Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you greet and chat with your spouse when they come home from work?
No, I do not see that this is necessary 0 0%
Only if I have something to tell him/her 1 2.44%
YES! It would be cold and rude to not greet and chat with my wife/husband when they come home 40 97.56%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:11 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,011,177 times

Advertisements

I personally think that's very rude. My husband & I (including our kids) never leave or enter our home without a goodbye (plus kiss & hug) or a hello (plus kiss and hug). We even say to one another "I love you" every single day. But I guess different strokes for different folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 07:57 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,243 times
That's odd behavior IMO. But if the two of them are happy with it, then so be it.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:30 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,732,276 times
Oh, I can't imagine coming home from work without a hug and a kiss from my husband. Everytime we hug & kiss after we're home from work, I could feel the tension from a day's work flowing out of us and the relief we feel to be with each other again. When I traveled for work in the past, my husband told me how he hated coming home to an empty house without me waiting for him in the evening.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:04 PM

1 posts, read 658 times
Haha! My husband has pushed me away for 8 yrs if I try to greet him when either he or I comes in the door, so I don't even bother anymore. I'm still in the relationship for my kids. I just ignore that part of my life as best I can, and be happy with all of the wonderful good things I have which are my kids, job, health, food, house, etc.!!! Be happy!!! Life is too short! I didn't know my husband was like this before marriage...at this point it isn't a deal breaker because of my kids. He is a good dad to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships