Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:34 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times

Advertisements

Let's translate "loser" from women-speak into English.

"Loser" in woman-speak simply means a man who is smart enough to do things that are in HIS best interest.
  • You don't spend your hard-earned money on women - you are a loser
  • You expect regular sex - you are a loser
  • You are not interested in marriage - you are a loser
  • You don't want to be stuck with kids - you are a loser
  • You don't want to slave away 60 hours a week so a woman can buy a new SUV every year - you are a loser
  • You prefer South American women who treat you better - you are a HUUGE LOOOSER
In other words, he is an ideal husband.

What are you're thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 10:44 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post

"Loser" in woman-speak simply means a man who is smart enough to do things that are in HIS best interest.
  • You don't want to slave away 60 hours a week so a woman can buy a new SUV every year - you are a loser
  • You prefer South American women who treat you better - you are a HUUGE LOOOSER
I don't consider any of those things to make a man a loser. Among other things, I don't need to be married to my man to consider him my partner, I don't have kids, and I don't drive but even if I did I wouldn't want an SUV, nor would I want my partner to work 60 hours a week to fund my vehicular use. And, I hope my man expects regular sex.

To me, a loser would be a physically or emotionally abusive man, or a liar. Yeah, I was engaged to a loser once before.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:49 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times
It's called HUMOR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
I don't consider any of those things to make a man a loser. Among other things, I don't need to be married to my man to consider him my partner, I don't have kids, and I don't drive but even if I did I wouldn't want an SUV, nor would I want my partner to work 60 hours a week to fund my vehicular use.

To me, a loser would be a physically or emotionally abusive man, or a liar. Yeah, I was engaged to a loser once before.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:53 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,097 times
Here is my view of a loser:

1. A person who does not take care of themself, financially, hygenically etc.

2. A person who shows little or no interest in any person's well-being (including parents and such)

3. A person who is irresponsible and has children and fails to take care of them and fails to teach them right from wrong.

4. A person who claims to be in a monogamous, but runs around behind the other persons back. Or a person who claims to be interested in marriage, but really is not.

5. A person who feeds off of other people instead of carrying their own weight.

These can be either male or female. You don't have to be a guy to be a loser!

Old 06-26-2008, 10:54 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,097 times
Are you by any chance advocating South American women?!

Old 06-26-2008, 10:57 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,219 times
Quote:
It's called HUMOR!
Yeah, I got that. Relax. Just sayin'.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:01 AM

271 posts, read 1,061,036 times
Geez, guys, lighten up........it's just a joke........and btw, i am from south america, and did not take offense to this.......come on guys, where's your sense of humor.....geeeeezzzzz.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:04 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,523,276 times
Quote:

Um, no, none of those things make him an ideal husband. NOT EVEN CLOSE. But he'd be one I'd want to lose and feel no remorse about it.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:01 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,046,728 times
I know it's supposed to be humor, but I don't think it's that funny. I mean, I kind of chuckled at some of it 'cause truth is funnier than fiction, but that south american thing is un-funny to me

Old 06-27-2008, 05:03 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times
Quote:

No if a woman says he's a loser, he's a loser.

What you describe above is not "ideal husband" material at all, but someone who is selfish, self-absorbed, and wants a woman who will put up with whatever crap he dishes out. The "foreign woman" translates to someone who is so impoverished she will allow herself to be abused by the selfish man described in the OP

if we're translating how about this:
a loser is a man who blames women for his shortcomings, rather than improving his own character and behavior so he is capable of engaging in a respectful relationship. A loser is someone who is lazy and childish and selfish

What exactly is your definition of "someone who treats you better" hmmmm?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships