Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 03:32 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I doubt I have dated a really dumb person, but I'm sure all the women that dated me has.
That's funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 03:33 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I never have of course but was curious if you have any fantastic stories to tell....

Yes. I dated one guy a couple of times...and he was pretty dumb.

I was in community college as a precursor to local university. I was in an English class with this guy. Good looking, nice enough. He asked me if I'd help tutor him in the English class. I said sure.

So, I THOUGHT I was starting out with the basics, but he didn't understand the basics...like...what's an adjective, what's an adverb, noun, object of the verb...etc. So then I'd mentally back up, and explain what a noun was, what an adjective was, what a verb was, and on and on. And he wasn't getting it. I was kind of shocked.

But then he asked me out...so maybe it was all a ruse to just talk to me and ask me out. lol

Old 02-26-2018, 10:04 AM

95 posts, read 89,351 times
Can dumb mean ditsy? I have dated one woman in my life that was very sheltered from suburbia that had a college degree but zero real world skills and was only interested in finances and looks. I was ghosted pretty quickly although it didn't really bother me at all.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:03 PM

1,531 posts, read 2,419,967 times
Years ago my sister was dating a really good looking guy whose intellect was questionable. Four couples went out to a bar for burgers and a couple of beers. Because it was a table of eight the waitress added a tip per the menu, no surprise. Decision was made to devide the bill by eight as we all had about the same thing. My sisters guy gets the bill and says "wait a minute who ordered the gratuity"? We looked at him as if he were nuts. He insisted that some one ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, "gratuity fish" and should pay more.

We remind her every Christmas of the evening and she always comes back with how good looking he was.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Years ago my sister was dating a really good looking guy whose intellect was questionable. Four couples went out to a bar for burgers and a couple of beers. Because it was a table of eight the waitress added a tip per the menu, no surprise. Decision was made to devide the bill by eight as we all had about the same thing. My sisters guy gets the bill and says "wait a minute who ordered the gratuity"? We looked at him as if he were nuts. He insisted that some one ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, "gratuity fish" and should pay more.

We remind her every Christmas of the evening and she always comes back with how good looking he was.

Oh my God! That's hilarious!

Old 02-26-2018, 03:40 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
YES!

I met her at a party. She was gorgeous. Had a great smile. Didn't say much. I was 18, so I attributed it to shyness.

After two hours, I realized she was dumb. I mean dumber than dirt. Dumber than a box of hair. You couldn't talk to her about anything. Sweet personality, but I knew that there was nothing there.
I've never dated anyone I'd call stupid, but I've certainly met and worked with people who are stupid. I always wonder who would be attracted to this person, and for what reason.

They say there is a lid for every pot, but with some really stupid people, what would be the qualities of a lid that was attracted to a really dumb pot ? Gotta wonder about the attraction.

When I was in college I worked part time at a local business. A year or so after I was hired, they hired another guy, about my same age, that was described by the gals I worked with as a "greek god" type....meaning he was handsome. I will agree he certainly was a good looking guy. Trouble is....after week or so working with him, all of the gals agreed that he was as dumb as a box of rocks. Beautiful to look at, but painful to work with. Happy ending for him though....since his dad was well connected in the business community, he ended up working for a company his dad was a higher ranking official with....so he did end up with a job.

Another side of that story, I ended up marrying one of the gals I worked with, and we've now been married just shy of 33 years! So, I/we had a happy ending too! We still occasionally joke about the "greek god" guy. I'm certainly not in that league....but I sure have more going on upstairs, I think :-)

Old 02-26-2018, 05:22 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Can't say I have. Sure some weren't all that good in school but dumb? Nah... Some are fairly smart in other ways.....

Old 02-26-2018, 05:24 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I'm pretty sure I dated some dumb when I was younger, brains weren't a priority.

In adulthood? No. I weeded them out before any dating occurred.

LOVE the gratuity story, that's priceless.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-26-2018, 06:18 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times
One.... He claimed knowing how to do things by watching his parents. The big thing was cooking. Most of things he had cooked or baked turned out horrible or bland. He was offended by me helping and wanted to do it all on his own. Once he absentmindedly put the pasta sauce in the water that was meant for the noodles. I was like, wtf. The relationship didn’t last much longer after that incident

Old 02-26-2018, 06:22 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
No, I always found sound something interesting in the girls I dated, but that was more difficult with the intelligent and sophisticated ones
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships