Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2008, 12:54 PM

478 posts, read 2,303,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
White German men seem to love black women with African features. Not sure what that's about. White European men seem to date and have serious relationships with black women more frequently than in the U.S. It seems to be white American men who have more hang-ups about dating interracially, so it's probably not so much a race thing as a culture thing.
I think that is very true!

Given the history of blacks in Europe vs. blacks in America (especially since blacks never reached a critical mass in Europe), it makes sense.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:14 PM

5 posts, read 41,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arf Arf View Post
Two reasons: 1) Most white men aren't attracted to black women. 2) White men perceive a relationship with a black woman as a step downward, the opposite of black men dating white women.

That line of thinking is dysfunctional and any relationship based on feelings of superiority will fail in the long run. There are no inferior people, but there is inferior thinking based on fear and insecurity. Black men who think that White women are a "step up" have issues with Black women and themselves, just like a Black woman who thinks that being with a White man is better than being with a Black man. Black people and White people can be equally as prejudiced against each other. But Black people can also be prejudiced against each other as well. Self-hatred is rampant in the Black community....

Old 09-03-2008, 02:07 AM

24 posts, read 48,130 times
this is the most stupid **** I've seen in a long time' i'ts almost hard to believe that real people thnk like this' don't quit your night job.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:37 AM

98 posts, read 370,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maaci View Post
You hit the nail on the head! Myself and all of the women in my circle feel a sense of loyalty to black men. Dating a white man, feels like we are abandoning and giving up our men. Sad but true..... obviously many black men don't feel the same way.

Actually, many of us do

Old 09-04-2008, 01:16 PM

14 posts, read 48,049 times
Quote:
Two reasons: 1) Most white men aren't attracted to black women. 2) White men perceive a relationship with a black woman as a step downward, the opposite of black men dating white women.
That's only half of the equation. You speak as if black women have no say. We have our preferences as well. White men get turned down by black women all the time.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 8,280 times
Quote:
1) Just because this is your own personal views, doesnt mean it speak for most wm. Men are attracted to anyone whose beautiful despite what race she is and thats definetly a fact. 2) I dont see how so unless its someone from a poorer low income area then yeah but there ARE successful black females who hold high paying jobs and work in corporate america. So i dont see how thats a step down? 3) read the past posts...people already mention good points on how its not always "i dont like black females b/c all are ugly" which is stupid since all races have bad lookers and some good.

Anyways, what I think is like someone said is that its all brought on culture and also I think the stereotypes thats attached to black women (and blacks in general) that keeps some white men away from bw. Not to mention there really not much non stereotypical black females in the spotlight and lets be real, the media likes to praise the blond hair blue eyed females all the time.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:08 PM

5 posts, read 41,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellebaby View Post
1) Just because this is your own personal views, doesnt mean it speak for most wm. Men are attracted to anyone whose beautiful despite what race she is and thats definetly a fact. 2) I dont see how so unless its someone from a poorer low income area then yeah but there ARE successful black females who hold high paying jobs and work in corporate america. So i dont see how thats a step down? 3) read the past posts...people already mention good points on how its not always "i dont like black females b/c all are ugly" which is stupid since all races have bad lookers and some good.

Anyways, what I think is like someone said is that its all brought on culture and also I think the stereotypes thats attached to black women (and blacks in general) that keeps some white men away from bw. Not to mention there really not much non stereotypical black females in the spotlight and lets be real, the media likes to praise the blond hair blue eyed females all the time.

I agree 100%. Very well put!!

Old 09-05-2008, 12:15 AM

126 posts, read 260,710 times
God you people are wretched. Who said they're my views? They're not. It's not my fault that your pathetic attempt at self-confidence is so weak. I'm only stating what I've experienced. You have no idea if I'm white or black, straight or gay, male or female.

Why don't you pull your heads out of your collective a$$es and accept a comment on its merits. I did not say black women are inferior, did I? Perhaps your inability to read coherently caused you to think that.

If you can't participate in a discourse, get the hell out. You're neither wanted or needed. But you are pathetic.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:59 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
In past history and in many traditional cultures, dating a black person is seen as a step downward. I grew up with this as an Asian child. However, this is the 21st century and we should all know better and NOT think this!

And here is my theory and one explanation.... and it comes from growing up with National Geographic magazine. And BTW please don't burn their offices down. Anyway, their magazine would feature beautiful pictures, particularly their front covers, of cultures from all over the world, particularly the primitive ones. So there were photo spreads of African, Australian aboriginal and South American tribespeople in their traditional native dress holding their spears and in front of their mud huts. And also, there were photo journalistic spreads of the nomadic Asian Mongolians with their *** skin tents. And I know the magazine's true intent was not to demean these primitive tribespeople, but rather document them and share pictures of their existence with the rest of the world. These tribespeople are holdovers of our ancestors, and I think that we all should be aware of our humble beginnings.

So.... what I am trying to say is that collectively, we all have these images in our heads of these primitive peoples. Then you take a country like China where 95+% of the population is "pure" Asian stock and all looking alike, and they didn't grow up with black neighborbors, but they are familiar with other world cultures through books and magazines, and subconsciously or consciously, their first associations about black people are images of primitive African tribes. And they would have the same reactions when encountering an Australian aborigine in person.

Then as to why white geeky men are attractive to Asians, I suppose that we have successful people like Thomas Edison and Bill Gates to thank for that. My mom never encouraged me to try to date the cutest guy in class or the football captain. Instead, I was steered towards guys that were smart and excelled in their academics. And I was encouraged to also excell in my studies.

So if there were high profile successful blacks running IT firms, or being doctors or lawyers, that would greatly enhance the standing of blacks among traditional thinking Asian parents. Blacks in the media that are rap music stars, actors or professional athletes, don't impress Asian parents. And Asian children are conditioned to always respect their family elders for all of their lives.

Now as to the thread topic, I think that currently in our society, the ideal female beauty is a petite size 0-2 woman. And while Halle Berry is slender, the black women in real life that I encounter are not petite size 0 women, but rather wonderfully sturdier and have curves. Clothing that are geared towards black women, like Baby Phat jeans, are cut to accomodate the larger butt. The tennis stars, the Williams sisters, have a very athletic build. So I'm wondering if some white men are intimidated by their stereotype that black women are not only strong in personality but also physically.. to the point that they are stronger than them.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:51 AM

14 posts, read 48,049 times
Quote:
God you people are wretched. Who said they're my views? They're not. It's not my fault that your pathetic attempt at self-confidence is so weak. I'm only stating what I've experienced. You have no idea if I'm white or black, straight or gay, male or female.

Why don't you pull your heads out of your collective a$$es and accept a comment on its merits. I did not say black women are inferior, did I? Perhaps your inability to read coherently caused you to think that.

If you can't participate in a discourse, get the hell out. You're neither wanted or needed. But you are pathetic.
Geez, what's will all the hostility. It seems to me that you're the only one who can't participate in a civil discourse. Everyone else seems to be handling the conversation just fine.

And this has nothing to do with self-confidence as I have no problem attracting my own kind. I could really care less what white men desire. I'm just responding to what I see as misconceptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships