Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 09:50 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times

Advertisements

As far as Asian Americans NOT be attracted to blacks here in the United States I dont think its as true especially with people younger than 40 years old. I have posted here many times that here in LA most of the really hot Asian women who I see who both work at the gym and who workout regularly are almost dating black guys.

On almost any given day, I run across an Asian female/black male couple. Again, these are usually Asians who were born and raised here in the U.S.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:42 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
First of all, you don't speak for all Asians. Second of all, why do you have such a vested interest in perpetuating this idea that Asians aren't attracted to Blacks? You almost sound threatened...
How do you figure that? It's not as if I ever have to date black men... and there are billions of genetically pure Asians. I was just stating what the general attitude that most Asians in the world have towards people that have darker skin tones than they do. And they don't even find dark skinned Asians as desirable mates.

You're the one that sounds mad. And what's the big deal anyway? No one race or look person is universally attractive to everyone. Each individual person has their preferences as to what they find attractive and what traits they want in their life mate. I know that not every man finds me attractive, and I don't let it bother me. In fact, I would really hate to be some gorgeous pinup model Moderator cut: pg13 Ew. That's even disgusting to imagine. All I need is to have my man love me, not anyone else. And the best thing is that he loves the inner me so much. I win. That is all.

Last edited by Keeper; 01-20-2009 at 03:28 PM..

Old 01-19-2009, 11:55 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
As far as Asian Americans NOT be attracted to blacks here in the United States I dont think its as true especially with people younger than 40 years old. I have posted here many times that here in LA most of the really hot Asian women who I see who both work at the gym and who workout regularly are almost dating black guys.

On almost any given day, I run across an Asian female/black male couple. Again, these are usually Asians who were born and raised here in the U.S.
You're right. Asian Americans are more open minded to dating blacks. However, it depends on their nationality and how close they are to their parents, and how traditional their family attitudes are. The more traditional the family, the more important it is for them to keep their racial bloodlines pure. And if the Asian family is at all successful academically, then those wanting to be part of the family better be geeks as well. Asian grandparents and parents won't hesitate to disown a younger member that marries someone deemed unsuitable.

One of our Chinese male friends who is almost 30 is planning to marry Chinese even though his current girlfriend is white. It's very important to him to have children that are 100% Chinese. And part of that is because of his family's wishes that he's grown up with. One of his female cousins just married a white guy, and he wasn't very happy about that. He couldn't understand why she couldn't find a Chinese man to marry. Other than that, the rest of his family and extended family are all Chinese with Chinese people.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:46 PM

937 posts, read 2,833,437 times
Black guys just need to quit acting like women of all races want them.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:00 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
You guys got issues.

Well there are women of every race who do like black men, so what's your point?

There are women of every race who like white men, so what's your point?

There are women of every race who like hispanic men, so what's your point?

There are women of every race who like asian men, so what's your point?

As a black man who has dated different races of women, yes there are women in about 7 different races or more who have wanted me.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:05 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
And to be fair and accurate....Asian women need to also stop thinking that ALL men want them, too!

Old 01-19-2009, 06:06 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I came across this video on ABC News. Even in Africa, being a lighter skinned black is preferred to being a dark skinned black person.

The Dangers of becoming 'White': In Senegal, bleaching your skin is seen as a way of getting ahead. 01/12/2009

Link to video: ABC News
Because the world is influenced by eurocentricity. If the world was controlled through afrocentricity, then most of this world would prefer dark skinned peoples. Light skin is what asians are most used to.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
You guys got issues.

Well there are women of every race who do like black men, so what's your point?

There are women of every race who like white men, so what's your point?

There are women of every race who like hispanic men, so what's your point?

There are women of every race who like asian men, so what's your point?

As a black man who has dated different races of women, yes there are women in about 7 different races or more who have wanted me.
Good for you. No one cares to hear "omg all white women want me, omg all asian women want me". Not hardly. They want the image (rap, money).

Old 01-19-2009, 09:58 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Good for you. No one cares to hear "omg all white women want me, omg all asian women want me". Not hardly. They want the image (rap, money).
Well, when I was hit on in Japan by young ladies, it had nothing to do with rap or money. Sorry to inform you of that.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Well, when I was hit on in Japan by young ladies, it had nothing to do with rap or money. Sorry to inform you of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships