Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 12:24 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,456,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
LOL ya a bunch of people using each other....when does it ever work out right or does it ever?
It works when the truth is upfront and out in the open.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:24 PM

1,360 posts, read 2,951,063 times
Default This sounds pretty archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6 View Post
If you had kids you might just rethink the whole relationship between sex and love. It was when I had my first kid that I saw the strength and beauty of love/sex/reproduction being interrelated. Having only two legs of that three legged stool is good, but you can't quite sit and rest on it. One leg is really inadequate.
Looking back on this it sounds pretty extreme. I guess there's no graceful way to back out of it but in hindsight I would exchange the word reproduction with "marriage". If you agreed with me the first time- I respect the hell out of you- but thats not where I was going when I started the original post. sheeesh....

Old 08-14-2008, 12:26 PM

444 posts, read 1,049,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I'm glad you don't have kids because you'd be teaching them wrong.

Usually people that have sex with each other should at least be friends or at peace with each other but whatever floats your boat...each of us are different...I prefer to stay friends with my lovers.
You would say that to your heartbroken daughter after she has been used buy her boyfriend?! You shouldn't have kids. What a horrible thing to teach them!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:30 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
I blame this crap on fairy tales that we're told as little girls and Harlequin romance novels when we're older.
OMG I have made this exact statement I don't know how many times!!!!! How many divorces are caused when a harried wife, with a couple of kids tugging on her skirt, looks around and says.... "This isn't the way I was TOLD it would be" and decides...."Screw it, I'm out of here", and goes off to look for Prince Charming II, only to discover that the fairy tale will NEVER be true and that you can either accept life for what it is, or search forever for something that does not exist.

The romance novel writers of the world have done humanity a huge disservice, IMHO.

Reps to you SanAntoQT!

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-14-2008, 12:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
OMG I have made this exact statement I don't know how many times!!!!! How many divorces are caused when a harried wife, with a couple of kids tugging on her skirt, looks around and says.... "This isn't the way I was TOLD it would be" and decides...."Screw it, I'm out of here", and goes off to look for Prince Charming II, only to discover that the fairy tale will NEVER be true and that you can either accept life for what it is, or search forever for something that does not exist.
You're right! I've come to the understanding that the choice pretty much is between wanting to be married or not. The partner doesn't matter as much. With each new one you acquire just a different set of problems to adjust to all over again. If you'd rather be married, better deal with the known devil because the next one may very well have bigger horns....

Old 08-14-2008, 12:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
What are you talking about.....I'm pro relationships...ugh...weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy15161 View Post
You would say that to your heartbroken daughter after she has been used buy her boyfriend?! You shouldn't have kids. What a horrible thing to teach them!

Old 08-14-2008, 01:01 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,277 times
This thread is supposed to be about the nuts and bolts. We need real ideas that work folks! Not a bunch of moral broo-haha!

I've only had sex on the first date once, and the first date was preceeded by much chatting on the internet.

I like the beer and saying what they want to hear approach, it has promise and has been noted.

The huge amounts of cash suggestion isn't feasible.

OK, get cracking. Let those creative juices flow!

Old 08-14-2008, 01:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
Have you missed the post about the fake ATM receipts not long ago (the guy was writing his phone number on them )?

Old 08-14-2008, 01:09 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Well Jefetio either she will or she wont. Go out with women that are looking for a good roll in the hay, let her know what your intentions are then wine and dine her. Its not really that difficult.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:09 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Make a lot of deep eye contact and somehow get on a sexual topic of conversation but nothing perverse and stand real close to your potential mate .... after a while just ask if you want to chill back at your place or her place, it worked on me before....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
This thread is supposed to be about the nuts and bolts. We need real ideas that work folks! Not a bunch of moral broo-haha!

I've only had sex on the first date once, and the first date was preceeded by much chatting on the internet.

I like the beer and saying what they want to hear approach, it has promise and has been noted.

OK, get cracking. Let those creative juices flow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships