Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:08 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
I have a GED and a library card.

However, I speak fluent Texan, can navigate any subway system in the world, and have the world's largest collection of unmatched gloves.

Is that impressive enough for ya yet, huh?
I still have every album the Cowsills ever recorded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
You mean "I could not care less."
Good point. Although let's be charitable here and say that he typed that in the heat of the moment, and that he's really not a functional illiterate.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:09 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
I have a GED and a library card.

However, I speak fluent Texan, can navigate any subway system in the world, and have the world's largest collection of unmatched gloves.

Is that impressive enough for ya yet, huh?
I'm impressed. I just moved to Texas and am still struggling with the language.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frootloop6 View Post
I'm impressed. I just moved to Texas and am still struggling with the language.
Wolfie should be your inspiration! He's already fluent - howdy, wolfie!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:30 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,683,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
You need to stop redefining the word shallow. If you want to give me a definition you consider accurate, go ahead, but according to dictionary definitions I've found here you are: "having little depth" and "penetrating only the easily or quickly perceived." I majored in philosophy, straight A's, I've written three books, one in philosophy, and on these forums you can see my posts always delve into the heart of an issue, I'm always focused on looking deeply into all kinds of issues. I've written hundreds of film reviews and seen movies from 1894 through present. You aren't going to find anyone deeper than me. So why don't you give it a rest, huh? Because compared to me, you are shallow as a puddle in Los Angeles.

You seem to be too uneducated to understand that "shallow" doesn't mean liking hot girls. EVERY GUY likes hot girls. Shallow means only caring about outward appearances, with no concern for what's inside. Now since you also seem unable to read, which is kind of a problem since we're online, let me say this once more: I have NUMEROUS qualities I look for in a girl, and expect a girl I date to be intelligent and able to hold an interesting philosophical conversation. What you're acting like is because I also want her to be physically attractive, that makes me shallow. I've been told on here that I have too many standards for girls, and too many requirements. I can't be both shallow AND picky at the same time. If I was shallow, I would be able to get along with basically any hot girl. But since I like to talk about philosophy, religion, politics, and art, I need a girl who can engage in those conversations too.

Now go consult a dictionary, get an education, and come back to me when you learn how to read. Thanks for playing.

PS: Ugly people really are insecure. I guess if you're hideously ugly you can call everyone else with standards shallow for finding physical appearance important. If you want to have sex with and get close with someone who is ugly and you're not even attracted to, you are a TOOL. A total LOSER. I, like every other guy who isn't ugly and has some freakin' standards, like PRETTY girls who I'm ATTRACTED to, you know, the scientific reason that guys and girls hook up? God seriously the IQs sometimes around here are hovering barely above room temperature. It's getting old fast.
*yawn* Perhaps if you posted your A papers and "hundreds of film reviews" instead of the inane, self-absorbed twaddle we get the pleasure of reading here, someone could believe you when you say you're deep. If you really are a published writer, the admonition to "show, don't tell" should be familiar to you. You are not the only published writer here, nor the only person who has achieved some modicum of success in life. That you tout your own achievements (for what? the second time in this thread?) just goes to show that you fail to realize this; that you lack self-awareness, the hallmark of a deep thinker.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:16 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
LOL...are you really keeping score? How funny. You really are a child.

Two novels published, and a multi-million dollar consultancy built from scratch and sold. Phi Beta Kappa and Masters Degree. Guest lecturer to MBA programs, including Vanderbilt and Emory. Featured in the Wall Street Journal, AdWeek, Millimeter, and Print Magazine. Semi-retired at 44 with holdings in commercial property. Speaker at conferences. Currently negotiating a column in a respected British publication. All you have is a lousy philosophy degree, and a dinky philosophy book that was probably self-published. Come back when you actually have something to brag about.
The boy really is way out of his league

Old 11-11-2008, 05:32 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,629 times
Quote:
The difference is that I'm outlining my achievements because you upped the ante, my friend. I've been on this forum for months and never really felt the need to volunteer them to anybody, while you're blurting out your meager ones as some weird and ultimately insecure tactic to cow others on the board. And the shallowness on your part is self-evident.
Now lets talk about your failures. A failed marriage? Check. Was it due to abuse? Check. Did you learn your lesson? No, check.
Check and mate with me?

Old 11-11-2008, 05:54 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I don't know, why don't you ask all of the hot young women who date my 66-year-old dad? I guess it could be any number of things, the 60 foot yacht, the Ferrari, the mansion, the success, the power, the great dinners, the vacations to his house in Cabo, I really don't know you'll have to ask them. I mean he gets 2-3 dates a week so you might be kind of busy making that many phone calls.

Or why don't you call up Sean Connery and Patrick Stewart and tell them how hard it must be to get dates. Hmm, don't think they'd have any problems actually

You're really naive if you think a 50-year-old guy, which isn't even old, can't get hot chicks. Maybe not if he's poor, working a dead-end job, and a loser. But if you're a successful 50-year-old guy, you have a way better chance at hot girls of any age than does a young guy like me who is 25. WAY better. I can't compete with that yet. Plus, most girls enjoy older guys who are more mature, have more to offer in general.
You really are more dillusional than I thought For someone who makes the claims you do I would have though it would be second nature and there would be no need to brag...do you think for a moment anyone believe you?

Any way what happend to mummy? Did daddy trade her in for a new model? Because that would explain a lot of your problems.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
Now lets talk about your failures. A failed marriage? Check. Was it due to abuse? Check. Did you learn your lesson? No, check.
Check and mate with me?
I think you're confusing me with another poster. Actually, happily married for 17.5 years. Blissfully, even.

Last edited by cpg35223; 11-11-2008 at 06:22 AM..

Old 11-11-2008, 07:19 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,629 times
Quote:
I think you're confusing me with another poster. Actually, happily married for 17.5 years. Blissfully, even.
Were you not the one who married an abusive husband and you are now dating some random guy who is young than you?
If I made a mistake sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships