Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 11:49 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,099,050 times

Advertisements

Body or Face, which is more important?

EYES -- EYES -- EYES.
Everything he is, is in his eyes.

After eyes comes what he says -- his mind and his heart.
The rest are just details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 11:37 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,918,773 times
Does the neck count as part of the body or face?

Old 07-07-2008, 11:49 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
I would have to say that body is more important. A pretty face is nice but nothing gets me going like a woman with a great body. I guess I just love being active and care about my health and fitness level so its natural that I find myself attracted to women who are similar. Of course you can take a woman with a pretty face and terrible body and "fix" her body but I dont look at woman as "projects".

Anyone see the Track and Field Olympic trials? The women who run the races between 100 meters and 1500 meters have outstanding bodies.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:30 AM

42 posts, read 104,241 times
men are... sigh. So superficial. but i gotta admit that us girls also look at the guys outer facade first. But we're more receptive to the underlying beauty and personality once the greek god speaks.

handsome men sometimes have no brains. Hit the head and you hear a hollow 'gong' sound...

Old 08-10-2008, 11:06 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
Face...all the way. Before body. You notice the face. That's what you interact with. You can also change your body through exercise more so than your face.

Some guys talk about "yeah, man, what a hot body she's got" but then the face is rough. Case in point: Jaime Lee Curtis has the "hot body" but a butch face that's hard to look at.

Now, a pretty face can't have a hefty caboose or a football player's legs as part of the package. That wouldn't work.

About the post immediately above, women are extremely superficial, too - oh, he's not tall enough - oh, he's this - oh, he's that....come on, women do the "slice and dice" as well.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:19 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpis View Post
men are... sigh. So superficial. but i gotta admit that us girls also look at the guys outer facade first. But we're more receptive to the underlying beauty and personality once the greek god speaks.

handsome men sometimes have no brains. Hit the head and you hear a hollow 'gong' sound...
The problem is, you ignore a person's "underlying beauty and personality" if a guy doesn't look perfect on the outside. A lot of women can't accept what amount to minor flaws or just immaterial differences, and I've heard some whoppers.
  • Arms not big enough. Come on now. If I can bench 200, who cares that my arms aren't tree trunks?
  • No butt. First of all, men aren't supposed to have butts. Some cushioning is okay, but it shouldn't be shaped like a female's. That's inappropriate.
  • Legs not big enough. Again, I can leg press 350 and probably outrun you, so why does it matter that my legs aren't massive?
  • Hair too long/short. This is a stupid reason not to get to know someone. Don't get me wrong; if a female is literally bald, I can't go there, or if her hair is naturally long and she cuts it because she's too lazy to maintain it, no. But that's more about her attitude than the hair itself. Besides, it's okay for most men to be bald; IMO, women were not meant to cut their hair that deep.
  • No visible abs. I don't have a beer belly, so what's the problem here?
  • Skin too smooth (It's happened). This is just ridiculous.
Etc and so forth. Too many women looking for the so-called "Greek god" and don't stop to understand that normal men aren't like that. Stop letting Fabio guide your way to a real man.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:54 AM

42 posts, read 104,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Face...all the way. Before body. You notice the face. That's what you interact with. You can also change your body through exercise more so than your face.

Some guys talk about "yeah, man, what a hot body she's got" but then the face is rough. Case in point: Jaime Lee Curtis has the "hot body" but a butch face that's hard to look at.

Now, a pretty face can't have a hefty caboose or a football player's legs as part of the package. That wouldn't work.

About the post immediately above, women are extremely superficial, too - oh, he's not tall enough - oh, he's this - oh, he's that....come on, women do the "slice and dice" as well.
I think im of those rare few that dont really look skin deep then. Coz my last relationship was with someone not remotely handsome at all. I even had people telling me to wake up and actually LOOK.

Of course i'd be lying if i say i don notice the looks first. But i dont allow looks to dissuade me from talking to the persn and getting to know him more.

I dont think men do this. They simply see the woman and make up their minds about her and move on. I have never, not once, come across a guy who does otherwise.

And I do not go for biceps... nor do i go fr thighs... i may like a nice butt, but that's just coz i dance latin alot, and i tend to notice butts.

And yes yes yes.... fine, you can definitely outrun me, outbenchpress me and out-watever me. Don't need to remind me about that..

Old 08-10-2008, 12:10 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,693 times
The body is what counts. It must be slim, attractive, and in good shape.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:40 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
Face. A guy can always improve on his body or lose weight.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:43 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,162,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I would have to say that body is more important. A pretty face is nice but nothing gets me going like a woman with a great body. I guess I just love being active and care about my health and fitness level so its natural that I find myself attracted to women who are similar. Of course you can take a woman with a pretty face and terrible body and "fix" her body but I dont look at woman as "projects".

Anyone see the Track and Field Olympic trials? The women who run the races between 100 meters and 1500 meters have outstanding bodies.
I think this is what they call a "butterface" as in....everything's all good but her face...

IMO....I offer the whole pckg so I expect the whole pckg...... Although, sweet guys do tend to hold onto my interests.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships