Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2008, 08:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

I see you liked this lovely site...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 09:39 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I see you liked this lovely site...
Loved it.

But then, I'm partial to the truth...

Old 08-28-2008, 09:43 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Loved it.

But then, I'm partial to the truth...
Fair'nuff...

Old 08-31-2008, 11:59 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,683,905 times
Wow, that totally summed it up right there, particularly "Self-confident, caring, decent-hearted women find "Nice Guys" to be too clingy, self-abasing, and insecure." My sentiments exactly!

Old 08-31-2008, 02:24 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
...because just like some guys want to hump a hot woman just for the fun of it, sometimes gals just want to bang a bad boy just for the he11 of it. Nothin' wrong with that--girls just wanna have fun, too.
That and the fact that those rugged good looks are something we wouldn't mind passing on to our kids. Like it or not, beautiful people are more successful in society. Things like height and build are inheritable.

Honestly, I think the laws of attraction are governed by what gives out offspring the best chance at survival. Unfortunately, that's often one man who is a good provider but the genes of another with desirable physical traits.

I remember reading a genetic study that held that something like 40% of children born during one 10 year period of time (before birth control) were not sired by the man whose name appeared on their birth certificate. (Or maybe it was 40% of familys had one child or more that was not fathered by the father. Anyway, it was a shockingly high percentage.)

Old 08-31-2008, 06:14 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,683,905 times
more good responses from that site on what makes "nice guys" unattractive

http://www.heartless-*******.com/ran...redicate.shtml

Heartless ******* International - Nice guys we can do without

Old 08-31-2008, 08:28 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
I liked that one - very true!

Old 09-01-2008, 07:15 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,629 times
I should not start with you but here it goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
That and the fact that those rugged good looks are something we wouldn't mind passing on to our kids. Like it or not, beautiful people are more successful in society. Things like height and build are inheritable.
Rugged good looks? So only bad boys have this. Heigh and build are inheritable, true sort of but if you ever really look at the bad boys grandparents you might see a huge hump. For having lived a very cowardly existence. And for height it all depends. Someone might have tall parents but might come out short. It does not mean he cannot have taller children whereas if someone who is tall but has short parents most likely means that he will produce short children.
Quote:
Honestly, I think the laws of attraction are governed by what gives out offspring the best chance at survival. Unfortunately, that's often one man who is a good provider but the genes of another with desirable physical traits.
Not a very smart comment. Since when have every women been more desirable than most men? Most men fight over like three percent of the female population. Again, genes dictate build so just because one might be good looking at a younger age does not mean he/she will age good. I'd rather pass the genes of someone who ages well with little disease than someone who does not.
Quote:
I remember reading a genetic study that held that something like 40% of children born during one 10 year period of time (before birth control) were not sired by the man whose name appeared on their birth certificate. (Or maybe it was 40% of familys had one child or more that was not fathered by the father. Anyway, it was a shockingly high percentage.)
Not a very smart comment again. Its 10% of all married men father a child that is not theirs without them knowing about any of it. And if the figure is so high as you say it could be just because women make very poor decisions to not use protection and then to have the child once pregnant. It leaves for very few women who do not have children with their partner before they ever meet. I mean whats so serious about having a child today. Just about everyone has an opportunity to live a good life without dying from mother nature. The very same thing you are talking about. When humans go back to living in nature than the thins you say might have some revelence only to the extent that we will see what really is desirable to the survival of the human species.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:38 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
I dont think we 'fall' for the bad boy types in some ways. Who wants a womanizer? But sadly, many get fooled into believing they are the only, and the sad fact is, those good-looking, tall, stocky, well built guys usually (in my experience), turn out to be players. Which doesnt leave much more to choose from unless they are desperate because they cant land anyone else. In many ways, theres nothing in common except the desperation, so sometimes we end up sacrificing our own happiness because of lack of options. You cant have one that you have many things in common with, without some type of 'catch' to it.
So....that leaves only two options. Hook up with the less desirable one you dont really want to just because there are no other choices, or hook up with the tall, good-lookin, adventerous, not afraid to try new things player type of guy. Most will choose the latter. This again, is coming from my own past experiences in life.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:48 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I dont think we 'fall' for the bad boy types in some ways. Who wants a womanizer? But sadly, many get fooled into believing they are the only, and the sad fact is, those good-looking, tall, stocky, well built guys usually (in my experience), turn out to be players. Which doesnt leave much more to choose from unless they are desperate because they cant land anyone else. In many ways, theres nothing in common except the desperation, so sometimes we end up sacrificing our own happiness because of lack of options. You cant have one that you have many things in common with, without some type of 'catch' to it.
So....that leaves only two options. Hook up with the less desirable one you dont really want to just because there are no other choices, or hook up with the tall, good-lookin, adventerous, not afraid to try new things player type of guy. Most will choose the latter. This again, is coming from my own past experiences in life.
That's not always the case, your options are not limited as you mentioned. They are as limited as you think they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships