! for many - angels, please accept my apologies in advance). When you try to make a husband out of a lover is when disaster strikes. You tell me how often that happens based on the divorce rate...

OK, OK, just my 4 cents (inflation, ya know).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2008, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Southern California
15,085 posts, read 18,382,313 times
Reputation: 10315
The key is to keep 'em guessing!! Be a nice guy for a while then switch and be bad guy for a little bit. For example, call her regularly for a couple days to discuss a sad story and patiently listen to her voice her concern. Then don't call her for a couple of days. Then call her and when she asks why you don't answer your phone tell her you were going to answer but the Three Stooges were on...

Anyone can be a nice guy and bad guy at the same time!! Like this:

"Oh, look at the cute little puppy. He looks hungry. I wonder if I should give him a piece of my juicy T-bone steak?

Nah..."

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2008, 05:01 PM
 
522 posts, read 894,847 times
Reputation: 116
Sensative , not wussy
Kind, yet assertive
Never controlling nor abusive
Strong enough to say no..especially to another temptation..
Wise enough and mature enough to have his own perspective
Yet not try to make me adhere to that
Creative enough to appreciate my art
Yet having his own
Macho..hmmm.. never entered my mind
I prefer a man who isn't so into himself that he spends countless hours worrying about his existential existence but is more about what's on the inside.
Afterall ..that's what really matters ..isn't it?
In other words
the man doesn't exist..LOL (just kidding)

(Of course , I could re-phrase the question..what does a man prefer, a woman who is an attention craving scantily clad vixen or a gentile ultra feminine type..the thing is everyone is different..I know some women who think that macho guy out there is all that..especially if he also has money..myself , I am just so much more concerned that he be honest and decent and caring rather than all those other things.)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2008, 05:01 PM
 
25,163 posts, read 49,834,304 times
Reputation: 6981
I hope you are joking because I hate it when people do that to me. I'm like "forget that bozo" and sometimes I say it to the person's face. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
The key is to keep 'em guessing!! Be a nice guy for a while then switch and be bad guy for a little bit. For example, call her regularly for a couple days to discuss a sad story and patiently listen to her voice her concern. Then don't call her for a couple of days. Then call her and when she asks why you don't answer your phone tell her you were going to answer but the Three Stooges were on...

Anyone can be a nice guy and bad guy at the same time!! Like this:

"Oh, look at the cute little puppy. He looks hungry. I wonder if I should give him a piece of my juicy T-bone steak?

Nah..."

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2008, 05:04 PM
 
522 posts, read 894,847 times
Reputation: 116
Oh , and to Mr "keep em guessing"..the only one you are fooling is yourself!
A woman would love you for who you really are if you give her and yourself the chance..the right woman.
If anyone treated me like that I WOULD RUN!!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2008, 05:04 PM
 
25,163 posts, read 49,834,304 times
Reputation: 6981
no you are not "Just kidding" because I've been around TOWN and have yet to meet anybody like what was described on your list. Your list is great btw. good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen570 View Post
In other words
the man doesn't exist..LOL (just kidding)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top