Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 10:27 PM

1,152 posts, read 3,200,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondesexlove View Post
haha taken! but who wouldnt? if it took no effort?
Hmm? Was this in response to my message?

Old 06-26-2008, 02:57 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
Default Young studs=sex addicts

I think any healthy young guy is potentially a "sex addict".
He just needs to "jack off" each and every day.
Girls/women are not as hot -well, there will always be the oddball, but it's a rarity-hence all the problems of misunderstanding in heterosexual couples, masculine overdrive, male suicide, male violence, rape, pedophilia, prostitution,surge in gay relationships,Internet sex criminality..
Post-feminism and its motto "just say NO" has not helped either, nor the increase of lesbian relationships.
What doesn't help either is that sex today is graphically depicted in X-rated movies, on the Net, in the media, giving the illusion to young studs that's it's just out there to grab, while of course the whole thing is not as simple.
I discovered recently that sex addicts can even go to self-help groups like AA, it says a lot to the desparate state of sexual misery we are in today in our so-called "enlightened , progressive" society....

Old 06-26-2008, 07:24 AM

169 posts, read 538,041 times
I appreciate everyones comments and thoughts on this so called "sex addict" I guess what I was getting at is a gf of mine just had her second child and has lost her sex drive which I hear happens alot after childbirth. She didn't lose it with her first but with her second. Her husband is not understanding that she just isn't in the mood as much. She works full time comes home and takes care of the family. I think in this case he is being selfish.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:18 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,380,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smckown View Post
I appreciate everyones comments and thoughts on this so called "sex addict" I guess what I was getting at is a gf of mine just had her second child and has lost her sex drive which I hear happens alot after childbirth. She didn't lose it with her first but with her second. Her husband is not understanding that she just isn't in the mood as much. She works full time comes home and takes care of the family. I think in this case he is being selfish.
I would suggest he takes on 50% of ALL the family chores OR he gets a second full-time job. Then he can realistically assess both their remaining energy levels. You don't give up sex, but you can't beat on your partner if she is exhausted from TWO jobs.

PS: Drawing her a bubble bath and giving her a foot massage might go a
long way to getting what he wants.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smckown View Post
Yeah. In this case, she doesn't want sex because she's probably utterly exhausted, plain and simple. I don't think he's a "sex addict" because he wants it and she doesn't, but he does need to understand WHY she doesn't. And really, he needs to realize the root of the problem. He's thinking "she doesn't want sex so I'm left unsatisfied." But rarely does a woman just suddenly go from liking sex to "not wanting it," children or not. He's failing to look below the surface at WHY she doesn't want sex - and that is exhaustion. She's simply overtaxed if she is working full time, as well as doing most of the stuff at home.

What they need to do is address this underlying problem. Whether its him doing more at home and/or hiring some help at home and/or someone cutting back their hours to spend more time at home, something will have to give to take the load off her. Sex is just the first symptom - if something doesn't give I would bet money that in time, OTHER aspects of their relationship will begin to suffer as well. Fix the underlying stress / overwork issue, and sex will come (no pun intended).

Old 06-26-2008, 12:50 PM

6 posts, read 10,779 times
I am reading all of this stuff and trying to decide if I am a sex addict. My wife left me and one of her claims was that I was addicted to sex. I never cheated on her or anything like that and if she wanted to say no I would not force her. I like to have sex every morning because it starts my day off right. Then sometimes during lunch but if she could not make it for lunch I would just beat it. Then before bedtime. Now my girlfriend thinks I am ok but I used to think I had a problem and she is starting to see it. Morning quickies are about 30 minutes. Both ladies claim that 30 minutes is quick. It also upsets my girlfriend and also my wife was also mad because I go, and only at night, 3 to 4 hours without a break.

Once again, I love to spank it once in a while but I want sex at least 15 times a week. I just want to be normal. No addictions as it has ended my marriage and I do not want future relationships to end. I love my girlfriend and I think I loved my wife. I NEVER CONSIDER CHEATING. So I do not think I am an addict.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:58 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeLover View Post
I am reading all of this stuff and trying to decide if I am a sex addict. My wife left me and one of her claims was that I was addicted to sex. I never cheated on her or anything like that and if she wanted to say no I would not force her. I like to have sex every morning because it starts my day off right. Then sometimes during lunch but if she could not make it for lunch I would just beat it. Then before bedtime. Now my girlfriend thinks I am ok but I used to think I had a problem and she is starting to see it. Morning quickies are about 30 minutes. Both ladies claim that 30 minutes is quick. It also upsets my girlfriend and also my wife was also mad because I go, and only at night, 3 to 4 hours without a break.

Once again, I love to spank it once in a while but I want sex at least 15 times a week. I just want to be normal. No addictions as it has ended my marriage and I do not want future relationships to end. I love my girlfriend and I think I loved my wife. I NEVER CONSIDER CHEATING. So I do not think I am an addict.
I can't tell you whether you're normal or not or what is normal, but I can say I don't want you any near me...

Oh, and I like sex. Imagine those who don't...

Old 06-26-2008, 01:17 PM

169 posts, read 538,041 times
Quote:

Ok...well...not sure....did you ever think that you had a problem since your wife did and now your gf? You said you never forced her too but did you give her any signs of being upset over it? I do believe that sex can and will ruin a relationship as you know. It sucks to think that "well yeah we're not together anymore because they wouldnt have enough sex" since you'd think thats what we are here to do but when you have so many other things going on in life, it can exhaust someone. Does your peepee hurt?

Old 06-26-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:

Borderline in my view. Clearly you love sex.. and that's cool. But 3 times a day is a lot. 3 times a day once in a while, great, but that can simply get to be a drain in terms of time and schedules! Its fine to enjoy having that much sex.. but what worries me a bit is it sounds like you need it. You say a quickie in the morning "starts your day off right." That makes it sound like you can't have a good day if you don't have a quickie in the morning. If that's the case, its a bit much. Its one thing to enjoy a quickie in the morning... but to NEED it on pain of having a bad day suggests a potential problem in my view. Ditto on the lunch thing. And even at night.. you should be able to get by without it on occasion. You shouldn't NEED it on every single night - for example, if your gf is sick, or had a horrible day and just wants to crash.

On the times... 30 minutes isn't that quick really. I assume in a quickie you don't have much foreplay, so if that's 30 minutes of actually having intercourse, that's not exactly short. And 3-4 hours is a marathon. I mean, most people only have 4 hours or so after work before they have to go to bed. Sex rocks, but most people want to do some other things, like relax on the couch and eat dinner, in addition to getting their rocks off. If you can't get off without 3-4 hours.. you may have an issue there too.

My suggestion.. try to dial it back a bit. Talk to your gf. Maybe force yourself to give up the nooners first, then the morning quickies. Those should be things that are spontaneous, not something that is an everyday requirement. You'll probably enjoy them more that way too. As for the nightlies, I don't see a problem with nightly sex being something that is normal. But don't obsess on it.. if something happens one night and it can't happen, deal with it . I honestly think you will enjoy sex more if you dial back the frequency a bit and make it less mechanical.

And so you know I'm there with you - I'm the kind of guy that if I was married, I Could easily fall into what you have.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:18 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,380,148 times
Quote:

Based upon the data you provided I would seriously consider changing your
forum name to "Fulltimelover".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships