Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 02:39 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times

Advertisements

Finally, a Happy Thread again! I love these threads, they are so full of good things. I especially like it when someone says thay are happy they walked their dog . It just brightens my day.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:40 PM

113 posts, read 235,412 times
I'm trying to give up smoking.. I went outside for a ciggarette and it started raining, so I thought of it as a sign,hey! don't spark up, you have come this far!....so I didn't......and that was my last one of my emergency pack.
For once rain made me happy!

And a green tea soon replaced those 2000 chemicals..

Old 08-02-2009, 03:07 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza986 View Post
I'm trying to give up smoking.. I went outside for a ciggarette and it started raining, so I thought of it as a sign,hey! don't spark up, you have come this far!....so I didn't......and that was my last one of my emergency pack.
For once rain made me happy!

And a green tea soon replaced those 2000 chemicals..
That's something to *really* be happy about!

Old 08-02-2009, 03:32 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
I woke up alive. I got up and made breakfast for my kids. We had an awesome time, now we're getting ready to go to the park and play catch with my son. He seems to be afraid of the baseball when I throw it at him and I am determined to make him unafraid after today. LOL

Old 08-02-2009, 03:43 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Went over the the grocery store, its a beautiful day today. Sitting here sipping an ice cold beer, while Stevie Nicks coos to me.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:02 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
The weather was beautiful, sunny, mild and with no humidty up until it clouded up in the late afternoon (although the rain hasn't started yet). But I spent several hours hanging out with my dogs and puppies in my yard. Now I am at the computer, listening to NPR and just relaxing. The boyfriend is off in the garage working on his Volvo.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:11 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I woke up alive. I got up and made breakfast for my kids. We had an awesome time, now we're getting ready to go to the park and play catch with my son. He seems to be afraid of the baseball when I throw it at him and I am determined to make him unafraid after today. LOL
Maybe aim below his face this time. Just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Went over the the grocery store, its a beautiful day today. Sitting here sipping an ice cold beer, while Stevie Nicks coos to me.
Watch for the progressively nonsensical posts.

Signed, The Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
The weather was beautiful, sunny, mild and with no humidty up until it clouded up in the late afternoon (although the rain hasn't started yet). But I spent several hours hanging out with my dogs and puppies in my yard.
Ya hear that, temptation001?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Now I am at the computer, listening to NPR and just relaxing. The boyfriend is off in the garage working on his Volvo.
Never heard of it referred to in quite that way before.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:26 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,538 times
I met my back neighbors, after living in this house for 10 months. They turned out to be very nice people. I pretty much had to make contact because our shared fence needs repair so when I saw the guy in his backyard I went out to say Hello and see when we could get the fence fixed.

I'm quite shy and reserved around people I don't know (except on C-D) so working up the courage to say Hi was a big step for me.

Now my neighbor is going to fix the fence himself since I gave him permission to come into my yard whenever he has time.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:23 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Because of the "wonderful" times we live in, I've been trying not to dip into savings and shaping up my (still fairly new) house little by little. So far, I'd been focusing mainly downstairs. Why? Because that's where the potential "other people" would come! As if there's a line of them anyway!

My bedroom was in a dare need of a makeover and just making me sick! A few weeks ago I said to myself: you know what, the few things still needed downstairs can wait and YOU matter, too! I haven't done too much yet, but even the new bedding, towels, and bath accessories make me feel good and smile when I wake up. I also threw out the ratty bathrobe I've been wearing even though I bought a new one some time ago and it was sitting there waiting for better days. When? Six feet under?! There's a lot more to throw out. My goal is to make my home as clutter-free as possible and have only one of each item I need, but of better quality. Order gives me a peace of mind. It didn't always use to be this way. When I was in my teens and early 20s, I could walk over any mess and it didn't bother me one bit. It's either a sign of wising up, or aging, or both...

That's a damn cultural thing for me, too. We always try to provide and save the best for the guests. Screw the guests! I'm a human, too!

Last edited by sierraAZ; 08-02-2009 at 06:02 PM..

Old 08-02-2009, 05:26 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Because of the "wonderful" times we live in, I've been trying not to dip into savings and shaping up my (still fairly new) house little by little. So far, I'd been focusing mainly downstairs. Why? Because that's where the potential "other people" would come! As if there's a line of them anyway!

My bedroom was in a dare need of a makeover and just making me sick! A few weeks ago I said to myself: you know what, the few things still needed downstairs can wait and YOU matter, too! I haven't done too much yet, but even the new bedding, towels, and bath accessories make me feel good and smile when I wake up. I also threw out the ratty bathrobe I've been wearing even though I bought a new one some time ago and it was sitting there waiting for better days. When? Six feet under?! There's a lot more to throw out. My goal is to make my home as clutter-free as possible and have only one of each item I need, but of better quality. Order gives me a piece of mind. It didn't always use to be this way. When I was in my teens and early 20s, I could walk over any mess and it didn't bother me one bit. It's either a sign of wising up, or aging, or both...

That's a damn cultural thing for me, too. We always try to provide and save the best for the guests. Screw the guests! I'm a human, too!
I'm so glad you did something nice for yourself, Sierra! And my mom is guilty of saving the parents' living room for guests, guest towels, etc. I bet my family has lived more in the kitchen than the dining room and the living room. Waiting for the guests that never came.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships