Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 06:41 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I know, creme... it was more of a rhetorical question... You're acting like a guy trying to solve the problem!

LOL, this has to be Heaven on Earth! All the handles I see on this forum from PA have something to do with being stuck in PA, leaving PA, unfortunately in PA, etc.... I just don't belong on this continent, but that's another story... Sometimes you lie in the bed you made for yourself indefinitely.
well, I'll tell ya...your right...in a lot of ways, and sorry, I did think you were looking for an answer and that is all I could think of...at the time..

there was a time in my life, I wanted to get out of PA...winters were cold, pretty harsh, I hate the cold...then, about 3 years ago...actually, I'm 2 hours from the beach, and 4 hours from the most beautiful forests...centrally located so that I can go to NYC...and I love that city...

But one thing most of all, I love PA, this is my home...and it is to me, a beautiful state, and anywhere down south, has become way to hot for me. I had the opportunity to visit your state...it's all in what works for you...it's a beautiful state, I loved it....but I wouldn't want to live there...

and yeah, I can be like a guy at times...seriously, I grew up with boys and worked with men for a long time...so, walla? It is, what it is...I can be very cut and dry....

Sierra...I would love to hear that other story sometime....

Hugs
Creme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 07:31 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, I'll tell ya...your right...in a lot of ways, and sorry, I did think you were looking for an answer and that is all I could think of...at the time..

there was a time in my life, I wanted to get out of PA...winters were cold, pretty harsh, I hate the cold...then, about 3 years ago...actually, I'm 2 hours from the beach, and 4 hours from the most beautiful forests...centrally located so that I can go to NYC...and I love that city...

But one thing most of all, I love PA, this is my home...and it is to me, a beautiful state, and anywhere down south, has become way to hot for me. I had the opportunity to visit your state...it's all in what works for you...it's a beautiful state, I loved it....but I wouldn't want to live there...

and yeah, I can be like a guy at times...seriously, I grew up with boys and worked with men for a long time...so, walla? It is, what it is...I can be very cut and dry....

Sierra...I would love to hear that other story sometime....

Hugs
Creme
Oh, sweetie, I know you mean well. Absolutely no need to apologize. I did phrase my thinking out loud as a question...

I considered getting out of the country last year, but I don't have the strength to fight the logistics anymore. It's too late. The problem is no longer the location alone anyway. Which state I live in won't make any difference at this point. At least I know this devil and he's a hot devil. I like it hot. That's the one feature of AZ I do like. After all these years here I'll have a really hard time acclimating anywhere else. Besides, I have a decent and stable job, just bought a house... so this frog will continue being boiled in the good ol' US of A...

Thank you for caring, creme.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:44 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,372,858 times
The human factor!....you two are good people

Old 07-11-2008, 09:54 AM

430 posts, read 1,358,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
How long have they been together - I was dated a guy who was a dropout and I lost interest in him fast (he was nothing but a pretty smile)
You can haz cheezeburger.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:05 AM

430 posts, read 1,358,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
also it sounds really snobby to say a man who is not intellectual is a loser. Again give me someone who is respectful of others from all paths of life any day of the week over a snob, whether it's a money snob, or an intellectual snob as I'm hearing in this thread.
Education does not equal curiousity. It does show compliance, though. And that is why among the highly educated are some of the most intolerant people.

Many truly gifted intellects among us are not educatable by the education system and drop out or opt out for their own courses of study and some take menial jobs because to be around the so-called Educated is very painful for them.

Other less gifted people do possess great people skills and a meticulous work ethic and do a better job at what they do than any educated person could.

The education system in the US is flawed in how it deals with the lowest and highest minds. It supposes that everyone is on a college prep path when many would be served by a trade school track while the high end should be accelerated right into grad school.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Oh, sweetie, I know you mean well. Absolutely no need to apologize. I did phrase my thinking out loud as a question...

I considered getting out of the country last year, but I don't have the strength to fight the logistics anymore. It's too late. The problem is no longer the location alone anyway. Which state I live in won't make any difference at this point. At least I know this devil and he's a hot devil. I like it hot. That's the one feature of AZ I do like. After all these years here I'll have a really hard time acclimating anywhere else. Besides, I have a decent and stable job, just bought a house... so this frog will continue being boiled in the good ol' US of A...

you mean move to another country...??? Did you see "under the Tuscan Sun?" Fantabulous!!! yes, it would probably be difficult moving somewhere even mildly cool....it is hard...

Your reasons are the same reasons I decided to stay here. I always wanted to move down south, but to stay closer to the beach...and time just slipped away, along with a fantastic job and now, bought a home to...and winter's are actually bearable here any more, they are certainly not nearly as bad as they used to be.

Your very welcome...it's always nice to see ya in there
love ya
creme

Old 07-11-2008, 01:06 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:

What makes you want to leave the "good ol' US of A". If you don't mind me asking??

Old 07-11-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
you mean move to another country...???
Yes. Well, one of the options could've been moving back to my roots, but in fact it's like another immigration process as by now I'm pretty much a foreigner speaking the language there, aka have no clue how the system functions and this frog has no more energy for such adventures.

Quote:
Did you see "under the Tuscan Sun?" Fantabulous!!! yes, it would probably be difficult moving somewhere even mildly cool....it is hard...
Yeah, it is a fantabulous movie, but in reality this sweet move could've only worked had she won the lottery or been a woman of independent means (which apparently she was, but not too many of us are).

I like warm weather, but it’s not on top of my list of priorities. Well, as long as we’re not talking AK, MN, MI, IL, New England, etc. For better or worse, I'll continue being an Arizonan, though.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What makes you want to leave the "good ol' US of A". If you don't mind me asking??
Long story... wrong forum... Let's say there isn't much compatibility in our relationship.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Yes. Well, one of the options could've been moving back to my roots, but in fact it's like another immigration process as by now I'm pretty much a foreigner speaking the language there, aka have no clue how the system functions and this frog has no more energy for such adventures.

Yeah, it is a fantabulous movie, but in reality this sweet move could've only worked had she won the lottery or been a woman of independent means (which apparently she was, but not too many of us are).

I like warm weather, but it’s not on top of my list of priorities. Well, as long as we’re not talking AK, MN, MI, IL, New England, etc. For better or worse, I'll continue being an Arizonan, though.

Goooooood Luck to you always....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships