Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 02:06 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
To those that consider me a friend, I apologize that I must take some time off this forum. The way the threads turn to male-bashing so often, the fact that personal attacks were allowed (not to sit in a thread for hours but for days), the way that posters attack each other (and I allowed myself to be drawn into this pattern.. for which I apologize) is all so wrong to me.

Most of us try to give good advice, and when your need to give the best advice prohibits you from even listening to the OP, I think more people than me need to take a step back and evaluate themselves first.

For those that thought (think) I'm a moron, I'm sure you'll be glad by this announcement. The sad thing is as happy as you are shows just how sad you are as an individual. Hope others beside me take some time to reflect on what they say.

For the women on here that seem to like to turn everything into a one-sided story (when a woman brings up a problem you fault the man, when the man brings up a problem, you say you don't have the "whole" story), you need to think about the way you feel you're treated as a woman and treat the guys the same way.

Whether you liked me or not, agreed with me or not, are happy I'm taking a break or not.. I wish you all the best. Be safe this holiday weekend, and take care of yourselves (and each other). Good luck to you all.

Rath
I blame Oprah and the Lifetime channel for convincing a lot of people wee wee's bad, vag's good. But I also blame Mort, Jerry and Morry for helping cement the idea!

Old 07-05-2008, 07:18 PM

571 posts, read 1,303,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, all right, now I've just about had it.

"Man bashing, man bashing, stomp stomp stomp..." PLEASE. Yes, there's some of that. Often in response to the dozens and dozens of threads such as: "Ugh, I'd never date a fat woman. Here's what my woman must look like: This particular celebrity!", "Hey! Look at this picture of this ugly woman! Ha ha ha!" "Hey! Look at this picture of this sickening fat chick! Doesn't she make you want to throw up?" "How can I tell whether a woman is a gold-digging POS?" "How can I tell whether a woman is a liar, like most women?" "What do you like best about a woman? Her boobs? Or her butt? Exactly how big should each be? How small? What are your absolute limits on the exact body parts of the prospective female?" "How old is too old in a woman? 25?" "Isn't it okay for a 45-year-old man to date an 18-year-old girl? I mean I know it would be gross the other way around..." "Eew! Aren't white women ugly when they get old?" "How do I get my lazy POS stupid wife to get off her *ss and work harder around the house?" "Oh, you only responded that way because you have your period." "I wish I could be married to ten women, so one could clip my toenails while the other one serviced my other parts." "How come all women are sluts?" "How come not enough women put out early in the relationship? They must be playing games." "How can you tell that a woman isn't just trying to trap you...since that's what basically all of them do?" "Aren't women so overemotional? So spendthrif? So unreasonable? So lazy? So demanding?" "Hey, here's how to psyche out all those money-grubbing women. Show up for your first date in a POS car that's leaking oil and misfiring and take her to a back alley and feed her cat sh*t on a plate for dinner. That way, if she stays with you, you'll know she's worthwhile, and after this test, you can reward her by actually treating her like a human being. But NO human treatment UNTIL she proves she isn't like all the other lying, manipulative women out there!" "Hey, you know what I think I'll do? Buy a flashy car so that I can drive it all around until some girl comes up to me...so that I can humiliate her in public by telling her she must be a money-grubber! So how much do you think I should spend on this car?"

And ON and ON and ON and ON.

But I'm not whining about it. I'm responding to it...when it happens. WHICH IS CONSTANTLY.

Male-bashing v. female forum domination MY *SS. Rath made some valid points in the beginning of this post and now look what it's becoming. "Well, yes, Rath, it's soooooooo true that women are sooooooooo awful and hurtful and should be sent to a desert island, only to be taken out once a month when we 'need' them, because *they* are always such attackers here, aren't they? Not us, though...stroke stroke, pat pat." Just...like...always.

I need a break too. Got to just get away from this idiocy.
Yep. I grow tired of it, too. In all of life, not just on this forum. I loved your colorful response.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:20 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Wow, this is an exceptionally ugly thread. Whatever happened to those pesky moderators who were always poking their noses into our business?

Unless the rules have changed drastically, you're not even supposed to post "I'm leaving" threads.

Maybe it's just not worth the effort.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:06 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Wow, this is an exceptionally ugly thread. Whatever happened to those pesky moderators who were always poking their noses into our business?

Unless the rules have changed drastically, you're not even supposed to post "I'm leaving" threads.

Maybe it's just not worth the effort.
Yea, I thought that too.

The melodramatic flurrish of it all from someone who no doubt considers himself no non-sense was extremely humorous.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:54 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Yea, I thought that too.

The melodramatic flurrish of it all from someone who no doubt considers himself no non-sense was extremely humorous.
Ach - it's just a cry for attention from the OP. Looks like his attention seeking tactics worked too. Along with all sorts of ego massage. I read through a couple of threads to see what the problem was. Couldn't see much 'man bashing'. Definitely no more than the woman bashing that goes on here. Just looks like some people disagreed with him and he couldn't accept that so now he's left. Oh well, life goes on.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:58 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Ach - it's just a cry for attention from the OP. Looks like his attention seeking tactics worked too. Along with all sorts of ego massage. I read through a couple of threads to see what the problem was. Couldn't see much 'man bashing'. Definitely no more than the woman bashing that goes on here. Just looks like some people disagreed with him and he couldn't accept that so now he's left. Oh well, life goes on.
LOL@ attention seeking, yes to be sure.

I keep coming back to this thread to see if he returns in full meltdown mode.

Some womens tendency is to run to someone like this and pat their head and tell them it will ALL be ok. I tend to like to watch them flail about like a fish on land.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:40 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
I returned to CD after a brief hiatus to begin a new life, and I find that some of my potential targets are leaving.
But, I'm not really too upset because this forum and the world at large has never had any shortage of opinionated fools who need a good bashing.

All you self important male or female conservatives, liberals, moderates, nice guys, and idiots bring your inflated egos and sniveling self indulgences and get in line.

I'm back and I'm bad.
And I'm ready to Bash and Smash.
I will also cast many Pearls of Wisdom, but special tools will be required to extract them from the pigshiit.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:05 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
For the love of Christ, someone get a needle and let some gas out of this guy.

That's right, bubbala - I'm here and waiting...

Old 07-06-2008, 12:24 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
For the love of Christ, someone get a needle and let some gas out of this guy.

That's right, bubbala - I'm here and waiting...
No needle needed.
Just let me turn around and..ahhh.
You still there?
Still waiting?

Old 07-06-2008, 01:40 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships