Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 01:35 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdayskids View Post
To answer the OP, you're normal, EVERYONE male and female has those thoughts,
Excuse me??? Oh HELL no they don't.

Not in a million years would I ever want to have relations with another woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 01:56 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,117 times
I don't think EVERYONE has these thoughts, just more than people would guess.

My best friend (who is bi) came onto me once. I wasn't shocked, I had a feeling she felt that way. But if I were to explore that side of my sexuality, it wouldn't be with someone I care about. That would be trouble. I have honestly never been attracted to another woman, but I have fantasized about it before. Does that make any sense at all???

Old 12-31-2008, 02:57 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
I've got no interest in men, but I've seen some pretty cute sheep.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:04 PM

28 posts, read 99,966 times
Somehow, society accepts sexual fluidity, or openness, in women more readily than in men. Many men, for example, would probably not be turned off by the idea (idea here, not reality) of his wife with a woman, but most women could not fathom their husband with some dude. In fact, that could get the ball rolling on a divorce for sure. There is no way in hell I would stay with my husband if I knew he was curious about being with a man. Most men (friends) I've known who are "curious" about men have typically turned out purely gay, or exclusively dating or being with the same sex. Most women I've known who expressed any curiosity ended up living vanilla heterosexual lives, with husbands, kids, homes, the white picket fence and the whole shebang.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:01 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
PLEASE do your wife a favor and leave her first.

If I was married and my husband did that too me, I would cut his heart out and make him eat it.
Thank you dear. The OP could be my husband. We will be divorced ASAP b/c he can't do it with me anymore and told me it's b/c he likes men better, and the first thing I will do is go get tested for STD's--even before I hire a lawyer. He told me he has never acted on this impulse but somehow I just don't believe him. I am not homophobic at all, but you can't believe how creepy this whole thing makes me feel. All this time I thought it was b/c I was overweight and going on 50 and it turns out that there's not a thing I could do about this. Am I angry? Not really, but I will be if I find out for sure that he has been around--we are what we are, and I love my kids that I had with him.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdayskids View Post
The closed mindedness of this topic pisses me off.

The guy simply asked if he's weird because he had a thought about a same-sex encounter and you people go ****ing crazy calling him bi/gay and saying that he needs counseling?

Ugh.

To answer the OP, you're normal, EVERYONE male and female has those thoughts, if it doesn't pass and you act on something then you need counseling if your wife isn't OK with it. If she IS OK with it, then you're fine.
Speak for yourself. Not everyone has those thoughts. I have never found men sexually attractive, and I am not looking to change that. If you are a man and do find men attractive, that's your business. If you want to indulge that, that's your business. If you're married to a woman, that's another thing altogether. You shouldn't be getting involved in homosexual activity if you've got a wife. If you're considering it and want to do it, don't stay married to her.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:10 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,318 times
Well someone had to win "stupidest question for 2008".

And here I thought it was gonna be a close call.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It's always struck me as odd...

So many men are completely grossed out by the idea of having sex with a man.

But they don't understand why a lesbian would be grossed out by the idea of having sex with a man.

You think men would understand better than anyone. If it's gross to you, why is it such a stretch to imagine it's gross to someone else? Are they just not supposed to be grossed out b/c they are women? Sometimes things are just gross.
Because they think that a woman should not be grossed out by this, and lesbians are women. That's pretty simple. Now, I understand that not every woman is heterosexual, just like not every man is. But that's the simple answer to your post.........

Old 12-31-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Well someone had to win "stupidest question for 2008".

And here I thought it was gonna be a close call.
We've got a few hours left...........

Old 12-31-2008, 04:22 PM

464 posts, read 1,360,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartyfan3 View Post
I'm happily married for 25 years, great wife, kids, job. But, I've always entertained the thought of a physical encounter with another guy. Anyone else? Or, am I just that odd?
People are so ignorant....I meet PLENTY of guys who have wives and are bi. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships