Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 02:36 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,975,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I read the comments directed at Tony and I was shocked at some of the comments the parents left said they though people who never want kids and want to get sterilized are selfish and lonely, and kids are a blessing.
I see absolutely NOTHING selfish about not wanting kids, and a child-free person isn't necessarily lonely. Depends on how they manage their lives. Finally, kids are a blessing to those who want them (and to those who learn to love them, even if they were unplanned.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 03:26 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,007,649 times
LOL!! Maybe I am, or maybe I'm not. But I'll never tell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I don't think she is...

That's why I mentioned mental grocery lists - at least you keep up SOME appearance of interest...

Old 07-05-2008, 03:47 PM

Well, the best way to find out what a woman wants or doesn't want is to ASK HER!! (or at least try it out ) If she is moaning, breathing harder, arching her back, and not telling you to stop, then she LIKES IT!! Now, if she is dry as a bone or you hear her say "ouch", then change tactics immediately! LOL! Of course there are other signals. But we need to keep this thread PG-13.

I personally have found that an experienced man has already gone through this with previous partners. If he has found different things that worked for different partners, he can experiment on his current partner.

UOTE=k374;4332437]I don't understand the whole sexual experience thing anyway... in my experience at least I've found that women are so different in the things they like and don't like, it's a highly individual thing. One thing that thrills one woman is an absolute turn off to another, you have to learn on the fly how to please your partner...so how does experience with previous partners help in that regard?[/quote]

Old 07-05-2008, 04:07 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,354,550 times
i take offense to that remark about childfree women. i am 43 years old and have been married a few times to men who also did not want children.
i CHOSE to not have children. i am not the "mommy" type. i simply lack maternal instincts. to be frank, i wouldn't have the patience for raising a child. i have little tolerance for toddlers and their tantrums, and all the other challenges of bringing up a child. i consider myself SMART to have made the choice not to have a child. if i had done so, just because of fear of being ostracized, the child would have grown up in a very unhappy home. think about all the irresponsible women who dont practice birth control and have unplanned pregnancies and become negligent in the care of their children, or abusive, or unable to financially provide for the child? so just because they have children, that makes them "good" versus women like me without children, "no good"
so according to your dad, being childfree makes me "no good"? hmmm i wonder if he will think i am "no good" when i save his life when he comes into my ER with a heart attack or victim of some trauma????? huh?
your dad sounds IGNORANT. you can tell him i said so.

Quote:
Me and my dad was talking at a restaurant today about women and relationships, and he was saying girls would only want a guy if he had sexual experience. Does anyone believe this? I don't have experience because I don't do the "sex outside marriage" routine. He thinks I don't like sex, but I do. I just don't want to do the sex outside marriage thing.

Also, I told my dad that I was never going to have kids, then he said no woman would stay with me very long because I don't want them. He says women who are childfree are no good and are male users. This is why I'm the way I am right now, distrustful and suspicious.Then he says I'm too young and I'll change my mind, that statement which is very annoying, very annoying.

Do girls really like guys who have sexual experience?The childfree of the younger generation, are we really doomed to be single forever? And are childfree women really no good, as my dad stated?

Old 07-05-2008, 04:12 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,596,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
If she is moaning, breathing harder, arching her back, and not telling you to stop, then she LIKES IT!!
That happened to me just the other night.

Of course, I was giving the poor woman CPR but hey, I'll take any victory, no matter how small...

Old 07-05-2008, 05:55 PM

LOL!!!! Well, if you were giving her cpr, she certainly wasn't breathing hard. But I am sure you were!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
That happened to me just the other night.

Of course, I was giving the poor woman CPR but hey, I'll take any victory, no matter how small...

Old 07-05-2008, 06:04 PM

Well, of course you have every right NOT to want children. You certainly don't need to explain or justify your decisions to anyone. After all, it is YOUR life. You live the way YOU want it to be. So calm down, and g-d bless you for working in the ER!! It takes a hell of a person to handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
i take offense to that remark about childfree women. i am 43 years old and have been married a few times to men who also did not want children.
i CHOSE to not have children. i am not the "mommy" type. i simply lack maternal instincts. to be frank, i wouldn't have the patience for raising a child. i have little tolerance for toddlers and their tantrums, and all the other challenges of bringing up a child. i consider myself SMART to have made the choice not to have a child. if i had done so, just because of fear of being ostracized, the child would have grown up in a very unhappy home. think about all the irresponsible women who dont practice birth control and have unplanned pregnancies and become negligent in the care of their children, or abusive, or unable to financially provide for the child? so just because they have children, that makes them "good" versus women like me without children, "no good"
so according to your dad, being childfree makes me "no good"? hmmm i wonder if he will think i am "no good" when i save his life when he comes into my ER with a heart attack or victim of some trauma????? huh?
your dad sounds IGNORANT. you can tell him i said so.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:05 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,006,807 times
Quote:
Also, I told my dad that I was never going to have kids, then he said no woman would stay with me very long because I don't want them. He says women who are childfree are no good and are male users. This is why I'm the way I am right now, distrustful and suspicious.Then he says I'm too young and I'll change my mind, that statement which is very annoying, very annoying.
I think its the otherway around in some respect... Woman who are single and getting knocked up by a different guy every time with a house full of rug rats... you have to start to wonder if she isn't using HIM for that child support check. Those are among the "my baby's daddy" crowd.

Not every woman wants children. (my sister and I are in that group). The good woman understand that not every guy is professional. (and half the relationship "fun" is learning to improve things as you go). And yes, you just might be on the band wagon of changing your mind, though process, or decision making later on....... I am NOT the same person at 27 as I was at 20... and I most certainly will not be who I am now 10 years from now! It is human to change, evolve, grow and mature how we act, think, believe and enjoy. What I think I want to see in a guy, which my opinion is a little experience never hurt anything, is not what works for every gal.

My thought is... stick to what you "feel" is right - not what others tell you is right. Not any single person, man or woman, has ALL the answers, so the best you can do for yourself is what you feel you should be doing.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:52 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,002,420 times
Don't listen to your dad, he doesn't know what you want or what's best for you. Honestly he sounds a tad, bitter.
But anyways, there's a reason your parents can't make decisions for you at a certain age.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:17 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,649,754 times
The guys with less experience are the best. You get to teach them what you like and they will be the ones who will please you the most. The guys with more experience tend to act like they know what they are doing end up not pleasing you as much as the eager new learner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships