Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:14 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
LOL - I like him already!
He was such a great guy! He was Black (not many Blacks here) and looked like what I picture in my mind as a decent and sweet Black man in the South (not that I've ever been there).

First I saw him when I was just walking down the street (he was outside) smiling like an idiot and he asked me why I'm smiling. I was just looking at the weird mustache of another guy passing by (he was part of a shootout show). Then my food was taking a while and I went to tease him - Where's my fooooood? A few minutes later he comes out to bring it and asks: Where's the lady who thinks I cook for her only? Of course, I raised my hand!

Old 07-16-2008, 11:16 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,615,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
He was such a great guy! He was Black (not many Blacks here) and looked like what I picture in my mind as a decent and sweet Black man in the South (not that I've ever been there).

First I saw him when I was just walking down the street (he was outside) smiling like an idiot and he asked me why I'm smiling. I was just looking at the weird mustache of another guy passing by (he was part of a shootout show). Then my food was taking a while and I went to tease him - Where's my fooooood? A few minutes later he comes out to bring it and asks: Where's the lady who thinks I cook for her only? Of course, I raised my hand!
Sounds like you two are a match made in Hel...uh...Heaven.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Sounds like you two are a match made in Hel...uh...Heaven.
For lunch... yes.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
For lunch... yes.
Take it one step at a time, kiddoo...

Old 07-16-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Take it one step at a time, kiddoo...
Ha-ha, I don't think so. The ladder theory is quite right - there's no jumping from ladder to ladder!

Old 07-16-2008, 11:16 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
there is something really off kilter when someone seeks to blend "exercise" and "watching tv" in the same rationale. Sort of like diet ice cream, it just doesn't cut it.
I call it multitasking. Besides, haven't you ever had a Big Mac and biggie-size fries, but with a diet Coke?

Old 07-17-2008, 09:23 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,600,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I call it multitasking. Besides, haven't you ever had a Big Mac and biggie-size fries, but with a diet Coke?
What's wrong with exercising and watching TV at the same time. The gym has 5 televisions on right above all the treadmills/elip/bikes

Old 07-17-2008, 09:43 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,160,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
What's wrong with exercising and watching TV at the same time. The gym has 5 televisions on right above all the treadmills/elip/bikes
I agree.......my gym has like 30 TV's, one above each eliptical.....I burn about 500 calories in 20 minutes on those things.....that's hardly diet ice cream. on my 2 days off, from the gym, I do sit ups while i watch TV.....so what's the big deal? Here's that generalization thing again......grrrrrrrrrr

Old 07-17-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
From a mind/body perspective? Because the mind isn't paying attention to what the body is experiencing. Not a good divide to have. People chalk it up to boredom - "Oh, I couldn't work the treadmill without some diversion..."

BS. Focus. Pay attention to what your body is telling you. Feel the blood flowing. Enjoy the pain. Be aware. Lord knows there's few enough in the world that do that these days.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:46 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,600,553 times
Quote:
From a mind/body perspective? Because the mind isn't paying attention to what the body is experiencing. Not a good divide to have. People chalk it up to boredom - "Oh, I couldn't work the treadmill without some diversion..."

BS. Focus. Pay attention to what your body is telling you. Feel the blood flowing. Enjoy the pain. Be aware. Lord knows there's few enough in the world that do that these days.
Oh Phil! Stop it! That is not true. Now I don't watch TV, but I do listen to my Ipod the entire time I work out.

And as far as the people watching tv at the gym on the treadmills, they are all in pretty damn good shape.

Were not doing yoga or meditating http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

were pumping up!

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link) http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link) http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link) http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.