Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 07:49 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
wow.......little angry there are we?
Who are you?

A peson with time to kill?

Probably analyze others for a hobby. Have at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 09:04 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,163,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Who are you?

A peson with time to kill?

Probably analyze others for a hobby. Have at it.
lol....okay, well....my friends call me lola but my name's Lori.....and yea, pretty much have time to kill during work hours but who doesn't? Analyze others??? mmmmm not really.....I guess you can just say sometimes it's pretty obvious, no need for analitical thinking

lol.....smile

Old 08-14-2008, 09:34 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
As America gets more overweight and the lower class continues to grow, I have noticed that there are more and more ugly looking people walking the streets. I point them out to my wife all the time and some of these people are just plain gross looking. (I am not being to harsh).

I know a few real ugly people myself and they are single and dating over the Internet. I always wanted to be a fly on the wall when they meet their blind date who has only seen a 15 year old doctored picture.

Some of the physically ugly people I know have wonderful personalities so can make up the difference. Others are still looking for love and are ugly physically and personally.

What do you think about dating physically ugly people? (It could be that they let themselves go or just were given bad genes, regardless they are ugly)
I'm really kind of sick of the ugly vs pretty stuff. People that are "pretty" woman or man seem to be f'up about looks. Putting way too much stock into it.

It's like people that are good looking don't need to develop social skills because they rely on their looks too much. I now that is a generalization and that there are plenty of good looking people who can keep a proper perspective.

I realize that looks do matter to some degree, you don't look across a room and say "my she has a great personality".

I've been called handsome and while it's nice you really can't get caught up in it because obviously looks fade and all you're left is with memories of how you were once good looking.

Just my 2 cents

Old 08-14-2008, 09:40 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,398,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Aaaawwww...

Did you ever try to contact him after?
No, you have to know when it's really over. Since, I broke his heart--I prefer to leave him alone.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:17 PM

86 posts, read 190,222 times
I've dated guys that i thought were the sexiest guys ever and no one could tell me different, although more often than not some have tried. I guess it's all in what you think is attractive or ugly.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:21 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,374,833 times
I wonder if anyone would put their hard earned money into backing a movie where the leading role was given to a physically unattractive person unless it was a comedy, I can hear it now....what a personality...lol

Replace John Travolta with Yogi Berra in Ghost and pass it off as a chick flick.....oh wait that is a comedy

Old 08-15-2008, 01:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Nobody wants to see a freak of nature on the silver screen for 2 hours, come on now we all know HollyWood is not "for real"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I wonder if anyone would put their hard earned money into backing a movie where the leading role was given to a physically unattractive person unless it was a comedy, I can hear it now....what a personality...lol

Replace John Travolta with Yogi Berra in Ghost and pass it off as a chick flick.....oh wait that is a comedy

Old 08-16-2008, 09:35 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,768 times
The first guy I ever dated was considered "ugly" by most. He was built okay, just didn't have a very attractive face. However, he was the funniest person I had ever met and eventually became one of the best-looking people I have ever known.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:51 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Did he have a six pack abs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content_Christian View Post
The first guy I ever dated was considered "ugly" by most. He was built okay, just didn't have a very attractive face. However, he was the funniest person I had ever met and eventually became one of the best-looking people I have ever known.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:42 PM

822 posts, read 3,002,498 times
I think it would be fair to say that my ex is considered to be an ugly man. When I thought he was charismatic, kind and caring, I didn't care. But when I started to see the really, really bad parts of him coming out, suddenly one day I looked at him and just thought "yikes!". I think that's a fair assessment: when he was kind, I didn't care. But then I was stuck with someone who was ugly *and* mean. A bad combination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships