Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 11:30 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,457,187 times

Advertisements

I got one from him, too! He told me to take my alien ass back to Mexico! *lol*

Old 08-10-2008, 11:44 PM

266 posts, read 1,235,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouthga View Post
Serious question from a white women's perspective.

I have seen white, hispanic, asian, and native american women. Who date or only date black dudes. 75% of the time they date a dark brown or darkskin black male and not a lightskin male. I have several puerto rican, flipino, japanese, italian, columbian, and white girlfriends. And almost all their black boyfriends, or husbands are darker brown skin.On the flip side, Most white, hispanic, and asian guys. When they name black girls they're attracted to. It's halle berry, beyonce, mariah carey, or vanessa williams are beautiful and pretty. Basically never a darkskin black women but always lighter skin.
Why the double standard when it comes to beauty? Why are men allowed to be darker but not women.
Well aren't most blacks in America medium to dark skinned? Odds are you'll run into a dark one than a light one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
If one rides the subways or light rails in this country, they will see some large black mamas on there. No offense, folks, but there are some BIG ones...and some big white ones, too.*
*not at all good for their blood pressure, cholesterol, nor glucose
This is a nation of FAT AS***. Black guys like it like that. Its ingrained in their genes. Africans and Arabs traditionally prized voluptuous women for centuries. Thin to average women are prized by white and East Asian men.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:04 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soju View Post
Thin to average women are prized by white and East Asian men.
Actually, in both Japanese and Chinese traditional cultures, being plump was a sign of prosperity. Being thin was an indication of being poor. In Japanese folklore, Kintaro was a plump golden boy that sprang from a peach. He had many adventures and loved to eat. Buddha is fat. One rubs the tummy of a Buddha statue for luck. Also one touches a fat person for good luck in China. Anyway, that's what my mom has told me. Plus all that stuff about dark skinned Asian people being peasants and farm laborers and why having a lighter coloured skin is better.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:07 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
Quote:

I have seen white, hispanic, asian, and native american women. Who date or only date black dudes. 75% of the time they date a dark brown or darkskin black male and not a lightskin male. I have several puerto rican, flipino, japanese, italian, columbian, and white girlfriends. And almost all their black boyfriends, or husbands are darker brown skin.

On the flip side, Most white, hispanic, and asian guys. When they name black girls they're attracted to. It's halle berry, beyonce, mariah carey, or vanessa williams are beautiful and pretty. Basically never a darkskin black women but always lighter skin.

Why the double standard when it comes to beauty? Why are men allowed to be darker but not women.

I'm a white women who mostly like's brown skin or darker skin black males. Even though i think Chris brown is a cutie.
Maybe because the guys have a large package and the women have no "extraordinary" features to speak of.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:41 AM

754 posts, read 1,449,299 times
I think it's because we're all mindless individuals that follow the trends and don't think for ourselves. Meaning, if you look at today's standard of beauty it's still white, blond hair, blue eyes etc. Society is just now starting to realize that there are plenty of women who do not fit that description that are just as beautiful. It's not necessarily the case for men. The scale of attractiveness for men, is a little more forgiving so you'll find plenty of men who do not fit a specific mold that are accepted in the mainstream as attractive.

But for women, specifically Black women ( I'm a black woman), you have to look as close to the American standard of beauty in order to be accepted as beautiful. Other than Naomi Campbell and Alek Wek, you won't see too many dark skinned sista's being acknowledged as beautiful. Personally, I tend to agree with something Whoopie Goldberg said in the 80's in reference to her looks. "If 90% of America thinks I'm ugly, that's ok because me and the other 10% will be having a good time." In other words, don't worry about what other people think. That's one of the reasons that women of all races are so messed up now. Too busy caring about what other people think.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:55 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
wclac is not a member anymore!! But I think that he just sent me a cuss DM under the member name of "F' women!"... he really hates women.
With any luck that should reduce some of the negativity towards women around here! I noticed that his comments were starting to draw a small clique of woman haters. Maybe they will move on now too. Here's hoping!

Old 08-11-2008, 06:09 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,079,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Have you noticed that the dark skinned black guys all have incredible bodies? They all seem to have very very little body fat and lots of natural muscles. The majority of dark skinned black women tend to be overweight/fat/obese. Heard on the radio Friday that 71% of African American/Black women in the US are overweight.
While I've heard of this stereo type for black women unfortunately, I never heard or noticed this with light skinned men. I know some light skinned black men with very tight hard bodies. My H is Puerto Rican and he is very white in the winter, but you can tell he's got some black in him by his curly hair and juicy lips and other features (his grandfather is a brown skinned Brazilian while the other family looks very Spanish/Taino Indian), his body is as tight as a drum with probably 0% body fat (he doesn't diet). So I dunno about this theory.. But anyway, this is less to the point really because I think the greater question is why black women are so marginalized in America. Really f'n sad if you ask me.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Maybe because the guys have a large package and the women have no "extraordinary" features to speak of.
Definitely do not feed into the stereotype of complexion having anything at all to do with package size. Ethnicity maybe, but complexion no. My H's package is humongous and he's quite white until the sun hits him in the summer. Then there was my 10 year on and off again booty call who was a very light skinned black guy and his was also gigantic. Same goes for other light skinned Puerto Ricans I've been out with.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
With any luck that should reduce some of the negativity towards women around here! I noticed that his comments were starting to draw a small clique of woman haters. Maybe they will move on now too. Here's hoping!
Honestly, that guy is so sick I strongly feel he is either suicidal (hence I know I shouldn't be writing this and why I would often refrain from engaging with him) or an up and coming serial rapist. I mean that's how much this boy despises women. Wonder what happened to him in life to have such a colored view of women.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:30 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,887 times
Long story short.........

Darker black men represent strength ~which is also why they are the most hated man in America.

Darker skin on a black women represents the same thing and when dealing with a culture that says that women are supposed to be weaker, this is a bad thing as well.

Quote:

I have seen white, hispanic, asian, and native american women. Who date or only date black dudes. 75% of the time they date a dark brown or darkskin black male and not a lightskin male. I have several puerto rican, flipino, japanese, italian, columbian, and white girlfriends. And almost all their black boyfriends, or husbands are darker brown skin.

On the flip side, Most white, hispanic, and asian guys. When they name black girls they're attracted to. It's halle berry, beyonce, mariah carey, or vanessa williams are beautiful and pretty. Basically never a darkskin black women but always lighter skin.

I'm a white women who mostly like's brown skin or darker skin black males. Even though i think Chris brown is a cutie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships