Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 12:46 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times

Advertisements

The kids, hubby and my dad are out on the boat while I am here chattin' with you guys and waiting for a phone call. A good portion of my family is from New Orleans and while most did not return after Katrina there are a few left and they have evacuated. We are hoping they will come here to stay, so I am waiting to see what their plans are.

I am in the middle of prepping for dinner and fretting over the rest of my kids going back to school on Wednesday. Laundry, backpacks, names on EVERYTHING, etc...you know the drill!!

Old 08-31-2008, 01:56 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I wish you lived closer...that sounds like a perfect day to me I love to take classes, regardless of the type!
You don't need them. You're a Martha Stewart as it is! It was so funny to watch these girls' different personalities at such an early age...

Quote:
If you took any pics, I'd love to see them.
No pics, sorry. Don't think it's allowed, either.

Quote:
The kids, hubby and my dad are out on the boat while I am here chattin' with you guys and waiting for a phone call. A good portion of my family is from New Orleans and while most did not return after Katrina there are a few left and they have evacuated. We are hoping they will come here to stay, so I am waiting to see what their plans are.

I am in the middle of prepping for dinner and fretting over the rest of my kids going back to school on Wednesday. Laundry, backpacks, names on EVERYTHING, etc...you know the drill!!
I shouldn't have touched the darn computer. Now here I am again instead of doing something useful... Do you mean your family is going to move closer to you or just visit?

I had a little emergency that luckily turned out be a short scare - was reassured the water heater ain't about to explode, but any time I see flashing red accompanied by an exclamation point I naturally freak out. I thought it might have something to do with the fact it's a gloomy day and it's probably trying to say it's in electricity mode instead of solar, but who knows... I've heard of heaters exploding.

Will make another attempt to prepare calamari tonight (squid). Love them, but just can't get them right.... To my consolation, most of the restaurants can't, either.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You don't need them. You're a Martha Stewart as it is! It was so funny to watch these girls' different personalities at such an early age...

No pics, sorry. Don't think it's allowed, either.

I shouldn't have touched the darn computer. Now here I am again instead of doing something useful... Do you mean your family is going to move closer to you or just visit?

I had a little emergency that luckily turned out be a short scare - was reassured the water heater ain't about to explode, but any time I see flashing red accompanied by an exclamation point I naturally freak out. I thought it might have something to do with the fact it's a gloomy day and it's probably trying to say it's in electricity mode instead of solar, but who knows... I've heard of heaters exploding.

Will make another attempt to prepare calamari tonight (squid). Love them, but just can't get them right.... To my consolation, most of the restaurants can't, either.
My relatives are trying to get the heck out of New Orleans right now. They will be hard pressed to ever go back...too much has happened at this point.

We would love for them to come here and live...we are more insulated from the hurricanes so there would be less stress on them.

If my hot water heater blew, I would probably blow with it!! That is a bummer

I am glad your day was good! And good luck with calamari and squid. Wish I had some advice but my hubby cooks the fish and seafood.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
We would love for them to come here and live...we are more insulated from the hurricanes so there would be less stress on them.
Are you sure you're careful what you're wishing for...?

Eh, I'll eat my calamari even if they're substandard.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:13 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
I took a hot bubble bath!

Old 08-31-2008, 02:15 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Thinking about going to our favorite outdoor resturant. They have a bar area that overlooks the harbor. We sit there and have a bottle of wine and enjoy the harbor view.

Or maybe I'll just post here in C-D all day.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Are you sure you're careful what you're wishing for...?

Eh, I'll eat my calamari even if they're substandard.
They would just stay with us for a short time (few weeks) and see what happens. They may decide to relocate here.

You know me, I'm always looking for some sucker to help with carpool so on THAT note, the more the merrier

Old 08-31-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Thinking about going to our favorite outdoor resturant. They have a bar area that overlooks the harbor. We sit there and have a bottle of wine and enjoy the harbor view.

That sounds wonderful!!

Old 08-31-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Had I had a harbor, you wouldn't see me here at all! Get the heck out of here!

Quote:
You know me, I'm always looking for some sucker to help with carpool so on THAT note, the more the merrier
Sometimes dealing with people is harder than driving alone. How would you like your MIL in the carpool?

Old 08-31-2008, 02:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
ran errands for mommy.
fed a humming bird
did the laundry
posted for obama 08.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships