Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:26 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times

Advertisements

I think I'll get this instead of the neck rings. Should make me extremely popular (other than on forums that is) - considering I won't be able to talk...

http://www.africanconservancy.org/im...surmadisk1.gif
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 04:47 PM

308 posts, read 1,617,109 times
Never thought about them much until the past year. I asked someone to remove their earring/disc, so I could attach an electrode to their earlobe. The person had been previously instructed that an electrode would be placed in this particular location, and said absolutely nothing. Got around to the earlobe electrode and . . . WTF?! There's no earlobe for me to place an electrode! :\

Old 07-03-2008, 11:53 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,966,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What do you guys think about those earlobe stretcher ring thingys. This employee at the grocery store has one and it's getting pretty big.
I can't look at them, they turn my stomach. Why would anyone want to stretch their earlobes out? Imagine what they'll look like when they get older and want to take them out and their earlobes dangle down to their stomach...

Old 07-03-2008, 01:30 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,530,712 times
I saw a guy at the grocery store with what looked like a bottle cap in his earlobe. Is this supposed to be attractive?

What do they do as they grow older and skin becomes less and less elastic? Just let the hole flap? Or do they have to keep putting bigger and bigger plugs in the hole?

I'm sorry, this is just weird.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:35 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,445,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I saw a guy at the grocery store with what looked like a bottle cap in his earlobe. Is this supposed to be attractive?

What do they do as they grow older and skin becomes less and less elastic? Just let the hole flap? Or do they have to keep putting bigger and bigger plugs in the hole?

I'm sorry, this is just weird.
Yep, you probably saw the same guy as the OP. Evidently this earlobe stretching employee is quite famous. No one knows what's going to happen to him when he grows up.

He'll probably have funny loops that he can tie twist ties to or something.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:01 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,633 times
Earlobe stretching (and other body part modifications) go way back to primitive times. It doesn't bother me at all. Granted, many people who participate in body modification are not doing so for primitive spiritual reasons, but to each his/her own. Who am I to judge? Those who decorate their bodies in a more "socially acceptable" manner may look ridiculous to the people that they find ridiculous. It's all in your perspective.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:13 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,530,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Yep, you probably saw the same guy as the OP. Evidently this earlobe stretching employee is quite famous. No one knows what's going to happen to him when he grows up.

He'll probably have funny loops that he can tie twist ties to or something.
Maybe he can braid them It's going to be weird seeing tattooed, pierced and loopy senior citizens in 50 years.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:37 AM

52,232 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
Earlobe stretching (and other body part modifications) go way back to primitive times. It doesn't bother me at all. Granted, many people who participate in body modification are not doing so for primitive spiritual reasons, but to each his/her own. Who am I to judge? Those who decorate their bodies in a more "socially acceptable" manner may look ridiculous to the people that they find ridiculous. It's all in your perspective.
People can do whatever they want. I'm not passing any kind of moral judgments. I just think at some practical level you have to make decisions. I'm like how are you going to have a job with flappy hanging earlobes??

Old 07-05-2008, 07:18 PM

45 posts, read 300,792 times
It does look bad without the ear plug. My husband has one and I don't likw it whenever he takes it out ..:P

Old 07-06-2008, 09:20 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,161,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
People can do whatever they want. I'm not passing any kind of moral judgments. I just think at some practical level you have to make decisions. I'm like how are you going to have a job with flappy hanging earlobes??
How about this George Carlin quote?
Quote:
If you ever hope to be a credible adult and want a job that pays better than minimum wage, then for God's sake don't pierce or tattoo every available piece of flesh. If so, then plan your future around saying" Do you want fries with that?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships