Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 03:39 PM

65 posts, read 167,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Hey, the're nothing wrong with limitations. I have limitations myself. Lets say if black men date interracially but they exclusively date white women, do you think that's shallow?
Some people might take issue with it, but I do not. If that's your preference, then eat your cake! I don't have any issues when I see a black man with a white woman. Although I do become clearly disgruntled when a black man says, "I date _____ (fill in your color/ethnic group) women because black women are ______". It's fine if you prefer others over your own, but it is offensive to make sweeping generalizations about anyone. Even if your qualms about your own kind are what sincerely pushed you into expanding your dating preferences, then there is certainly no point in telling your own people about it. That's the easiest way to **** them off LOL!

Old 07-14-2008, 03:46 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,856,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliprincess View Post
Some people might take issue with it, but I do not. If that's your preference, then eat your cake! I don't have any issues when I see a black man with a white woman. Although I do become clearly disgruntled when a black man says, "I date _____ (fill in your color/ethnic group) women because black women are ______". It's fine if you prefer others over your own, but it is offensive to make sweeping generalizations about anyone. Even if your qualms about your own kind are what sincerely pushed you into expanding your dating preferences, then there is certainly no point in telling your own people about it. That's the easiest way to **** them off LOL!
Maybe some black men who date interracially might do that, but not me. And if black women date interracially, I wouldn't care. My sister is married to a white man and has 3 kids together.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:06 PM

8,882 posts, read 20,260,878 times
I'm white and I had a short relationship with a black gal ten or so years ago. I had never been "with" a black gal before, but she was nice. I didn't think our relationship would go to far b/c she had two teen kids, and I just wasn't into kids that much. Actually, I really never had an interest in black gals 'til I met her and she told me that she thought I was cute (WOW, that did it).
While in the Navy, I stayed with a Japanese girl for a couple of weeks, until I got Orders to "ship out". She was also nice, but don't remember much because it was only for a couple of weeks and it was back in the early 70's.
Does it bother me to see a white gal with a black guy? No, not really b/c it is so common today. Now, years ago, I did feel differently about it. Actually, I don't think white girls and black guys have as much of a problem with interracial dating/marriage as the families do.
One thing is for sure, you don't see many white guys with black girls!!!! Wonder why????

Old 07-14-2008, 04:08 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,003,702 times
Wasn't there another saying "The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice.." I am caucasion (and married to one), but I have dated black men, hispanic men, and middle eastern men (never been with an asian man though) Anyway, for ME, it's all about who you find attractive both physically and emotionlly. But I would be lying to say it didn't feel uncomfortable getting some looks from strangers whenever I was with a black men. I do not mean this in any offensive way whatsover. Please don't think I am throwing an insult. I am just stating a fact of what I personally experienced. I didn't like that feeling and it IRKED me to no end. It's like "what the H**L are you looking at??!!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I wonder about this saying "once you go Black, you never go back"... Was it coined by white women or black dudes?

Old 07-14-2008, 04:09 PM

262 posts, read 484,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
I think you need to re-read the post.
I know bullsh*t when I read it.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:43 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,641,265 times
People are just people. I'm not so sure we even have a lot of control over who we are attracted to...

Old 07-14-2008, 04:43 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,564,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
I know some black men that ONLY date white women (and vice versa). I can only speak for the woman's side because I have a very dear friend (caucasion) who will ONLY date BLACK men. She doesn't date white men period. She just finds black men to be incredibly sexy, funny and cool. She is not attracted or interested in white men.

Unfortunately, she is not welcome by many black women. In fact, they get royally pis** off at her. She is on some of the dating boards that are exclusive to black men. She has her picture there and gets a lot of negative email from black women to GET OUT!

When you see an interracial couple, does it bother you? How does it make you feel? Personally, I am the type that as long as you are happy with the person you are dating, then be with them.
I think you are describing a very natural phenomenon, it's a fetish for some people and really if it were other people's relationship that is none of my business is it. I just personally would feel against it if it were say my daughter, in fact disgusted if a man treated my daughter as an object, but if it were a boy of another color who respected my daughter and wanted to date her out of love, that is wonderful, out of fetish, that is a no-no.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:30 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,948,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
Wasn't there another saying "The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice.." I am caucasion (and married to one), but I have dated black men, hispanic men, and middle eastern men (never been with an asian man though) Anyway, for ME, it's all about who you find attractive both physically and emotionlly. But I would be lying to say it didn't feel uncomfortable getting some looks from strangers whenever I was with a black men. I do not mean this in any offensive way whatsover. Please don't think I am throwing an insult. I am just stating a fact of what I personally experienced. I didn't like that feeling and it IRKED me to no end. It's like "what the H**L are you looking at??!!".
We have these issues from time to time, it bothers my man much more than it bothers me, I really couldn't give a rats a$$. I've had people say things, blatently stare, shake their heads, a lot of people still even in this day have some kind of issue with it. My man gets a little more heated, in fact, there have been times when he actually won't go places because he thinks there might be problems with a few knuckleheads (mainly concerts and such). It's a shame, but there are always struggles in life, you just have to try to stay above all the nonesense.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:49 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,998,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyGWoods View Post
I know bullsh*t when I read it.
So do I, and now you're on ignore.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:40 PM

884 posts, read 2,634,081 times
Mom2,

Black female here. There was a time when BM/WM relationships got under my skin. I was in college, in great shape, great attitude and like any young woman I wanted to date young, educated, black males that had similar interests. It was depressing to see the vast majority of them on my campus basically turn their backs on us as dating options. At the time it was something I took personally. HOWEVER, I found my MR great and I don't even notice the IR relationships. Some black men get weird though. My husband had a friend he used to play guitar and go to rock concerts with. (He is black & in a IR). Dude stopped calling my husband and I LIKE his spouse, she is a great person. I thought we would be able to hang out but HE has some kind of hatred for black women or he thinks I have a problem with his spouse (and I DONT). Sadly my husband was hurt by this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships