Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How did you meet your current significant other?
I met him/her through friends/family. 20 17.24%
I met him/her online. 32 27.59%
I met him/her at a bar/club. 14 12.07%
I met him/her at a mall/store. 1 0.86%
I met him/her another way (please describe). 37 31.90%
I have not met him/her yet. 12 10.34%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 05:48 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

God you two are certainly and inspiration...it gives us joy to read of such happiness...and I wish you both, all the love and success for a fulfilling life together. Your both so made for each other...it's going to be a wonderful life for you two...Congratulations!!!!

You two give so many hope!

big hugs,
Creme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 05:59 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
I'd count my blessings...but she takes up one whole hand...and I'm out of fingers on the other!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:00 AM

280 posts, read 1,221,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
that Shows The Dignity Of Those Rs Fans. Btw, The Yankees Won 10-0 Today And Joba C. Looked Pretty Damn Good.
this never lets me rep you? last time off the subject, Awesome 10-0, thats the way we like it!!!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:57 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I'd count my blessings...but she takes up one whole hand...and I'm out of fingers on the other!
LOL, and she's not even here yet! Better order some spares while you're waiting!

Have a nice trip, Rance! :-) Was gonna leave it in a rep, but no such luck.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:53 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
Rance, best wishes! Your story of how you and your fiancee met reminds me of how someone I know from my car club met his wife, also on the car club. They first met on the forum, of course. Then in real life during car meets. Then he proposed to her on a 1/4 mi. race track just before he was supposed to drag race her (at a legal race track). He said he was so nervous that after he proposed (in front of the whole crowd and he invited both families in the audience), he was shaking like crazy and had a terrible race. She totally killed him on the race, but losing the race was worth gaining a wife.

Good thing you're not racing - best wishes on your new life together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue64 View Post
this never lets me rep you? last time off the subject, Awesome 10-0, thats the way we like it!!!
That's OK, it's the thought that counts.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:23 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,448,185 times
Ah, but we met in college back in the Fall 1973.

He had returned from a tour of duty aboard the USS Kennedy, and I had only just graduated from HS that Spring. I was 18, he was 25, and my poor Mother didn't care for our dating one bit -- even in spite of my assuring her he was a wonderful fellow, polite, and not looking to take advantage of me.

His fraternity sponsored a cook-out, volleyball tournament, with other groups on campus, and the new students, the freshmen, were invited. I grabbed a plate, and went indoors to find a place to sit -- and there he was. Oh, my. Dark hair to his shoulders (his protest of having returned from the Service) and a thick mustache, full lips that I watched intently as he responded to my inquiry, "Anybody sitting here? Mind if I sit?" This was across a coffee table, and on the floor, when I so just wanted to plop into his lap.

We talked. Turned out we had a lot in common -- both loved the water, and water sports. He had a sailboat! Explained the nice tan. I don't think he ever got up from the couch, or I from across him at the coffee table the rest of the night. I left with my friends, and just could not stop talking about him.

About midweek, the phone rang, and it was a fellow asking me to a movie on Saturday night. I generally did not date anyone I didn't know, but when I said 'yes,' thinking sheesh, but I can be home by 9:00 p.m. if this turns out b-a-a-d, I was SO hoping it was this boy on the other end of the phone. . . I didn't recall his name.

I watched a cool car pull up in front of the house, dancing on my toes in an upstairs bedroom window when I realized it was him. I still dance on my toes when he comes in from work.

It happens. You just have to believe.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:11 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
^ Wow, that is amazing, RDSLOTS.

It's remarkable how you and others don't forget any of the details, even through all the years and decades.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,593 times
nn

Old 06-20-2009, 07:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,593 times
well i meet my beautiful boyfriend on this internet site called interpals. at that time i was learning the spanish language and needed some spanish friends to help me. and one day while i was browsing threw peoples pages..i noticed a man from turkey that lived in the states and clicked on his page. i then looked at his pictures and saw the many comments women left behind.. so i didnt comment on his looks.. i emailed him and said .."yahhhhhh turkey lol..." and thats how we started talking....i was surprise he even talked to me after i said all of that...and that was 8 months ago...and i didnt get a chance to meet him in person yet..but one day..

Old 06-20-2009, 09:45 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,136 times
Match.com and I never would have expected that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships