Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Yes and I have since changed my locks and phone numbers
lol-omg Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 11:40 PM

I didn't "meet" anyone from here..talked to on the phone yes.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:48 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
lol-omg Really?
Just kidding as per usual

Old 01-23-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Just kidding as per usual
Oh ok...just checking. I met net men in my 20's but never had to change anything...we said that we were done with each other and it was. I have even seen a few ex's in town. They are married now and have kids. I'm glad they did well for themselves.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:55 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I have been a member here at CDF since 2007 and have met some fantastic people BUT about a year and a half ago we befriended someone who had moved to our state from CA...we met and went out to lunch and that went very well then we had her and her family to our house and by the fourth time we really realized that we had made a mistake as there were huge differences in our relationship and I found they had come to our state and had taken advantage of "the system" and knew how to use it and I really took offense to this as we are really hard honest working people...after a while the drama got to be too much to deal with and to make a very long story short I started to just ignore this person and she eventually asked me what my problem was and I said we just had different personalities...before I knew it I was being so harassed to the point I eventually had to get a lawyer...from her own doings and craziness she was eventually tossed from CDF but kept reappearing under a different name and was harassing everyone I was associated with. Eventually she appeared on another forum and it continued as she was putting private info out there and making up a lot of stories that could have effected my job and attacked my character and anyone that posted with me. It was horrible. We did nothing to this person yet she did everything to make me look bad as well as my family all because we were no longer friends....
This past October we actually had to get the District Attorney's office involved as the harassment continued although I had absolutely no contact with her for over a year.

Psycho.

Beware as not all people are what they seem to be.

I have also made friends with some really great people at City-Data. This one was just plain crazy.
WOW! I'm sorry you went through that!

Old 01-24-2010, 08:02 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Rance, one of the Mods, is going to get married to a girl he met on here. Her screen name is Sweden. Here are a couple of the threads //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...me-thread.html //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...me-thread.html
Nice!

Old 01-24-2010, 08:10 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
Quote:
Yes and I have since changed my locks and phone numbers
lol..wow that must've been bad.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:14 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
Yes, some of the people on the Cincinnati forum have meet ups every few months. Goyguy started this and it's just kind of taken off. I've met some really wonderful people, had some very lively discussions, and look forward to our next get together.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:52 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
Yes, I've met a few people in person from City Data and have gotten to be good friends with them. There are quite a few others I would also like to meet in the future. I met a City Data friend from England when I was invited to her wedding several months ago which was a very enjoyable experience. That's one of the great things about the internet.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:00 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Not for dating, but I have met some people from the Florida forum...locals.
Sounds like fun, when is the next one??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships