Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Women Just As Shallow As Men When It Comes To Looks?
Yes 40 86.96%
No 6 13.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 01:34 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,618,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I think if a woman goes around worrying about her looks and everyone elses, or afraid she may gain a pound if she eats a piece of that angel food cake, this stems from her personality, which equals shallow.
Does that make sense?
If that were true, and women aren't shallow, then there would be only one food group.......chocolate. Women love the chocolate.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:41 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
I say yeh we are and always have been.
What little girls say..."When I grow up i want to marry a fugmo!"

None....

And if a woman says she doesnt care...You probably look like h*** that day and shes just saying nice things to you so you dont cry about it.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:41 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
If that were true, and women aren't shallow, then there would be only one food group.......chocolate. Women love the chocolate.
True....
But a woman does not have to love her chocolate, not to be shallow.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:52 PM

52,255 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I've been noticing lately how young girls today seem like pigs. I know that sounds harsh but it seems to me like that lately. I guess I have a higher standard for women that may sound kind of old fashioned but I feel that way. I expect women to be the "keepers" of society, meaning that men need women to stay grounded and have a sense of what is right and wrong.

Men act a little rough and unpolished and women usually keep us in line. Girls now adays seem like boys in being aggressive and not acting cooth. For example I was watching CNN or some other news channel and they were showing what was apparently home video footage of young girls beating the crap out of another young girl. They were probably 13 or 14 yrs old. These appeared to be middle class teens, not gang bangers or other crap like that. It was really disturbing to watch this footage.

There are allot of other examples, I just can't think of anything else right now, but this is what I'm talking about. I expect boys to be asses but now girls are acting that way as well.

Confused middle aged white dude here

Old 08-16-2008, 01:56 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
When I was growing up in junior high or high school the "girls" were aggressive bullies ..... was odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've been noticing lately how young girls today seem like pigs. I know that sounds harsh but it seems to me like that lately. I guess I have a higher standard for women that may sound kind of old fashioned but I feel that way. I expect women to be the "keepers" of society, meaning that men need women to stay grounded and have a sense of what is right and wrong.

Men act a little rough and unpolished and women usually keep us in line. Girls now adays seem like boys in being aggressive and not acting cooth. For example I was watching CNN or some other news channel and they were showing what was apparently home video footage of young girls beating the crap out of another young girl. They were probably 13 or 14 yrs old. These appeared to be middle class teens, not gang bangers or other crap like that. It was really disturbing to watch this footage.

There are allot of other examples, I just can't think of anything else right now, but this is what I'm talking about. I expect boys to be asses but now girls are acting that way as well.

Confused middle aged white dude here

Old 08-16-2008, 01:58 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
Personallity comes into play AFTER the physical attraction.
Indeed. The looks get the "foot in the door." The personality keeps the situtation going. And it's been that way since the day of arranged marriages.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:04 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
In reality looks have always p[layed a role sine adma and eve.But in the last decades I do thing that both men and women are looking for someone with goals a commonsnese to go along with loks since it has become more area than in the past. The wrong partner can cause you untld problems especailly financially now days.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:06 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,369 times
Women have always been shallow. So I voted Yes.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:17 PM

22,174 posts, read 19,217,049 times
the problem with vast sweeping generalizations is they are irrelevant and debilitating and the people who make them sound ignorant and superficial

listen to the language, it's revolting! any time there's a "men are this" or "women are that" it loses for me all meaning and intelligence whatsoever. It's like saying 'why are black people this way' (you'd be labeled rightly so a racist in an instant).

talk instead about traits that bother you, or trends, or behaviors, those are areas to discuss, but to blame whatever on gender is just meaningless and the person saying it sounds ridiculous

Old 08-16-2008, 03:34 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,618,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
the problem with vast sweeping generalizations is they are irrelevant and debilitating and the people who make them sound ignorant and superficial

listen to the language, it's revolting! any time there's a "men are this" or "women are that" it loses for me all meaning and intelligence whatsoever. It's like saying 'why are black people this way' (you'd be labeled rightly so a racist in an instant).

talk instead about traits that bother you, or trends, or behaviors, those are areas to discuss, but to blame whatever on gender is just meaningless and the person saying it sounds ridiculous
Is it wrong to hold women to a higher standard than men? I do.

I would also give the same advise to a woman is she were dating a guy who slept w/anyone. This was a guy asking a question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships