Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 01:04 PM

283 posts, read 458,743 times

Advertisements

Have it ever happened to you that you met a girl that you actually like you somehow manage to get her to like you then suddenly she gets the bright idea of presenting you to her friends and her friends look at you like you were a real monster even thou its the first time you met them. You managed to get the most attractive of the bunch.

How do you deal with this kind of situation??

and Why do girls actually become real bulldogs in that kind of situation??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 01:18 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
I was thinking of that the other day. People are protective of women while men, nobody seems to care. It's not like a woman will walk to another one who is interested in a guy and go "Don't you dare mess with his feelings or I'll kick your ass" or having that woman talk to her guy friend "I am concerned about you seeing her. Don't want you to be hurt. She seems to be after your wallet and just wants to be seen in your cool car. Really, I don't like this". It's just not common at all. Even in families, parents take ultra care of their daughters but their sons? Nobody seems to care. I am glad my family did care and still do even in topics like relationships.

You know the whole "Meet the parents" thing most men go through when seeing a woman. I don't see why women wouldn't get the whole "meet the parents" thing when meeting a guy and his family. I know for sure that my parents would do something about it and not just go "He's a guy, we don't care what happens or who he goes out with".

Old 07-15-2010, 01:48 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,755 times
those women are often angry because they werent approached... they mask their cockblock as "protection". Most female pack leaders are aware of this and use their minions accordingly

Old 07-15-2010, 02:21 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
those women are often angry because they werent approached... they mask their cockblock as "protection". Most female pack leaders are aware of this and use their minions accordingly
Pretty much. It also could be she is the "hot one" of the group it sounds like you mentioned and they are just upset she is the one getting all the attention and not them.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:28 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,408,647 times
I'll admit it, I do this to other guys.

I have a friend, let's call her WuWu. She is what is considered to you guys as hot. She is like my little sister though. And she doesn't make the best choices in life, and I think I am a pretty good sense of character...so if I don't want a guy sniffing around her...I simply chase them off.

Sorry.

(She is a friend by my choice...like I said almost a little sister...)

Old 07-15-2010, 02:42 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,464,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
Have it ever happened to you that you met a girl that you actually like you somehow manage to get her to like you then suddenly she gets the bright idea of presenting you to her friends and her friends look at you like you were a real monster even thou its the first time you met them. You managed to get the most attractive of the bunch.

How do you deal with this kind of situation??

Just smile, be nice, and then get those people totally hammered. You'll be fine.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:55 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,520 times
Quote:
Actually, I'm the bulldog to begin with. If you can't pass me, you can't talk to me or see my friends. I'm not doing this to get attention and I do not play games. This is who I am. Sometimes it's the other way around. The girls are protective of the girl that you're interested in.

onihC; No girl is going to talk to my brother(s) (guy friends or biological brother) until they pass me.

One of my guy friend (long distance) got mad because we wanted to talk to him. Oh boy, what a whimp.

Last edited by ho hey!; 07-15-2010 at 03:45 PM..

Old 07-15-2010, 02:57 PM

471 posts, read 1,042,972 times
My defense to this is pay attention to the friends and ask them question about themselves. be interested in both the girl and her friends. It's the best way to win over all of them.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:40 PM

157 posts, read 332,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
+1 So true, that's why you need a friend who will take one for the team and go distract those women/bodyguard/CBers, so you and your gal can enjoy each other's company!

Old 07-15-2010, 03:53 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It's not like a woman will walk to another one who is interested in a guy and go "Don't you dare mess with his feelings or I'll kick your ass."
I did, to my friend Q's fiance before he married her. Almost those exact words, too. She treated him badly, as we suspected she would, and she literally ran from me when I saw her. Then she moved. Not because of me ... well, probably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships