Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 04:24 PM

170 posts, read 893,394 times

Advertisements

I've NEVER been attracted to some guy because of his car. I guess this means I'm not materialistic.

I have, however, been completely turned off some guys BECAUSE of their cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 05:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
Hehehe... no worries on that one. That's okay, I think I asked him if he wore a pinky ring.
Boy, you guys really got down to details! No wonder you actually work together!

I wonder what's gonna happen if my online knowledge somehow slips my tongue in real life... I swear I'll try not to do that! Or are ya gonna cancel on me now?

Old 06-26-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochick View Post
OK........yes, i love this car two........but seriously, i think it'll take more than an Acura to attract a "Gold Digger"...........but you will deffinately get some hotties looking your way. Now, if you we're talking about Cadilac, corvette, BMW.......then, yeah you might be attracting a few gold diggers.
I don't know much about cars. What in the would can be so special about an Acura anyway...?

Old 06-26-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
soooooo, one could argue that you are materialistic because you need a shiney new car, yet are being hypocritical because you don't want to attract people who are materialistic.
LOL, quite the paradox, isn't it?!

Old 06-26-2008, 05:38 PM

271 posts, read 1,061,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't know much about cars. What in the would can be so special about an Acura anyway...?

Nothing really, it's a nice car, but nothing special. However, around here it does seem to be the choice of car for the 20 somethings.

My man's Mustang did it for me.........i do like me fast cars.

I do think that guys like to show off in their cars........my 20yr old son has a nice Silverado truck, lowered and stuff and when he drives that truck you can just see the cockiness in him, and you can see all the girls gawking at him.

But lets face it, would you actually check a guy out that's driving say a Pinto?, do those even exist any more?, anyways, sorry but i wouldn't.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochick View Post
My man's Mustang did it for me.........i do like me fast cars.
LOL, a girl I know got a red Mustang convertible right after getting a divorce.

Quote:
But lets face it, would you actually check a guy out that's driving say a Pinto?, do those even exist any more?, anyways, sorry but i wouldn't.
Cars really don't matter to me much, but I did have a coworker driving Geo Metro and it suited his personality so much! Many years ago I had it as a cheap in-town rental while my car was in the shop and that was the most horrible thing ever! My kidneys still remember it. As a single gal, I like practical cars and drive a Camry (some consider it Grandma's car).

Speaking of cars, I still remember one rental in Germany. That thing looked like a toy! Considering the lack of speed limits on the autobans, an accident would mean instant death. Made my hairs rise...

Old 06-26-2008, 09:29 PM

280 posts, read 1,222,068 times
I couldn't tell you how a gold digger works, its not my style, but the only thing I can tell you is that you should always go with your gut & trust your first instinks, they will never steer you wrong....

Old 06-26-2008, 10:14 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Some signs she's a gold digger???

She is a platinum card carrying member of Anna Nicole's fan club.

She wants to name your first born Heather Mills.

She tells your friends "My money is my money, and his money is my money too".

Before the appetizers arrive, she is asking to see your tax returns from the past 5 years.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:45 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Someoen has to be a complete ditz if they judge someone over the car they drive.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
She tells your friends "My money is my money, and his money is my money too".
That's a gold digger?! And I always thought this was a woman... or at least an only-child woman... The things you learn online in your ol' age... Guess jimboburnsy is at least safe from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships