Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why dont Women Cook anymore?
Lazy 9 40.91%
Mother didn’t teach them to do anything, but be a gold-digger 3 13.64%
They expect a man to do everything 4 18.18%
Rather eat-out 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:45 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The Boys got a lot to learn about women & survival.
Well said!

Old 07-11-2008, 01:56 AM

312 posts, read 1,017,911 times
As much as I would love to totally jump on the, "Your a big boy, cook for yourself" bandwagon.. I must regress...

I am married and I do 99% of all of the cooking. Why? Because it is my way of "providing" for my husband. I enjoy cooking. It is strange to me when females do not even try to learn how to cook.

On a side note..

Like I have said before, if having your mate cook for you is important to you.. ASK them when you meet them. "Hey baby, can you cook?"

Old 07-11-2008, 02:16 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
But are these not the reasons anyone doesnt cook? (poll answers)

You sound like you just date lame chicks that are f-dolls.
Good match.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:57 AM

655 posts, read 916,826 times
My wife does not cook very well. I don't mind one bit because she does other things very well! Isn't there a song about this? "I don't want you to cook, I don't want you to clean, I just want you to".......... okay enough, you get the idea. My wife and I love to dine out anyhow and I like to cook. I'm no girly man either, cooking is for anyone who likes it. It's not someone's duty to cook for me.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:09 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times
Sheesh, I couldn't even answer the poll cuz there was no answer for "I already cook". I work full-time while H stays home and watches our 2 year old (this will be ending soon but its been the situation since her birth). Anyway, I make about double what H makes so I work. But when I come home, I have to immediately cook us dinner cuz he supposedly cant even boil an egg (he claims to only know how to cook in the microwave yet he's never TRIED cooking so no wonder).

So I make a nice dinner around 5 nights a week. Lately I started this 2 week pre-planning thing where I cook a couple of dishes on Sunday and marinate meat in several zip lock bags in different marinades, then freeze everything. Last sunday I cooked shepherd's pie, chili, beef stroganoff and marinated chicken and pork. Then I can just thaw out my dinner or dump my marinating meat in a pan on the stove or in the broiler (with tin foil for easy clean up), throw some rice or noodles on the stove and we're eating in around 25 minutes or less. Since no chopping or anything is involved, it keeps the mess to a minimum.

Yeah, H was raised by his grandmother so he doesn't do dishes either and is used to having his a** wiped too (LOL, OK maybe not that). He does do all the vacuuming and sometimes the bathrooms though, and it is rare that I change a poopy diaper since that seems to occur everyday when I'm at work HAHA.

Men!

Old 07-11-2008, 04:24 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
I can cook. I do not always cook.

The man I am with can cook, does that make him any less of a man? He likes to cook for me, does that make him any less?

I think it makes him more of a man.

Just my opinion.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:43 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times
Oh you silly dear--

I am a woman that can cook, can sew, can keep a clean house, and do it all in my "skinny toothpick stiletto heels".

And because I can do the above, I can also shove those pretty little stiletto heels down any no-good chauvinistic bastard's throat for putting any stereotypes on my gender and taking all my talents for granted.

Oh, and I've been training in martial arts since I was 7 and if I ever saw you in real life I would not hesitate to give you an ass whooping for making this post.

Good day

Last edited by SmerkyGrl; 07-11-2008 at 07:03 AM..

Old 07-11-2008, 06:05 AM

312 posts, read 1,017,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smerkygrl View Post
oh you silly dear--

i am a woman that can cook, can sew, can keep a clean house, and do it all in my "skinny toothpick stiletto heels".

And because i can do the above, i can also those pretty little stiletto heels down any no-good chauvinistic bastard's throat for putting any stereotypes on my gender and taking all my talents for granted.

Oh, and i've been training in martial arts since i was 7 and if i ever saw you in real life i would not hesitate to give you an ass whooping for making this post.

Good day

rofl!

Old 07-11-2008, 06:07 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,487 times
We raised five kids and I did my share of cooking for years and years. No complaints and everyone was happy. But at this age, now that grandchildren are on the scene we eat out almost all the time. It is hard to cook for two and who wants all the leftovers.
And of course then no one has to do the dishes!!
There is more time for just living and enjoying life. We love the drive to destination places to eat and enjoy the conversation and the country views.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:13 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fickle View Post
As much as I would love to totally jump on the, "Your a big boy, cook for yourself" bandwagon.. I must regress...

I am married and I do 99% of all of the cooking. Why? Because it is my way of "providing" for my husband. I enjoy cooking. It is strange to me when females do not even try to learn how to cook.

On a side note..

Like I have said before, if having your mate cook for you is important to you.. ASK them when you meet them. "Hey baby, can you cook?"
I, for one, prefer to provide the paycheck. Which is why being unemployed is really annoying.

I do more cooking now that I'm home. I have more time for it. My husband still cooks regularly though. When I was working full time, that was his way of providing for me so I get what you're saying. Now he's the breadwinner and I'm doing most of the cooking.

I would have agreed with your assessment of people not learning to cook if you'd said "It's strange to me when PEOPLE don't learn to cook". I have no clue why it would be strange for a woman to not learn how but not a man. Anyone should be able to cook. It's a basic life skill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships