Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 10:49 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,896,840 times

Advertisements

"Women might be able to fake orgasms, but men can fake whole relationships" ~ Sharon Stone (or Joan Rivers depending on where you look! )

Old 08-15-2008, 10:50 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,929,154 times
Great line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
"Women might be able to fake orgasms, but men can fake whole relationships" ~ Sharon Stone (or Joan Rivers depending on where you look! )

Old 08-15-2008, 10:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
True. Just a variation of the very same theme we're wasting every single day on!

Old 08-16-2008, 12:30 AM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl2 View Post
I guess you could consider yourself fortunate that she has no problem telling you honestly that it was just not up to her expectations. You sound like an understanding and patient guy.

My situation was far from yours in that if the "magic" didn't happen for me, then it was all my fault. It became easier to fake it rather than argue about it afterward. The sad truth is if he had any awareness whatsoever, he woulld have known I was faking it. Needless to say, that man is history!
Are you serious. I couldn't imagine being with a woman and she didn't enjoy me. If you know what I mean. It doesn't have to be what you think it shoud be

I'd like to be friends with my lovers, if things didn't go so good we'd get a good laugh and move on it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Sometmes men can be so pathec.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:55 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,896,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Great line.
Yeah, soon as I saw the thread title it popped into my head! Bit of humour never hurt anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
True. Just a variation of the very same theme we're wasting every single day on!
Ah well yes, we all waste time to a greater or lesser degree and do things for strange reasons, like faking it. I think I've managed to rationalize my efforts pretty well!

Old 08-16-2008, 08:59 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,678,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Those who value honesty in their relationships, and don't mind telling it as it is.
Not everyone has sex in the context of a relationship.

It's fairly common for women not to have an orgasm every single time they have sex, while others never do, and still others only can while masturbating, and then there are mismatched sex drives to take into account. It's much easier for men to get their rocks off than women. Women take more work. So maybe some women just want to spare their partner's feelings. I don't see anything wrong with that. A man can get very disappointed and feel like a failure if he knows he hasn't pleased his woman, even though she might be just fine without having one. The fragile male ego. Some of them just don't understand that an orgasm isn't the be-all, end-all to sex for every woman.

Alfred Kinsey, he of the report fame, is once again fashionable and his opinions have undergone a revival. In his teaching he repeatedly stressed that having an orgasm is not the only criterion for determining the quality of the satisfaction that a woman derives from sexual activity. Women are able to gain great pleasure from sexual arousal that never proceeds beyond the plateau stage of sexual response. Conversely, most men tend to judge their sex life by the quality and frequency of the orgasms that it provides.

Statistics from what is generally considered to be the most comprehensive survey of adult sexual practices, The Social Organisation of Sexuality (by Laumann, Gagnon, Michael and Michaels, US, 1994), indicate that while 75 per cent of men always have an orgasm during intercourse, only 28.6 per cent of women do. That’s a depressingly large discrepancy for an act that constitutes “sex ” for the majority of people.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...icle559002.ece

Last edited by houstoner; 08-16-2008 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: adding article

Old 08-16-2008, 09:43 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,615,910 times
Here's a little article on Taoist sexual practices - they're a bit different than your usual Western approach...

Untitled Document

Old 08-16-2008, 09:44 AM

536 posts, read 1,108,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If you accommodate your hubby doesn't mean you have to fake it. I've had the GF accommodate me knowing she wasn't going to see "stars"
been there...done that too

Old 08-16-2008, 10:00 AM

536 posts, read 1,108,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Here's a little article on Taoist sexual practices - they're a bit different than your usual Western approach...

Untitled Document
oh yeah....i can hear it now...breathe...relax...sink...root...thrust your hips open your qua....coil coil coil....awwwww flow
guess you have to be a master_ _ _ _ _

Old 08-16-2008, 10:06 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,615,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shymonkey View Post
oh yeah....i can hear it now...breathe...relax...sink...root...thrust your hips open your qua....coil coil coil....awwwww flow
guess you have to be a master_ _ _ _ _
It's KUA, you ignoble plebeian!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.