Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Women Just As Shallow As Men When It Comes To Looks?
Yes 40 86.96%
No 6 13.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 05:18 AM

328 posts, read 465,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Naturally women are more shallow than men.
Bwa ha ha. I've seen your numerous posts about chicks up here. Please...

Old 12-12-2013, 05:30 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,131,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
What do you mean he wouldn't eat or drink anything not brand named? Like if he didn't recognize the brand of water (dasani, aquafina) he wouldn't drink it? Or he would never eat from a mom and pop burger joint? Please tell me this wasn't the case...
Oh, I'm dead serious and yes, unless it was name brand or top of the line he wouldn't eat it or drink it. Had nothing to do with mom and pop joints. What makes it so repulsive is he, himself, could not afford these things on his own, but expected to be lavished in them by other people. He was soon banished.

My dad and my two brothers have their own weird quirks too. My father refuses to drink out of a plastic cup of any kind - whether it's one you re-use or throw away.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:31 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,131,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I've noticed that the reasoning behind men's being less shallow is that some of them will have sex with anyone who says yes.
...and the occasional farm animal.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:33 AM

620 posts, read 1,195,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Oh, I'm dead serious and yes, unless it was name brand or top of the line he wouldn't eat it or drink it. Had nothing to do with mom and pop joints. What makes it so repulsive is he, himself, could not afford these things on his own, but expected to be lavished in them by other people. He was soon banished.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:18 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,282,099 times
I believe, women have a longer check list when it comes to dating.

From what ive read here, some men really have one important criteria, and that's is she isn't too fat, lol; even if her face got hit by a hot shovel, she's good to go, but if she's obese, no way.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:22 AM

328 posts, read 465,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I believe, women have a longer check list when it comes to dating.

From what ive read here, some men really have one important criteria, and that's is she isn't too fat, lol; even if her face got hit by a hot shovel, she's good to go, but if she's obese, no way.
That's bull though homie. Men make fun of women all the time just for having the sheer GALL to not tick one of their superficial 'boxes' so far as looks. She can be a gorgeous larger lady, but heaven help her if she works with a bunch of immature schmucks. She can be a decent looking fit chick, but the Wrath of Zeus shall descend from Mt. Olympus if *gasp* she has a scar on her neck where she was mauled by a dog at age 6. Men are the pickiest somethings EVER even when they are not bringing sexy to the table themselves they demand it in a chick. That said, I do understand that most people end up settling in some way.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:28 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,786,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
Fast cars are fun. Souped up cars are a bit extra but a car is a status symbol in society. The ratio of designer anything worn by women to men is like 8 to 1. What is the function of a ring? Don't you think it is a bit weird that a proclamation of "love" is shown by buying a ring? During marriage, rings are bought. This happens to every woman. Its funny to me! The most useless unpractical thing that is barley large enough to fit on a finger. Someone explain the ring phenomenon to me...
Well, I don't think fast cars are fun. Does that mean men are shallow because some like them and I don't? No. Just like it doesn't mean some women are shallow because they think dressing up in designer clothes is fun (honestly, I don't get it, but some women really love that thing). My point is, your "shallow" is someone else's fun... and your "fun" might be someone else's shallow. No need to be on a high horse and be judgmental about people not being and thinking just like you.

And men wear rings too. Don't you think it's weird that a ring is the proclamation that you won the one of the greatest sporting events in the US? (yes, I am talking about Superbowl rings.) What about rings for other sporting events, mens wedding rings, Tie tacks? cufflinks? It's all decorative stuff and both men and women wear these "useless and impractical" things.

I am not saying women can't be shallow... but men certainly can be too.

Last edited by jillabean; 12-12-2013 at 06:41 AM..

Old 12-12-2013, 07:13 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,118,845 times
Not about Relationships..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships