Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 07:03 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
You're not blaming him, are you?
No. At the time I wrote the post I was kicking myself for "falling back into old habits". Now that I've had time to think about it I just feel like it was a hot fling and I'm not upset at all. Just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean I won't give into the cravings every now and then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 07:48 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
No. At the time I wrote the post I was kicking myself for "falling back into old habits". Now that I've had time to think about it I just feel like it was a hot fling and I'm not upset at all. Just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean I won't give into the cravings every now and then
Heck yeah!! that's the attitude I'm talkin about!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:11 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
Ok...I'm so hot (online) that my hubby was suppose to be a one night stand.....20+ later I think we have the record of the longest one night stand EVER!

Dating and getting to know each other hasn't gone out of fashion. I loved watching my son woo his now wife...it was cool.
Sometimes you meet them and just know!

Don't give up. And don't beat yourself up.....brag!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:47 PM

16 posts, read 58,402 times
You're being too hard on yourself. Think of it as falling off of a diet and binging on chocolate cake! As long as you get back on track, you'll be fine and the binge will be a crazy (but yummy!) memory!

Old 07-23-2008, 09:11 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Well, I met this guy one night at a local pub and thought he was just the cutest thing ever. We chatted and shared a couple of kisses, but I neglected to offer my number or get his. I was bummed because I really had a spark with this guy (he's Argentine, in phenominal shape, and a great kisser too).

Anway, I was so happy last night to finally, after 6 weeks, run into him again. We chatted and flirted and he invited me to his house. Yeah, I did it, I slept with him.

I KNEW when he invited me to his house that that was all he wanted. Don't get me wrong, it was FANTASTIC, but not what I want in my life right now. I feel disappointed, cheap, and saddened. I'm not out "looking" for love, but I'm certainly open to the idea, but every guy I meet just wants a "wham, bam, thank you sam" and that's it Is dating and getting to know someone part of a bygone era?
You're obviously a smart and intelligent guy.

Chalk this up to experience.

I know that sounds callous. I don't mean it to be

You'll be OK.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:50 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
You're crying that he didn't ask for your number? Why didn't you ask for his? And why didn't you tell him you might want to see him again?

Seems to me that this is a two-way street. If you already felt it was a one-nighter, what did you have to lose by confessing you liked him?

If you're looking for a dating relationship, you have to try to get to know people in a way that prolongs the "getting to know you" phase.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:36 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
Hey at least you know where he lives, so next time you're feeling a little jiggy, just drive by and leave him a note with your number. Some times those late night booty calls are all you need .

Old 03-04-2014, 01:07 PM

29 posts, read 73,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Ohh those darned men, using us poor women! "It's all they're after, you know!" It's a two way street.
The OP is a man.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:28 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benbo123 View Post
The OP is a man.
And at this point, an old man. (This post is nearly six years old. Hell, the OP may not even BE a man any more...)

Old 03-04-2014, 03:26 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benbo123 View Post
The OP is a man.
Good job Benbo. It only took you four years to figure that out......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships