Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
I'm on my second (and last) marriage.
Not that I wanna rain on your parade, but HOW do you know that...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,372,858 times
I would like to answer for him.....when you know a person well enough to know you can bend " That Far" to get past what ever obstacles that may come your way.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I would like to answer for him.....when you know a person well enough to know you can bend " That Far" to get past what ever obstacles that may come your way.
I've seen one too many surprises. Just heard of one yesterday - seemingly very happy, picture-perfect couple with 6 children (being popped almost every year) is getting a divorce. Don't know many details, but the wife never even told her father what was going on. Apparently her husband was extremely controlling to say the least... possibly abusive. What beats me is why she kept having these children in this situation. Well, he is Catholic, but what is wrong with her...?! Perhaps he didn't let her use birth control...

I don't know her well, but she sounds to me like one of the most wonderful, warm-hearted, and mellow people I've ever come across. Of course, she didn't work during her marriage. My head spins trying to picture what she's gonna do now... Oh, and the husband is once again one of those “in uniform” so many women drool over for unknown to me reason…

Old 07-09-2008, 01:10 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Ending #2 and finial marriage. Unless I find one like asitshouldbe did.
First marriage lasted 6 yrs, two kids. Second, would be 10 yrs in October, no kids.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Unless I find one like asitshouldbe did.
The ability to make money doesn't matter as much as the ability to manage it. My ex had been making pretty good money all his life (and kept making it while we were married), but didn't have much to show for it. Had we been a good team, we could've done wonders with our different abilities. I could've made up for his wasted fiscal years in no time.

As far as finances go, I'm in a better shape than him even now and chances are I will be in a way better shape when I reach his current age (unless something unexpected happens) even though I make less than half of what he makes.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:25 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,980,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Not that I wanna rain on your parade, but HOW do you know that...?
Because if we divorce (which we have no plans on doing, though you never know what may happen,) I believe I would be happier single. I cannot imagine breaking in a new man . I don't WANT to be single, but I don't think I could marry again.

I try not to have rose-colored glasses, but my relationship with my spouse is really really good. We both went through hell with our first marriages and we're determined to make us last. I don't have a crystal ball, though, even though I'd like to think 'til death do we part is how we'll end up. But still, if I'm left without him, I don't think I could be in a 3rd marriage.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:29 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
The ability to make money doesn't matter as much as the ability to manage it.
This is true. I figure he would make it and I would manage it.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:39 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,684,944 times
Once. Got married in July of 97, divorced in May of 2004. Won't ever try it again. Not opposed to long term committed relationships, but i'm a firm believer that marriage kills relationships

Old 07-09-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
Because if we divorce (which we have no plans on doing, though you never know what may happen,) I believe I would be happier single. I cannot imagine breaking in a new man . I don't WANT to be single, but I don't think I could marry again.
Oh, OK. This point I can absolutely relate to!

Old 07-09-2008, 06:15 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,290,762 times
Once, and it lasted 7 years. Should have only lasted 1 to be totally honest but I'm a stubborn one.

Currently with my partner now for 5 years. No marriage though, unless we go to Cali or Mass or Canada...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships