Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:25 PM

123 posts, read 351,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Assuming that you're sending him right along...

I like somebody that is serious intellect as in a grad from a top ten school preferrably with a higher degree. I want him to be tough and driven but kind and a good listener. (My favorite movie is Bourne) He should realize that I'm smart and like to be in charge on an equal basis. He should be well traveled and be as comfortable at the shore as in a five star hotel. His greatest degree of knowledge should be in finance and best if he's worked in that field and well connected.

He should be charming, ethical and patriotic. He should be generous, not a daredevil, and ready to enjoy a more quiet refined lifestyle with a certain amount of travel. He should enjoy history, discussing current events, politics, and going to museums and the symphony. A plus if he cooks with me, knows more construction than I do, same with foreign sports cars. A dry sense of humor is fine as is a bit of respectful irreverance. Oh, and he should be romantic and respect women.

He shouldn't whine if I beat him at golf, nor should he spend time watching sports on tv. Computer games, forget it. Nasty, mean, cheap the same. Self absorbed - no. Lacking class, unh huh.

Waiting...
Get in line. LOL. I want him too! ;D

I also want him to be good with kids of any ages...cause this is one of the telling signs that he is patient and kind.

Next steps: For me to find him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 07:03 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This list seems a little more "doable"
Sometimes I dream. Hasn't hurt me yet.

I just watched the Bill Engval? show/sitcom--someone like that would be nice.

In this episode his daughter was getting ready for her first prom and his wife became intense. When he learned why he responded with sensitivity to both his wife and daughter and with a sense of humor.

Paula Dean found a guy 'after the kids' were grown. Things seem to be working out pretty well for them. Owns a shrimp boat or maybe now a shrimp company.

Live and learn. Today I'm mowing the grass--anything but posting on the internet.

TakeAhike

Old 08-13-2008, 09:12 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Live and learn. Today I'm mowing the grass--anything but posting on the internet.

TakeAhike
Oh, c'mon - where's "sense of humor" on that list of yours? When I first read it, I too thought it was stone-cold serious.

You should have given people like me - people without a clue - a heads-up.

Otherwise, we psychos tend to form a huge, congealing mass and attack with blunt words and semi-sharp farm implements...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships