Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 05:16 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,633,327 times

Advertisements

I don't know, why don't you ask all of the hot young women who date my 66-year-old dad? I guess it could be any number of things, the 60 foot yacht, the Ferrari, the mansion, the success, the power, the great dinners, the vacations to his house in Cabo, I really don't know you'll have to ask them. I mean he gets 2-3 dates a week so you might be kind of busy making that many phone calls.

Or why don't you call up Sean Connery and Patrick Stewart and tell them how hard it must be to get dates. Hmm, don't think they'd have any problems actually

You're really naive if you think a 50-year-old guy, which isn't even old, can't get hot chicks. Maybe not if he's poor, working a dead-end job, and a loser. But if you're a successful 50-year-old guy, you have a way better chance at hot girls of any age than does a young guy like me who is 25. WAY better. I can't compete with that yet. Plus, most girls enjoy older guys who are more mature, have more to offer in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 05:22 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I don't know, why don't you ask all of the hot young women who date my 66-year-old dad? I guess it could be any number of things, the 60 foot yacht, the Ferrari, the mansion, the success, the power, the great dinners, the vacations to his house in Cabo, I really don't know you'll have to ask them. I mean he gets 2-3 dates a week so you might be kind of busy making that many phone calls.

Or why don't you call up Sean Connery and Patrick Stewart and tell them how hard it must be to get dates. Hmm, don't think they'd have any problems actually

You're really naive if you think a 50-year-old guy, which isn't even old, can't get hot chicks. Maybe not if he's poor, working a dead-end job, and a loser. But if you're a successful 50-year-old guy, you have a way better chance at hot girls of any age than does a young guy like me who is 25. WAY better. I can't compete with that yet. Plus, most girls enjoy older guys who are more mature, have more to offer in general.
You're living in a dream world. If these women are dating a grandpa it's because they need a sugar daddy. Even Hefner's chick realized it was too weird to be with an old prune.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:29 AM

haha, if that's a dream world then yes I'd like that dream world. It's not a dream world for my dad, it's just another day in the good life. I'm sorry you find it so unlikely and therefore don't want to strive to achieve that, but hey whatever is hard to attain is usually worthwhile.

I don't want to be screwing old chicks when I'm 50 dude, I'm sorry. If that's your idea of the good life we obviously will have to agree to disagree. Frankly I'd rather pay for a hot 25-year-old if I was 50 than get a 50-year-old for free. Eww.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:42 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,278 times
Quote:
haha, if that's a dream world then yes I'd like that dream world. It's not a dream world for my dad, it's just another day in the good life. I'm sorry you find it so unlikely and therefore don't want to strive to achieve that, but hey whatever is hard to attain is usually worthwhile.

I don't want to be screwing old chicks when I'm 50 dude, I'm sorry. If that's your idea of the good life we obviously will have to agree to disagree. Frankly I'd rather pay for a hot 25-year-old if I was 50 than get a 50-year-old for free. Eww.
I would rather grow old with my wife.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:46 AM

*shrug* To each his own. I'd rather not be with a girl who is growing so old she's no longer attractive, but that's just me. Everyone has their own priorities I guess.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:35 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
The sport of it is what makes it fun. Haha, j/k.

The point is I always want to be having sex with someone I'm really physically attracted to, and that person is going to have to be between 18 and maybe at most 40. So if I married a girl when I'm 35, even if she is 25, I'm going to be banging a 50-year-old chick when I'm 60. No thanks. I want to be with gorgeous young women as long as that is possible.
I corrected that for you. See for me, I care about what's going on inside their brain than how they are packaged. I also don't care to have friends (male or female) that place such a high priority on their looks or the looks of the people they surround themselves with. I find those people extremely shallow and self centered.

I wouldn't date your dad either. Perhaps just one free meal because he probably goes the best restaurants. lol But even if I was his type (which I'm not) I certainly wouldn't be interested in having an affair with him just because he's rich. Money isn't everything to me. My stepdad comes from old money and he has a trust fund. His grandmother was the really rich one. In 1913, she became an orphan with $13m and that was before the age of 20. Her husband was good friends with FDR. And my dad's mom lived in Pebble Beach, along the 17 mile drive. Where her house was, is now the 17th hole. It was the only private house with beachfront. The family had to sell the house when she passed away because the estate taxes were so high. I went to an Ivy League school and brushed shoulders with the rich kids. So my attitude is not about sour grapes and never having had any. I'm just not automatically impressed with those with wealth. It's the quality of their brains that matters more to me. And I'd rather live a life of intregrity. Someone living a lifestyle of flashing their riches around is a real turnoff to me.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:02 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,074 times
Quote:
Plus, most girls enjoy older guys who are more mature, have more to offer in general.
That is true to some extent, but I have found. Most women who have sex with someone who is 15+ yrs older normally due it for lack of security. They just give it up to you if you talk with them in a confident manner. nothing to hard really. Trust me this is coming from someone whose had sex with lots of girls most of whom were not prostitutes

Old 11-10-2008, 07:03 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
So you can be an ugly heavy set dude who's never worked out his abs in his life but he can have money and be confident and he gets all the ladies and gets to roll in the hay with them.....
yes.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I corrected that for you. See for me, I care about what's going on inside their brain than how they are packaged. I also don't care to have friends (male or female) that place such a high priority on their looks or the looks of the people they surround themselves with. I find those people extremely shallow and self centered.

I wouldn't date your dad either. Perhaps just one free meal because he probably goes the best restaurants. lol But even if I was his type (which I'm not) I certainly wouldn't be interested in having an affair with him just because he's rich. Money isn't everything to me. My stepdad comes from old money and he has a trust fund. His grandmother was the really rich one. In 1913, she became an orphan with $13m and that was before the age of 20. Her husband was good friends with FDR. And my dad's mom lived in Pebble Beach, along the 17 mile drive. Where her house was, is now the 17th hole. It was the only private house with beachfront. The family had to sell the house when she passed away because the estate taxes were so high. I went to an Ivy League school and brushed shoulders with the rich kids. So my attitude is not about sour grapes and never having had any. I'm just not automatically impressed with those with wealth. It's the quality of their brains that matters more to me. And I'd rather live a life of intregrity. Someone living a lifestyle of flashing their riches around is a real turnoff to me.
There's a difference between flashing your riches and enjoying them, I would say. But maybe you wouldn't see it that way. If I was super wealthy, I would be much like I am now -- I wouldn't care what anyone thinks, I'd just enjoy myself. I like Ferraris, I like Lamborghinis, I would definitely be driving one and will one day. It's not a matter of just showing off, it's a matter of wanting to drive the best car I can with the money I have. But I'd have to be very rich to buy a car like that because they are money pits. Bad investments. But lots of fun if you have the spare cash. You can't take money with you, it's stupid not to enjoy it while you can. And of course that is going to come across as "flashy" to some people because they can't afford what you can, so what?! To worry about what the masses think about you is really stupid.

I don't care what my friends look like really, but most of my friends are into working out and staying in good health, anyway. I appreciate that because we can work out together sometimes or talk about workout strategies, etc. It's not like I would stop being friends with them if they didn't workout, LOL. Nobody is shallow just for valuing how they look. I was an awkward high school kid who wore polo shirts, had a dorky hair cut, acne, and was scrawny as a toothpick. Who wants to go through life like that? I was a much happier, more complete person when I put the effort into my appearance, dressing better, working out, etc. Working out just makes you feel a lot better, it's not just about looks, it's about how great it makes you feel and how healthy it keeps you. I love that. And keeping your appearance up is just good taste, really. It's nice to be good looking. Everyone can at least try, anyway, it doesn't mean everyone is going to be great looking but you can respect people who at least try. I've seen girls who were not that good looking but you could tell they did their best, they dressed with style, they kept in shape, etc. It doesn't make someone shallow for valuing physical appearances -- what an insult to your greatest sense! People care about what something looks like. I love movies and TV and at least half the experience is what it looks like, the rest is sound if it's not a silent picture. To deny the importance of what something looks like is just freakin' stupid. It's a huge mistake in our PC society, because we want everyone to feel good, to act like beauty is no longer important and is shallow and superficial. It's an offense against senses in general, as if they are to be ignored completely. It's ridiculous. I enjoy great tasting food, fine drinks, beautiful music, and beautiful people. I enjoy indulging my senses. I don't come from a background where we try to deny the beauty of sensual perceptions, I think it's pretty sad for those who do.

And when it comes to throwing about the word shallow constantly, puh-lease. Nobody on this forum has a philosophy degree, do they? I do. I published a book in philosophy, you can buy it online! I had straight A's in my department. I won Best Undergraduate Essay in 2005. I published a scholarly essay on religion and film in a book in 2006. I've written two more books besides that. If there's anyone here who isn't shallow, and who appreciates deep conversations, it's me. I always put time into my posts and my thoughts, whether you agree with them or not. So to throw around the word shallow as if somehow that's going to stick to me or I'm going to be offended is just laughable. You're calling someone shallow who thinks a fun time is a night at home reading Merleu-Ponty or Nietzsche or Socrates. Just because I happen to love beautiful women doesn't make me shallow, but hey I don't care you can call me that until you're blue in the face, doesn't change the fact I could destroy you in any debate and have written and published more philosophically interesting work than you will ever think about in your life time.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:54 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:

I see that shallowness and self-centeredness are heredity. Even if it is a recessive gene.

And, BTW, writing books doesn't make you deep. I've been published twice myself. Had three scholarly papers published, too. It's not that hard to do. Just find an obscure scholastic journal, butter up the editor, and -- voila! -- you've published a scholastic paper. As far as the movie goes, my brother has sold literally dozens of screenplays and had five produced. So please don't hold forth on your great accomplishments with us. I'm just not that impressed.

I would also hasten to add that a philosophy degree certainly does not confer wisdom either, given the philosophy professors I've known. No, just as often as not, philosophy is the refuge of the self-congratulatory, the ones who diddle with semantics, write breathtakingly execrable and nonsensical essays, and bandy about words such as hermeneutics and phenomenology while smoking clove cigarettes. You seem to fit the stereotype nicely.

What's more, unless you goofed around in college a lot , I'm guessing you're about twenty-six. I've yet to meet a twenty-six year old who knew squat about life. Instead, to be honest with you, you devote a great deal of time trying to impress us. The desperation seeps from every vowel. Let me guess. You were the guy at the front of the classroom who constantly raised his hand to say, "Me! Me!" Not because you necessarily knew the answers, but you were such a certified attention junkie because of a deeply unhappy and probably sterile childhood. Hence this manic need for approval by a bunch of strangers on a message board. I'm surprised you haven't brought up your IQ scores yet. Small wonder you're lonely.

Now in my years of business, I've learned to detect baloney artists. You can peg them rather easily. They bring up three things in conversation: 1) The stuff they have, 2) The things they've accomplished, and 3) Their religious convictions. Now, you haven't brought up #3, but you're fairly compulsive when it comes to items #1 and #2, so I'm guessing that you are pretty much of a fraud. For the people who walk the walk don't feel a need to bring up this stuff, content that others will discover it on their own. So my advice to you is to seek counseling. It's really your only hope.

Last edited by cpg35223; 11-10-2008 at 09:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships