Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 02:02 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Men. Especially shy ugly men. Doesn't matter if you have a heart of gold and you're active in your community and have a lot of other things going for you. You won't approach because you're shy and women won't approach you because they don't have to approach, and they won't know who you are and what you do because they won't even talk to you because of how you look.

Ugly, horrible women can marry and have a family. This isn't even a contest here.
I agree 100%. I see a lot of hideous women pushing baby carriages. Ugly dudes are typically by themselves.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:23 AM

641 posts, read 405,470 times
It's applied differently.

For 'ugly' women read shy men because a physically unattractive man can get girls if he's either rich, famous, charismatic, confident. The difference between ugly women and shy men is an ugly woman can go to any bar and get hit on all night, or at least several times. An ugly woman can set up an OLD profile and have loads of messages from guys. The shy guy will struggle to get anything.

Unattractive shy man has it worse than near enough all women in the mating world. Unattractive women will still get approached and offers.

Old 06-19-2016, 01:08 PM

710 posts, read 584,311 times
A man. I've seen more unattractive women get male attention than the other way around.

Old 06-19-2016, 01:30 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,203,785 times
I honestly hate to see women with good personality shamed for their looks. A few months back, I felt so bad I bought her some dessert. Feels real good when you help people who deserve better. But I'll just help, I'm not yet ready for a relationship.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:32 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,863,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Go to anyone's family gathering, anywhere and unless it's the Kennedy-Shrivers you'll see about 10 fat, hairy men who think their farts are hilarious.
Yes! hahaha with hideous hideous women trolls pushing baby carriages full of gurgling swamp children due to being overly inseminated! Farting it up and getting their ugly all over the place.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:44 PM

579 posts, read 555,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
It's applied differently.

For 'ugly' women read shy men because a physically unattractive man can get girls if he's either rich, famous, charismatic, confident. The difference between ugly women and shy men is an ugly woman can go to any bar and get hit on all night, or at least several times. An ugly woman can set up an OLD profile and have loads of messages from guys. The shy guy will struggle to get anything.

Unattractive shy man has it worse than near enough all women in the mating world. Unattractive women will still get approached and offers.
Unattractive women don't really get approached much though. I've been on both sides of the fence. Overweight for a few years and had pretty friends who weren't. I barely ever got approached..guys always talked to my friends. I do remember one time though this guy zeroed in on me when I was overweight.. I think he had a chubby fetish.. That's not the norm though, lol. He definitely could've been with a thinner girl. I also gain weight in the face so that didn't help! I lost the weight and guys started calling me hot..got a lot more attention.. It was odd going from hardly any to a lot.

Old 06-19-2016, 05:01 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,648,334 times
I think it's harder for an ugly woman than a man. Women are judged more harshly by society on their looks. Men are given more of a pass in the looks department, not as much, but a bit more.

Old 06-19-2016, 06:22 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,892 times
Several points, based on all the posts so far:

As far as what defines an "unattractive" woman, everyone's opinion is different - i.e., beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I don't find extremely thin, horse-faced women attractive - i.e., the actress Sarah Jessica Parker. I have had opportunities with them in the past, but have turned them down because they don't turn me on. However, obviously other guys like this "look".

It's also false to state that overweight/obese women can't get dates (or at least sex). I myself go after larger women pretty exclusively - and, I'm always seeing couples in which the guy is thin & the woman is large. In fact, this is become more common-place in the past several years. In these cases, I figure the guy likes bigger women.

However, it's much rarer to see fat, sloppy guys with hot women. When I see couples like this, I figure the guy is probably loaded.

It goes both ways, however. I personally know of a couple in which the guy is a lazy bum, broke, and can't keep down a job. He hooked up with an unattractive woman with a terrible personality - but she happened to have a great job & a lot of $.

So, to answer the OP....it depends.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 06-19-2016 at 06:49 PM..

Old 06-19-2016, 09:05 PM

44,351 posts, read 20,053,982 times
This 6-year-old thread should never have been revived. Read the CDR forum rules in the Sticky thread and stop making gross generalizations about entire demographics. This thread is unsalvageable and is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships