Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 08:16 PM

169 posts, read 344,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HG32 View Post
I recently found out that my husband joined a sort of dating service called Ashley Madison. For those of you who don't know, it is advertised quite a bit on Howard Stern's show, it's a dating site for people who are in committed relationships or married. Yuck, I know. The line I was given from him was that he was just curious about what type of people are on there? Apparently you have to fill out this whole bio on yourself, yada yada, he was looking for something short term? He said that you had to fill in that part to look around. He also said that he hears it all day long as he listens to Howard Stern and was just curious, again.

Last year I almost left him for soing something similar to this, he also said that nothing has ever happened-never cheated. He also went to therapy for a year for the last time.

I could really use some unbiased opinions on this matter. It is entirely to embarrassing to talk to my friends or family about. What would you do? Please advise.
it seems like he's done this before and is back to his old ways with the same tired excuses he's not gonna change
I say dump him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 08:24 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,157,949 times
There was a billboard in NYC put up by Ashley Madison. It had a girl sitting on a hotel bed and unzipping a man's pants, and it said, "Life is short, have an affair". I swear, google "Ashley Madison" and click on images.

The nearby residents on Times Square were protesting it so it was removed .... Nice Site it is- promoting adultery.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:30 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,157,949 times
http://www.jetskvetch.com/uploads/images/2010/june/ashleymadison.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-11-2011, 01:09 PM

4 posts, read 6,362 times
Been there and done that with my EX-HUSBAND!! Number one, ask yourself, why is he curious about finding out if he's married?!?!? There should be NOTHING out there that will tempt a man to cheat or otherwise if he's married and love his wife!! Secondly, if this is the second time that you've caught him, then there are some serious issues there. Now my mother has always told me, "that if you go looking, eventually you will fine just what you're looking for and then some"! So you need to decide, do you want to wait until he actually commits the "act" or are you going to continue to allow him to do what he's doing? And believe me, there are VARIOUS sites other than this one. So are you sure that he's not on any other sites? Again, my ex-husband did this and more. I found out all his dirty little deeds by putting a website tracker on my computer...and I'm not talking about the website history. So please keep your eyes open....SOME men are great munipulators!! Especially when it's comes to women and p*&^%. Good luck

Old 04-11-2011, 04:30 PM

299 posts, read 1,131,979 times
I once learned that 33% of the men on dating sites are married!!!! I learned this when I was dating and on Match.com. I was really freaked out the whole time and wondering if any of my dates were married.

No such thing as curiousity... Liar Liar Pants on Fire..... He is fishing...

I have heard of AM and I think it's disgusting but I am sure the owner of the site makes a ton of money

Old 04-12-2011, 10:07 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,296,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_mama1 View Post
it seems like he's done this before and is back to his old ways with the same tired excuses he's not gonna change
I say dump him

Before you hear these words...

"Before I knew it, she kissed me! I didn't know you could get herpes of the mouth that could be past to your partner via a peck!"

Old 04-13-2011, 11:03 PM

374 posts, read 758,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurthubby View Post
I simply cannot believe what the world has come to. My wife and I were married nearly 20 years ago, not much of a plan but two christian people with faith in each other, no money but love. We have been blessed with two children who are great kids. I have worked incredibly hard to get ahead in this life and so has my wife. I suppose there always been little things that we wished we could change, but nobody is perfect, and I have not made a big deal about much at all. I've always had the feeling that my wife had a "wildside" . I began to notice that she was less interested in home life about a year ago.I was suspicous and recently checked our phone records and found a disturbing amount of calls to certain numbers. We had a big fight over what that was all about, tried to ignore the knawing doubt in my stomach. I felt that I must monitor her completely, so I covertly installed WebWatcher to her computer. Found out that she was having an affair which has changed everything for us. I am a good man, I work hard to provide for family because I love them. In one selfish act, my world has exploded and I am not sure I am capable of forgiving the hurt like she wants me to. If were just about me, not our kids and her wonderful parents that would never withstand the heartbreak and embarrassment of what their daughter has done, I would already be gone. Who do I have to thank in part for all of this. Ashley Madison of course. The founder of this organization I am sure is going to sizzle just a little hotter in hell than than the rest. For those of you who cannot put your finger on the change in your spouse, do some research on the signs of an affair and then get to work. Monitor their computers and smartphones, buy a small gps tracking system for their vehicle, call a private detective and stop the thing in its tracks. Get a divorce or seek counselling to see if anything is left. I no longer have desire for my wife, and if we had big problems in our marriage I was certainly the last to know. For all you lonely idiot men out there who think taking a poke at another mans wife is a good thing, give me a call so I can meet with you and rearrange your face. It will take years to rebuild what I once had because of self seeking degenerate scum like yourselves. For all you women who think that it would be exciting to seek the companionship of someone else, just remember behind all the flirtatious sweetalk, the horny prick just wants to **** you and then discard you for the next big thing. Simply not worth the risk.

I am so sorry this happened to you.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:28 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,314,769 times
It sounds like he hasn't cheated (or at least you haven't said if you have reason to think he has) but he is obviously thinking about cheating. Tell him you want couples counciling because it's clear your relationship has problems if he's going to cheater websites.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:04 PM

169 posts, read 344,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Before you hear these words...

"Before I knew it, she kissed me! I didn't know you could get herpes of the mouth that could be past to your partner via a peck!"
??? sorry u make no sense

Old 04-19-2011, 01:23 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,082,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HG32 View Post
I recently found out that my husband joined a sort of dating service called Ashley Madison. For those of you who don't know, it is advertised quite a bit on Howard Stern's show, it's a dating site for people who are in committed relationships or married. Yuck, I know. The line I was given from him was that he was just curious about what type of people are on there? Apparently you have to fill out this whole bio on yourself, yada yada, he was looking for something short term? He said that you had to fill in that part to look around. He also said that he hears it all day long as he listens to Howard Stern and was just curious, again.

Last year I almost left him for soing something similar to this, he also said that nothing has ever happened-never cheated. He also went to therapy for a year for the last time.

I could really use some unbiased opinions on this matter. It is entirely to embarrassing to talk to my friends or family about. What would you do? Please advise.
I'm going to tell you, what really drives some on here insane, but since any computer in your home is shared property you have every right to do so...

Go to...
SoftActivity Keylogger - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Download this program, read the instructions. Now EVERYTHING your husband types will be stored for you to read. You won't get the incoming. only what he types.

And when you see "yeah baby, I'll meet you at the hotel at..."

you can thank me, because I'm positive that's what's going on, so are you..but you need like DNA evidence, apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships