Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:27 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,959,504 times

Advertisements

Thread starter, maybe some of us are leading double lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I have trouble getting out of the computer screen, since I'm not in it to begin with...
Wasn't there a movie about that?

Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 PM

631 posts, read 2,452,308 times
[quote=beowulf7;4459774]Thread starter, maybe some of us are leading double lives.

Double life here.

People by day, net by night.

I like you people better than my day people.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:56 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,043,459 times
The net opens a lot of thing for me. My mind. My eyes. My checkbook. LOL

Old 07-15-2008, 12:09 AM

18 posts, read 30,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Thread starter, maybe some of us are leading double lives.

Wasn't there a movie about that?
There is a book by Dean Koontz. I can't remember the name right now, but if anything he writes is possible we are all doomed! I will have cables coming out my a** connecting me to my pc by morning!(morning by standards of people with lives!) If I remember correctly, the people in the book either regressed to a subhuman condition in which they took on a wolf like form and spent their nights hunting for flesh and blood or they morphed into an "elevated state" becoming one with their computers. I am 100% positive I would rather be sitting here all night fighting off spyware than out hunting people for a midnight snack!

Last edited by Sic Semper Tyrannis; 07-15-2008 at 12:23 AM..

Old 07-15-2008, 12:11 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,043,459 times
I only like my cables if they have a power surge.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:21 AM

519 posts, read 1,700,837 times
I like getting into meaningless discussions with random, invisible people.

I teach, and, generally, I get tired of speaking with the real world. My real world is having 40+ students to interact with on a daily basis. Too exhausting. Besides, this is MY SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, here, I can drink my water, eat my dinner, watch CNN, and read the debates between Atheists and Christians or Texans and Californians or Republicans and Democrats.

It's a nice break.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:42 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,671,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzter View Post
I like getting into meaningless discussions with random, invisible people.

I teach, and, generally, I get tired of speaking with the real world. My real world is having 40+ students to interact with on a daily basis. Too exhausting. Besides, this is MY SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, here, I can drink my water, eat my dinner, watch CNN, and read the debates between Atheists and Christians or Texans and Californians or Republicans and Democrats.

It's a nice break.
Exactly! Kudos to you!

After dealing with protoplasm all day, it's nice to kick back with some soothing photons...

Except of course when "the urge" strikes - then you can all go hang!

Wulf: the only thing I can think of right now is that STTOS episode where the entire race of people are just little blobs of brain sitting under Pyrex cake dishes - they could think great thoughts and could even synthesize speech, but danged if they could do anything involving tallywhackers...

Old 07-15-2008, 06:58 AM

1,244 posts, read 3,233,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
You know what? I'm talented enough that I am NEVER just on the computer. I mess around on the computer WHILE I'm working, WHILE I watch TV, all kinds of things.
Gotta love talent and the ability to multi-task. I'm with you on that one.

Whenever I am not out and about with the kids doing other stuff outside the home and I am on here it is more often than not while and in between loads of laundry, cooking meals for a family of 7, cleaning house, watching and entertaining a 4 & 5 year old, monitoring the activities of 3 teenagers 15, 16, and 19, shopping ebay and amazon, and ohhhhhh yeah doing my school work too maintaining a 3.9 GPA in my Associates Degree with a major in Law Studies.

CD is really some down time for me from a very busy and active life.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:10 AM

36,867 posts, read 31,162,679 times
Well, Im at work. Im trapped in this building in front of this computer for 8+ hours so I need a diversion once in a while. Beats the hell out of mahjong. Once I leave here, no computer, not TV. I usually outside working in the yard, tending to my animals or visiting friends.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:22 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,671,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Once I leave here, no computer, not TV. I usually outside working in the yard, tending to my animals or visiting friends.
Now THAT is a real life!

As for multitasking - I dunno...

People driving around here seem to enjoy multitasking - reading newspapers, putting on makeup, talking on the phone, locating the nearest Dunkin Donuts with their GPS...

...makes me happy I only do one thing at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships