U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:39 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,594,452 times

Advertisements

I am considering throwing my significant other an adult party (with nice-looking females and all ) for him and his buddies for a very special occasion. But my dilemma comes from 2 facts:

1. Most cell phones now have either a camera or a videotape, and
2. My significant other has a career that involves a position of high power.

My fear is that someone or some of his buddies would take pictures or videotapes of this type of event that he will be involved in, and that the pictures or videotapes will be leaked to the public, or that someone that wants to see him out of the position (out of jealousy, or competition for the position) and use these pictures and videotapes as blackmails (I'm sure you've all seen some sort of pictures and videotapes of celebrities and politicians getting caught doing something that is not for anyone else's eyes).

So my question is: what would you do, if you were me, to make sure that these evidences will not be taken?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 03:46 PM

11,000 posts, read 22,950,780 times
Ummm. Maybe you shouldn't?
I'm probably as open-minded as the next person, but I don't know.

Or you could request that all attendees put their phones and recording devices in a little basket in the hallway, sorta like keys in a swap party?

Old 07-18-2008, 03:48 PM

42,835 posts, read 85,031,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I'd say... No party is worth loss of career.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:49 PM

3,871 posts, read 16,487,025 times
Choose wisely, not frivolously. Create an event that doesn't present what you already know is strong potential danger. Choose wisely.

Do you look at a hot stove, and determine all the ways and degrees you can get burned if you put your hand on the stove, then put your hand on the stove?
Choose wisely.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:

Or you could request that all attendees put their phones and recording devices in a little basket in the hallway, sorta like keys in a swap party?
That's what I figured too, but nowadays it seems that most people are attached to their cell phones, so I figure it would be ohsohard for these guys to do w/o their cell phones for however long they would be attending this adult event.

Plus, ehm... not to bash anyone, I noticed with other men that whenever they're out w/ their buddies (and they have their own significant others: girlfriends or wives), it seems very important to have their cell phones w/ them at ALL times, or these women would throw a kanipsh*t if god forbid these guys don't answer their phones while they are out. To me, it sounds ridiculous to have to always "check up" on your significant other every hour that they're gone, but hey, I guess I'm the weird one.

Also, sometimes, when you're drunk and are having fun, taking a photo out of your cell phone seems like the natural thing to do LOL!

That's where my dilemma comes from: if I ask these guys to put their phones in a box that I would provide, would their women flip out to the point that they would have to keep going out of the room for the party to check their phones?

Old 07-18-2008, 03:51 PM

58 posts, read 160,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
I am considering throwing my significant other an adult party (with nice-looking females and all ) for him and his buddies for a very special occasion. But my dilemma comes from 2 facts:

1. Most cell phones now have either a camera or a videotape, and
2. My significant other has a career that involves a position of high power.

My fear is that someone or some of his buddies would take pictures or videotapes of this type of event that he will be involved in, and that the pictures or videotapes will be leaked to the public, or that someone that wants to see him out of the position (out of jealousy, or competition for the position) and use these pictures and videotapes as blackmails (I'm sure you've all seen some sort of pictures and videotapes of celebrities and politicians getting caught doing something that is not for anyone else's eyes).

So my question is: what would you do, if you were me, to make sure that these evidences will not be taken?
I wouldn't risk it.

You sound like an awesome wife and all, but after all you mentioned there is no way that I would risk it, there are too many weird people out there that jealousy can bring them to do something very not nice.

But if you are sure and made up your mind that you want to do this for him then what I would do is make sure that everybody who enters the room, bar or wherever you're planning on doing this leaves cells, cameras out in a secure room. I would even get a security guard with one of those things that detect metal. I am sure everybody would understand and wouldn't mind.

I hope this helps!

Old 07-18-2008, 03:54 PM

2,412 posts, read 4,885,866 times
Boy there's a lot of thought going into these TGIF threads today!

Go to easter Island, I mean you can afford all that other crap, why not get far away enough where cell phones don't even work? And trust me, nothings more sensual than doin it, under the wwatchful eyes of one of those ancient heads, with a beauty who'll do anything to get off that damned island!

Old 07-18-2008, 03:54 PM

271 posts, read 1,023,306 times
Quote:

Yes, but i doubt guests will be willing to give up their cell phone, i know i wouldn't. I think if poster is that worried about, it's probably best she doesn't have this kind of party...........i don't see anything wrong with this type of party whatsoever, but we all know how some concervative people can be. This may be asking for trouble, if his career is on the line......then it aint worth it.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:57 PM

Yes, that's very true, alot of people wouldn't want to part with their phones, even if that would mean leaving their cell phones in their cars or whatnot.

Another reason I mention as another reason why other men (just SOME, not all) can't part w/ their phones is that they don't want their wives/ GF's to freak out when they can't pick up their phones for an hour, especially if they know that the men are out w/ other "scintillating" ladies...

Old 07-18-2008, 04:01 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,355,665 times
If you are questioning what you are planning...then I say do not do it!!

If you know that something like this could ruin his career...why would you still want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships