Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:07 PM

123 posts, read 351,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Socrates...I'm impressed.
lol. Why, glad you noticed!

Anyway, yup time for all of us to move on. Next thread pls!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:24 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,357,378 times
Ever watch How I Met Your Mother? Reminds me of the Barney character. Of course it could just be that he's really not interested after learning more.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
As antiquated as this may seem, there is so much lost in the fast physical relationships, or "hook ups". The anticipation, the courting, the ROMANCE of it all is lost when it is so easy!
Depends on one's needs at a particular time. Not every encounter is supposed to result in a marriage license.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:52 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, well... so be it... Still better to have some excitement once in a while considering how many people quietly hate each other under the same roof permanently. I don't regret it. What I do regret is that it happened at a very vulnerable time in my life and mostly that it was long-distance. Had it been in town, it would've died its natural death... I had no real desire or need to get married. And, yes, the contract does complicate things way more than living together even if there are no children involved, which is the reason many don't want to sign it. At least I had the good sense not to move. Quitting jobs and uprooting yourself brings about the most scary horror stories.
very realistic and sensible post...
I agree!

Old 07-02-2008, 08:17 AM

874 posts, read 3,675,699 times
I just wanted to thank everyone for your input and insight. I guess when you havent been in the dating scene for a long time and have a friend that you love dearly and want to be supportive at all costs...you tend to forget a few simple things.

Such as..you never go and meet someone for the first time hundreds of miles away and just show up at their door step. And ofcourse..SEX SHOULD NEVER BE A THOUGHT the first time around.

There was some good advice given on this thread..harsh but realistic. I just needed some perspective on this situation as I'm pretty embarassed to tell anyone from my family about this crazy ordeal.

The truth is..she moved on from this situation..as far as not trying to get answers from this guy..but talk about ego break!! Its about clarity..but sometimes things like this are better left with a question mark and a "one to grow on lesson". I just needed to understand the mind of a man in this scenario. I personally have never been in this perdicament and can bet on my life I never will!

Despite her bad decision..my friend truly is an amazing woman and I really hope she does find someone that'll treat her like the gem she is! I just moved to Orlando..so I dont have a huge circle of friends nor family..left them all in Jersey..but maybe someday I can hook her up so she can finally settle down.

Thanks again..and yes, its time to move on to the next thread!

Old 07-02-2008, 08:46 AM

[quote=20yrsinBranson;4301238]

Your friend sounds like a very nice person, but frankly, I think she has way too high opinion of herself. First of all, she's all concerned about "not wanting to settle" for less than she thinks she deserves, and secondly, she thinks that everybody should find her as brilliant and attractive and desirable as she does.

This is my opinion of her..I never mentioned in my post that she thinks highly of herself or the above mentioned.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:49 AM

[quote=Jefetio;4302438]

From there, all we can do here is speculate. How the F are we supposed to know what this guy is thinking?

Lol..calm down..Obviously I have no idea what the guy was thinking..and yes, we can all speculate. This post was to gather opinions of a male perspective or other folk's experience. Thanks for your input.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:01 AM

13,783 posts, read 26,220,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Depends on one's needs at a particular time. Not every encounter is supposed to result in a marriage license.
I suppose you are right. There are times I look at my posts and realize I have been out of the "scene" for a long time and maybe I should just be the old girl on the block and watch.
I'll tell you what, the whole idea of dating these days makes my head spin!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:06 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,596,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I suppose you are right. There are times I look at my posts and realize I have been out of the "scene" for a long time and maybe I should just be the old girl on the block and watch.
On a related idea......do you know if anyone has ever posted a thread here about how old people are?
It might be interesting to crown the King and Queen of OldAsDirtLand...

Old 07-02-2008, 09:12 AM

13,783 posts, read 26,220,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
On a related idea......do you know if anyone has ever posted a thread here about how old people are?
It might be interesting to crown the King and Queen of OldAsDirtLand...
I have never seen the King and Queen of Dirtville thread...you may be on to something!

I am not the oldest but do you think I could still be considered to sit on the court?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.