Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 12:58 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,163,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
It's always hard at the beginning...
lol......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 01:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
It's always hard at the beginning...
At least this part seems to be easy for most. Don't wanna think what pains you're (uh, they) experiencing later on... Probably as excruciating as those some folks must feel if they have to say something honest for a change and avoid it at all cost.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:09 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
At least this part seems to be easy for most. Don't wanna think what pains you're (uh, they) experiencing later on... Probably as excruciating as those some folks must feel if they have to say something honest for a change and avoid it at all cost.
I would LOVE to see a map of your brain - just to figure out the thought processes.

Mapquest would get lost...

Lemme see..."easy for most"...uh-huh, OK, got it.

"Pains experiencing later on"...ED? Singing the Refractory Blues? Urge to void?

Now the great leap of logic - the non sequitur to beat all non sequiturs...

Quote:
Probably as excruciating as those some folks must feel if they have to say something honest for a change and avoid it at all cost.
Are you saying that the male satisfies his physical lust first, and then and only then attends to the emotional?

Or that the physical is a lie?

Or...what?

PS: Is Berlitz coming out with a Sierra-to-Normal translation soon?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
I would LOVE to see a map of your brain - just to figure out the thought processes.

Mapquest would get lost...

Lemme see..."easy for most"...uh-huh, OK, got it.

"Pains experiencing later on"...ED? Singing the Refractory Blues? Urge to void?

Now the great leap of logic - the non sequitur to beat all non sequiturs...

Are you saying that the male satisfies his physical lust first, and then and only then attends to the emotional?

Or that the physical is a lie?

Or...what?

PS: Is Berlitz coming out with a Sierra-to-Normal translation soon?
Oh, God - what's with that word salad?! I was just illustrating the strengh of the pain... that's all... nothing more... nothing less... nothing vicious...

My brain... can't help ya right now. I'll be sure to have it shipped to ya when time comes. I'd imagine the most curious area is probably in the blind spot under my horn.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:23 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Darn - OK, OK, so he was a "good" boy.

...but you have to admit - he played a bad one to perfection. The kind that's more mental than physical, refined rather than vulgar.
Otherwise, old school bad boys would be Sinatra's Rat Pack, Marlon Brando and James Dean... Elvis Presley, the Rolling Stones, even the Beatles. Except for having lots of money (perhaps), once their looks faded, they weren't heartthrobs anymore, at least for me.

As much as I wanted to be a successful rock musician in my 20's, there was always a part of me that liked going home alone to my apartment and my pug dog and cat Spot every night. I didn't want a life on the road touring. I went to an all night private dance club once in NYC (The Saint at the old Fillmore East) and around 3am I feel asleep in a seat on the sidelines. My girlfriend woke me up around 7am for the continental breakfast being served on the bar, and then we went back to her place. lol I was such a lightweight partier.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Otherwise, old school bad boys would be Sinatra's Rat Pack, Marlon Brando and James Dean... Elvis Presley, the Rolling Stones, even the Beatles. Except for having lots of money (perhaps), once their looks faded, they weren't heartthrobs anymore, at least for me.
It's funny you chose these as examples - they have ALL had some scandalous times - I mean scandalous even for bad boys. Not in the same league with Burns at all. But I agree that they defined what a bad boy was "back in the day".

Heck, Sinatra is still a God in Little Italy!

Quote:
As much as I wanted to be a successful rock musician in my 20's, there was always a part of me that liked going home alone to my apartment and my pug dog and cat Spot every night. I didn't want a life on the road touring. I went to an all night private dance club once in NYC (The Saint at the old Fillmore East) and around 3am I feel asleep in a seat on the sidelines. My girlfriend woke me up around 7am for the continental breakfast being served on the bar, and then we went back to her place. lol I was such a lightweight partier.
Unfortunately I was a little too young to enjoy the Fillmore's 3-year run, but I've heard it was spectacular. I got stuck with CBGB, Studio 54 and HellFire.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
miu

I never made it to Studio 54, but I did go to CBGB's a few times AND I was there just before they closed their doors. The Dead Kennedys were one of the last bands to play there.

Otherwise, what I was trying to get at was that I'm a rational person when it comes to relationships. And with bad boys, they can be fun for a passing flirt, but I'm not dumb enough to want to spend the rest of my life with one as my s/o. And one easy way to recover from a crush on one is to imagine how they will look in 10 or 20 years or to think about what STD's they might be carrying.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I never made it to Studio 54, but I did go to CBGB's a few times AND I was there just before they closed their doors. The Dead Kennedys were one of the last bands to play there.
The Dead Kennedys - wow - that brings me back.

Quote:
Otherwise, what I was trying to get at was that I'm a rational person when it comes to relationships. And with bad boys, they can be fun for a passing flirt, but I'm not dumb enough to want to spend the rest of my life with one as my s/o. And one easy way to recover from a crush on one is to imagine how they will look in 10 or 20 years or to think about what STD's they might be carrying.
Understood. But you might be in trouble when you get one that still looks hot and has a clean bill of health.

...it's been known to happen.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:06 PM

103 posts, read 366,939 times
Simple...nice guys are BOREING Ripley

Old 08-13-2008, 03:42 PM
miu

Quote:
Understood. But you might be in trouble when you get one that still looks hot and has a clean bill of health.

...it's been known to happen.
Haha! I have an image of a bad boy flirting hard with me and then to try to seal the deal, he whips open his wallet to show me his certificate of health.

Also, a real bonafide bad boy is trouble enough to me to turn him down... but a nice guy who is role playing for the night... hmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships