Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 07:20 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Men are simple, we need:

1. Very little harassment
2. A good TV & Couch
3. An occasional good home cooked meal.
4. A warm bed and occasional good loving.
5. A decent job & car to get us there.
6. Hopefully a good person who loves us
7. If something is bothering you, realize we want to fix it.
8. Realize we have very selective hearing.
9. Maybe a good dog & BBQ Pit.
10. Electronics
Until, that is, they get to their late 40s. Then, looking up, they often ask, "Is that all there is to it?" Then they snap, buy a convertible or a boat, sometimes take a mistress, and generally make their wives miserable for a few years until they settle back down into their routine. All men want to plant a flag of some kind or another. Otherwise the ennui and tedium of a settled life drives them crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 07:20 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanamarie11 View Post
I can't understand the way my ex boyfriend thinks and it drives me crazy. I want to know why people act the way they do and say the things they do.
Well, there's no lack of psychology books on the market.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:30 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,622 times
Quote:
I wish I could understand how people think sometimes. Especially guys. At times I wish I was a mind reader. I can't understand the way my ex boyfriend thinks and it drives me crazy. I want to know why people act the way they do and say the things they do. Does anyone else feel like this?
I guess you could always ask him, if you really want to know. But he may not really know what he acts the way he does.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:04 AM

220 posts, read 762,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
i would NOT want to read anyone's mind. i mean people think a lot of strange and sick things, and i for one would no longer be able to reamain normal in front of them if i was able to read them

also if you want to know what people think and why they act the way they do--you can always flat out ask them! if you are truly curious, ask.
Finding hope has a point, I think people would be appaled by me if they could read my mind. Ha ha, think about all the weird, sick mean things you think in your head. yea it'd be nice to know what people REALLY think of something but all the extra "inside conversation" would freak me out!

Old 07-10-2008, 11:12 PM

631 posts, read 2,445,799 times
I found if you're a mind reader for men, really there's nothing there to read. It's not that exciting. They think what they say which is not much. I finally poured my heart out to my guy ending it with, "I'm not going to beat a dead horse"... he ended that with, " I'm glad the horse is dead!" Well you know? I really didn't kill the horse, just thought it would re open communication. NOT! I can either give up, or bring the horse back!

Old 07-11-2008, 12:28 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Until, that is, they get to their late 40s. Then, looking up, they often ask, "Is that all there is to it?" Then they snap, buy a convertible or a boat, sometimes take a mistress, and generally make their wives miserable for a few years until they settle back down into their routine. All men want to plant a flag of some kind or another. Otherwise the ennui and tedium of a settled life drives them crazy.
Finally!!! Now I get it!!! Thank you.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:21 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
I wish I could understand how people think sometimes. Especially guys. At times I wish I was a mind reader. I can't understand the way my ex boyfriend thinks and it drives me crazy. I want to know why people act the way they do and say the things they do. Does anyone else feel like this?
Yeah, us guys wish we could read women's minds too. If there was one superpower I wish I had, this would be it. Better than superstrength or flying. Maybe if men and women could read each other's minds, there'd be less confusion and bruised feelings. How many times has a guy thought a woman liked him only to discover she was just being friendly? How many times has a woman tried to show her interest only to have the guy completely miss her signals? Understanding body language is a great skill to have, but it would be nice if people didn't play games so much. The more time you try to guess what someone is thinking, the more likely you'll be wrong.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
but it would be nice if people didn't play games so much
It would be nice, but it's impossible. That's not how human nature works and how interest and excitement are inspired. There's always one who loves and one who allows to be loved. Those terms of any relationship are negotiated in the early stages by (sadly) games.

Btw, love your screen name! I'm a fan of Boston Legal, too.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:18 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,846 times
Wanna make your boyfriend happy...
Buy him gadjets. The more gears, lights, bells, and whistles, the better.
Say things like,,
"can't we just go to macDonalds instead?"
"can I go to the auto store for you, if you give me a list, I can probably get you the stuff"
"Jet Lei has never won an acedemy award? I'm shocked!"

Within weeks you'll be engaged!

Old 07-11-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Wanna make your boyfriend happy...
Buy him gadjets. The more gears, lights, bells, and whistles, the better.
Say things like,,
"can't we just go to macDonalds instead?"
"can I go to the auto store for you, if you give me a list, I can probably get you the stuff"
"Jet Lei has never won an acedemy award? I'm shocked!"
Sounds like a good plan.

Quote:
Within weeks you'll be engaged!
Note to self - never do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships