Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 01:42 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
For me, I don't like to talk about stuff like politics, history or economy with women. Not to sound biased, but very few women, at least very few women I know of, regardless of their education level, have interests in politics beside "feel-good" politics that I find naive and silly to no end. I personally don't mind women who have no interests in politics, history and economics. But if my women's only interests is make-up tips and Victoria secret, it's definitely gonna be a deal breaker. I can't stand men whose only interests are wrestling, football either, I would not have anything other than professional relationships with them.
I'm very fortunate in that I can have deep conversations about politics, history, economics, football and wrestling with my wife. I can't talk about Victoria's Secret with her though, because she would get jealous of Adriana Lima, et al........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 01:43 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Man, eatfastnoodle, you need to hang out with a different crowd...if this is your impression of most women.

Actually, your impression of most women is my impression of most people.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:53 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Man, eatfastnoodle, you need to hang out with a different crowd...if this is your impression of most women.

Maybe he's a little east of his noodle? Just a question

I kid, I kid........love ya' noodle

Old 10-20-2008, 02:02 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

my political view isn't compatible with most guys either. I consider myself a Kissinger style realist. I would like to base my politics on reality instead of high-flown idealism or worse, religious fanaticism. Unfortunate for me, most people in this country, men or women, allow their opinions to be shaped by various form of *ism.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:03 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
maybe he got his noodle bitten by a poodle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post

Old 10-20-2008, 02:05 PM

Yes some PHD's are astoundingly narrow minded and odd thinkers.

Common sense is so awesome....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessofRandomThoughts View Post
Education is definitely not the same as Intelligence!

Intelligence and humor matter a great deal to me.
They are the first 2 traits I look for in a man (hmm...humor may be first).

How much formal education a man has is irrelevant.

I have known PHD's to be dumb as rocks on any subject other than the one they studied.

Common sense is undervalued.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:06 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Quote:
my political view isn't compatible with most guys either. I consider myself a Kissinger style realist. I would like to base my politics on reality instead of high-flown idealism or worse, religious fanaticism. Unfortunate for me, most people in this country, men or women, allow their opinions to be shaped by various form of *ism.
Well that's great and all but when you limit your view to what might be correct now.....how will things change and evolve? Maybe some things are true now that shouldn't be and the only way to alter them is to believe and act as if they should be different. IMO your way seems a bit limmiting as far as striving for what you belive in, it also seems to me that you are allowing others "the majority of the general public" controll your actions by essentially doing as they say.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:

I love you too!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 02:10 PM

somebody has the hots for somebody....uh oh I foresee a cyber-baby in the making...

Quote:
I love you too!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Well that's great and all but when you limit your view to what might be correct now.....how will things change and evolve? Maybe some things are true now that shouldn't be and the only way to alter them is to believe and act as if they should be different. IMO your way seems a bit limmiting as far as striving for what you belive in, it also seems to me that you are allowing others "the majority of the general public" controll your actions by essentially doing as they say.
Opinion of the majority of the general public doesn't equal reality. I believe in things and strive for things that I believe are relevant to the progress of myself. I have no interests whatsoever in forcing my view on others, and I have no qualms whatsoever in doing business with whoever I seem fit. Personally, I have utter, 100% disdain for the kind of policy adopted by US and some other nations that are nothing more than social marginalization practiced by high school girls against those whom they consider not cool enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships