Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:43 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
So you've adopted. You still have to pay for child support and all that?

Do you mean if my hubby and I split up? Yes, of course. They're the same as any biological children. We adopted them when we were a couple. If he wasn't amenable to adopting (or vice versa,) we would not have been able to adopt. Both members of a couple have to agree that adopting is what they want to do. Adopting is so complicated, you couldn't go through an entire adoption without being totally certain this is what you wanted to do. It's not like getting pregnant by mistake. You can't adopt by mistake. (Not that a child who is conceived by mistake wouldn't be loved, of course!!!)

I do understand how you feel with the 'this was a waste of a marriage' (though at first I was taken aback by how you wrote that.) To be honest, that IS how I felt when hubby #1 changed his mind about having kids and decided he didn't want to. However, with me, I was exceedingly mad because he strung me along during the last of my fertile years, only to decide he didn't want kids. That is cruel. However, I can forgive him now because I've got my two wonderful girls that I never would have adopted if things had been different. If we had been a solid couple with NO other issues, maybe I would have learned to live childless, but there were many other issues.
Maybe when I'm in my 30's, I'll find a woman who's confident in herself and knows exactly what she wants. And if not, have no problem with single and a virgin as long as a live.

And I hope the haters on here aren't going to post anything negative after this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 12:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
And I hope the haters on here aren't going to post anything negative after this post.
Projection is a form of defense in which unwanted feelings are displaced onto another person, where they then appear as a threat from the external world. A common form of projection occurs when an individual, threatened by his own angry feelings, accuses another of harbouring hostile thoughts.

projection (psychology) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

Old 07-07-2008, 02:26 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
Quote:
Maybe when I'm in my 30's, I'll find a woman who's confident in herself and knows exactly what she wants. And if not, have no problem with single and a virgin as long as a live.

You just need to find a women who has experience with others or herself and she knows exactly where to touch to make her feel the best, she will be MORE then willing to share the information. Especially if you can make her eyes roll back in her head.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
You just need to find a women who has experience with others or herself and she knows exactly where to touch to make her feel the best, she will be MORE then willing to share the information. Especially if you can make her eyes roll back in her head.
Maybe with herself, but not with others. If she was having "experience" with a whole lot of other guys, it would make me suspect that she's going to have a negative impact on me. I don't go down like that.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Maybe with herself, but not with others. If she was having "experience" with a whole lot of other guys, it would make me suspect that she's going to have a negative impact on me. I don't go down like that.
Many women please themselves because we know how to get the job done.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:47 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
You remind me of something I just read in a magazine on my lunch break - a guy was saying he had a lesbian friend in college and once she gave him a 3-hour seminar on how things get done and all his girlfriends afterwards thanked her profusely.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
People having with themselves, I think that would be best.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You remind me of something I just read in a magazine on my lunch break - a guy was saying he had a lesbian friend in college and once she gave him a 3-hour seminar on how things get done and all his girlfriends afterwards thanked her profusely.
I tought my ex the perfect o**l technique and he told me that his girlfriends after me wanted to know where he learned how to do that. He has thanked me several times. We broke up on good terms, so it was actually funny when I met his girlfriend and he blurted out that I was the one who tought him.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:33 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
I must be in the minority

I much prefer the men with alot of experience.

When I was in my mid-20s it was "cute" to "teach" my boyfriends, it was enpowering! But as I aged I found the guys with alot of experience were more confident and knew what to do and had tricks of their own, and that was much more satisfying.

I prefer a man with expereince - I'm done with the "green peas"

(My husband has had a bunch and it doesn't bother me in the least)
I totally agree with you

Old 07-08-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a good woman, compared to the opposite who had experience with others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships