Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 09:20 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else think this was a "statement" about more than a hairstyle?
Today my husband said to me " Why don't you grow you hair out again, you were much sexier with longer hair "
That was 10 years, 30 lbs and 3 kids ago. I have been so mad at him today, it is our 14th anniversary on on the 9th, we have dinner plans but now I might just cancel the babysitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 09:24 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,814,317 times
Men are simple and direct. It means to him, you look even sexier with long hair. Nothing else. Leave it alone.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:26 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
I agree with steelstress. Your husband just mentioned that he likes you with long hair. He said nothing about the "10 years, 30lbs and 3 kids" YOU DID. Nothing at all to be upset or angry about. Enjoy your anniversary.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:28 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
I have never understood what it is with mens obsession with long hair. My daughters Father was like that. I told him I would grow mine as long as he wanted it if he would take care of it for me.
It never occurred to him to consult ME on his hairstyle or whether or not he had facial hair but he seemed to feel he had the right to dictate to me about my hair. That didn't last of course.

I cut my blow shoulder length hair to a bob that was about chin level, I brought the hair home in a zip lock bag. I called him and told him to come through the door with his eyes closed because I had surprise for him. I put the bag of hair in his hands and told him to open his eyes. He was really mad. I got a kick out of it.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:31 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,143,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Men are simple and direct. It means to him, you look even sexier with long hair. Nothing else. Leave it alone.
I agree. Don't punish him. Be glad you got a hint about what he likes. Have a great anniversary!

Old 07-06-2008, 09:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
I don't know... What I do know is I wouldn't like such a comment. Basically it does imply she's not sexy enough.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I have never understood what it is with mens obsession with long hair. My daughters Father was like that. I told him I would grow mine as long as he wanted it if he would take care of it for me.
It never occurred to him to consult ME on his hairstyle or whether or not he had facial hair but he seemed to feel he had the right to dictate to me about my hair. That didn't last of course.

I cut my blow shoulder length hair to a bob that was about chin level, I brought the hair home in a zip lock bag. I called him and told him to come through the door with his eyes closed because I had surprise for him. I put the bag of hair in his hands and told him to open his eyes. He was really mad. I got a kick out of it.
Lindsey, I'm assuming you weren't feeling real great about your husband at the time because that was a very passive-aggressive thing to do. I hope he deserved it!

Old 07-06-2008, 09:38 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Lindsey, I'm assuming you weren't feeling real great about your husband at the time because that was a very passive-aggressive thing to do. I hope he deserved it!
He was VERY controlling. I had wanted to cut my hair for some time because it was hard to take care of and I don't have any natural body in my hair. He used to tell me how to wash the dishes (the same way his Mother did), he told me that when our daughter was born she would have cloth diapers (like he did as a child) on and on. I don't care for people who try to control me. It was my way of telling him I am going to do what I please. We weren't married, just living together. Thank goodness I didn't marry him because he wanted to control every little thing in my life.

I didn't think it was passive agressive at all, I thought of it as a downright statement of not allowing him to control me.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
He was VERY controlling. I had wanted to cut my hair for some time because it was hard to take care of and I don't have any natural body in my hair. He used to tell me how to wash the dishes (the same way his Mother did), he told me that when our daughter was born she would have cloth diapers (like he did as a child) on and on. I don't care for people who try to control me. It was my way of telling him I am going to do what I please. We weren't married, just living together. Thank goodness I didn't marry him because he wanted to control every little thing in my life.

I didn't think it was passive agressive at all, I thought of it as a downright statement of not allowing him to control me.
I gotcha'. It was a statement of defiance to an A-hole! In that case it was very clever and pointed!

Last edited by laysayfair; 07-06-2008 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-06-2008, 09:43 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Go on to your dinner, but buy yourself a long haired wig!
Tell him that you wanted to be "sexy" for him again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships